You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Festy Ebosele

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 32>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

No, didn't come on last week. Three from the last four, six, nineteen & fifteen minutes, if he gets five next week he'll have played a half. 

He is only 20 playing in one of the Top 5 Leagues in Europe. If he was getting the same minutes for a Brighton/Brentford in the Prem, I think we would all be a bit more excited by his progress. Seems to be going the right way for him in that at least he's getting minutes and is in the manager's thoughts. I think he is unlikely to be called up for the senior squad in March anyway. It will be interesting to see if he will commit to the U21 campaign, at least for the opening fixtures in the Autumn. Who knows he may have broken in to the senior team by then, particularly as Udinese are a selling club who will likely lose players in the summer.
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 4:09pm
First start today at RWB against Atalanta

Edited by Bandwagon - 04 Mar 2023 at 4:09pm
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 8:04pm
How did he get on?
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 8:21pm
Only caught the last 25 minutes of the first half but he was solid won a few fouls and defensively he was okay too which is a positive sign as his coach has referenced him needing to improve at that. 

He went off with cramp after 78 minutes but it can be taken as a big positive that he substituted Pererya on a player that has played wing back for them mostly this season and never took Ebosele off. 

Hopefully he shakes off the cramp and can get a regular run even if only off the bench when your man returns. Signs were positive tonight overall. 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 4:16pm

Huge development this.... He dribbled passed a player!! Clap

Edited by ShamtheRam - 11 Mar 2023 at 4:16pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 11:41am
Regardless, more minutes again this weekend, came on in the 76th in a 1-0 away victory for Udinese. Definitely starting to see more game time. If he was doing this at Brentford ro the like, we'd all be happy enough with his progress, so not sure why there still seems to be an air of negativity around him. Let's not forget the lad is only 20 and starting to feature regularly in Serie A.
Idah Dream!
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 11:47am
Young lad goes from a struggling Champ team to a decent Seria A team, has to learn a new language and adapt to a new culture and is getting first-team gamtime in his first season there.
It's a success story for sure.

I'd say he's an outside bet for the squad.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 10:37pm
Another brief sub app for Festy yesterday in a 3 1 victory over Milan
Idah Dream!
Tweetering View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 11:06pm
I gave the opinion in the other thread, that he deserves the be in the senior squad for this new campaign, and I got criticised heavily for it.

If you're good enough to play in Serie A, albeit as a sub, then you're definitely good enough for Ireland right now.

The only counter argument I think is valid, is that we are well covered at RB, and so it might be better for his development to keep playing with the U21s.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Tweetering Tweetering wrote:

I gave the opinion in the other thread, that he deserves the be in the senior squad for this new campaign, and I got criticised heavily for it.

If you're good enough to play in Serie A, albeit as a sub, then you're definitely good enough for Ireland right now.

The only counter argument I think is valid, is that we are well covered at RB, and so it might be better for his development to keep playing with the U21s.

Can definitely see your point. Kevin Higgins the ex Kennys Kids had lads crying to him about “Ebosele” struggling a bit in the game he started on Twitter and Higgins had to point out he was playing Atalanta not Preston or Rotherham quite amusing. Always astonishes me how it can’t be grasped by so many! 

Think the game time the U21s will give him can’t be any harm at all. Might be better off there in that sense! 

Good to see him getting minutes regularly now for Udinese with Udogie gone in the summer hopefully the only way is up for him. 

Edited by kevin100 - 20 Mar 2023 at 4:18pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2023 at 2:39am
Originally posted by Tweetering Tweetering wrote:

100% agreed. Did a full season in the Championship, and has now begun picking up regular appearances in Serie A. If he's good enough to start vs Atalanta and keep a clean sheet then he's good enough to play vs most teams we come up against.

He's a natural wing back and can play off both flanks. His pace & power offers something completely different to our other wingbacks, attributes that are hugely useful at international level.

Think maybe his recent gametime came too late in the day for inclusion in this March squad, but if he continues to pick up the same regular appearances for the rest of the season then I don't see how he can be ignored.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 11:47am
Just seen he is starting RWB for Udinese against Bologna today. Good news. 

Edited by darman28 - 02 Apr 2023 at 11:50am
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 11:49am
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Just seen he is starting RWB  for Udinese against Bologn. Good news

Udinese find themselves 2-0 down after 12mins.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 11:59am
Before someone thinks I've written the lad off, *cough*O'Shea*cough*, he's had a couple of good exchanges in the opening half of the first half.

Bologna have just been clinical scoring the two chances that fell their way, while Udinese haven't.

Edited by J89 - 02 Apr 2023 at 12:00pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 12:00pm
Watching the game here and he hasn't been too involved barring one or two runs.

The standard is incredibly poor compared to the type of game you might see between two mid table Premier league sides.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 12:22pm
Udinese have been very wasteful this first half.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 12:48pm
Was replaced at half time for a striker and Bologna made it 3-0 in the 49th minute.

Edited by J89 - 02 Apr 2023 at 12:53pm
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 12:54pm
Is that his first start?
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 32>
  Share Topic