You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 154>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

what’s the trick for maximizing chances of getting tickets. Group 1 I’m guessing. And then for multiple applications how do you do that with the passport details they want? Any tricks?

Outside of later knockout games surely tickets won’t be a problem.  Feck all fans will be traveling given the cost of flights and accommodation surely? 
Sponsored Links

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 2:44pm
KO times for the group stages of 10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm. I think I'll give working from home a go for those few weeks.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by BrenC BrenC wrote:

what’s the trick for maximizing chances of getting tickets. Group 1 I’m guessing. And then for multiple applications how do you do that with the passport details they want? Any tricks?

Outside of later knockout games surely tickets won’t be a problem.  Feck all fans will be traveling given the cost of flights and accommodation surely? 

Trying for some of the later knockout games. Shame Ireland isn’t in as it would have been good to see all their group games without a lot of travel in the country. 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 7:01pm

FIFA have no right to access any Irish passport details.  They can of course check if it is a valid Irish passport number eg number of letters and numbers.  

Teams that will be tough to get

Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Morocco, Tunisia , Canada, USA , England, Europe PO winner

Teams that will be easier than you'd expect

France, Spain, Belgium,  any other European side, any other African side,  Korea, Japan  

Games like Germany v Spain, Belgium v Croatia and France v Denmark should be reasonable enough to get.   

Cat 3 tickets will be really really tough.  eventually they will surely take any sale they can get for Switzerland v Cameroon, Korea v Ghana , Serbia v Cameroon etc but probably not in this phase.  If you look at the stadium maps cat 3 is tiny.  

2 games a day is easy once it is 1pm with 7pm or 10pm or 4pm with 10pm.  The complete Rof16 is doable but really need no extra time for the 6pm game on the 4th or 5th.  Ideally none on 3rd or 6th either for those games but still doable.  

Knockout tickets are normally easier than group games.  Most fans go home early.  

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 7:10pm
This looks like an absolute joke of a tournament Dead
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

FIFA have no right to access any Irish passport details.  They can of course check if it is a valid Irish passport number eg number of letters and numbers.  

Teams that will be tough to get

Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Morocco, Tunisia , Canada, USA , England, Europe PO winner

Teams that will be easier than you'd expect

France, Spain, Belgium,  any other European side, any other African side,  Korea, Japan  

Games like Germany v Spain, Belgium v Croatia and France v Denmark should be reasonable enough to get.   

Cat 3 tickets will be really really tough.  eventually they will surely take any sale they can get for Switzerland v Cameroon, Korea v Ghana , Serbia v Cameroon etc but probably not in this phase.  If you look at the stadium maps cat 3 is tiny.  

2 games a day is easy once it is 1pm with 7pm or 10pm or 4pm with 10pm.  The complete Rof16 is doable but really need no extra time for the 6pm game on the 4th or 5th.  Ideally none on 3rd or 6th either for those games but still doable.  

Knockout tickets are normally easier than group games.  Most fans go home early.  

Ah thank you. So I can put in passport details that have the right number of characters but then if I get selected switch out the people with the passports that I want to bring. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 10:11pm

Trying for some of the later knockout games. Shame Ireland isn’t in as it would have been good to see all their group games without a lot of travel in the country. 

You make it sound like we are unlucky not to make our first wc in 20 years
It would damage this forums' reputation
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 11:02pm
https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/feb/23/revealed-migrant-worker-deaths-qatar-fifa-world-cup-2022

Just an update on dead migrant workers. 6,500. What's that, the whole lower south stand? A bit more? Every death worth it though for the great experience Clap

It's expected that this toll is well underestimated too so with a right good push it might reach nearly as many Season Ticket holders as we have here in Ireland. Great effort Clap
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/feb/23/revealed-migrant-worker-deaths-qatar-fifa-world-cup-2022

Just an update on dead migrant workers. 6,500. What's that, the whole lower south stand? A bit more? Every death worth it though for the great experience Clap

It's expected that this toll is well underestimated too so with a right good push it might reach nearly as many Season Ticket holders as we have here in Ireland. Great effort Clap

Mad to think there’s Irish lads going to this with not a care in the world! Have some shame ffs.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 9:20am
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 10:53am
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death………..
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 11:34am

Trying for some of the later knockout games. Shame Ireland isn’t in as it would have been good to see all their group games without a lot of travel in the country

This is one of the great things about going to the World Cup, the traveling around the country. 3 or 4 weeks stuck in Doha? F**k that.
ThrowInDelap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThrowInDelap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 10:59pm
Some relatively reasonable options up on the accommodation portal now. 
If time's a drug, then Big Ben is a huge needle injecting it into the sky.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 11:51pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 6:07am
I'd expect a retraction on that statement in the next day or so.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 10:32am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 10:36am
Saw that LOL
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2022 at 5:45pm
How was that not a penalty for Ukraine? Joe Allen clearly kicked Yarmalenko in the box.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 154>
  Share Topic