You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feeder terms in the Premier League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feeder terms in the Premier League
    Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 7:41am
AVB is believes that Premier League teams should be allowed to have feeder teams. He believes that it is what needed to bring English football to the next step.
Say nothing till you hear more
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Absolutely Use Absolutely Use wrote:

AVB is believes that Premier League teams should be allowed to have feeder teams. He believes that it is what needed to bring English football to the next step.

So your saying AVB wants Chelsea to be allowed become a parent club to Fulham for example?? That's madness imo , EPL clubs have feeder clubs all around the world to start wanting a feeder club in the same league as the parent club would be a joke.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 12:11pm
He wants a system similar to the ones on the continent where you are allowed to have a 'B team' in the lower leagues. The reserve leagues aren't competitive enough and the Youth Cup is about competition rather than talent. He wants the youht teams to play regionally.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 12:22pm
it works very well for the german teams , they all have b teams and some compete very well in the 3rd bundesliga
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 12:24pm

Ha, Jonny Foreigner would never be allowed to try implement that in the country that gave football to the world.  He makes a good point but the insular English won't hear of that.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 12:31pm
Why didn't he just say Chelsea's reserve's would become Chelsea "B" and compete in the lower leagues of English football? In my eye's a feeder club is a club you buy players off or loan players to i.e Man Utd - Antwerp. Ah well i'd be all for seeing "B" teams in the lower leagues , it's worked well in Germany as Roger said and is working well in Spain to.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 12:47pm
Say nothing till you hear more
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 1:54pm
Don't they already play their reserve teams in the cups? Would be the final nail in the coffin of English footballs soul.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Don't they already play their reserve teams in the cups? Would be the final nail in the coffin of English footballs soul.

NO they don't.

How would it be a nail in the coffin of English football's soul? German and Spanish football certainly havn't lost their soul and they have reserve teams playing in the league system.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 2:01pm
I think an idea to be looked at would be for Premier League teams to enter their reserves in something like the LDV Vans trophy(don't know if it's still called that). They'd get a few games out of that surely.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 2:04pm
It's a good idea in theory but in practice i dont know. How many sides would have B teams competing in lower leagues? 
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

NO they don't.

How would it be a nail in the coffin of English football's soul? German and Spanish football certainly havn't lost their soul and they have reserve teams playing in the league system.

It has always been part of the culture on mainland Europe. English football has traditionally blossomed on the strength of provincial and smaller clubs.Very few teams in the third tier or lower in Germany,Italy or spain garner the support that lower league teams in England traditionally get. It is not just part of footballing culture but part of the fabric of society here. While understand AVB wanting what is best for his team there are far more serious problems in the English youth system than Arsenal reserves not playing Barnet
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

It's a good idea in theory but in practice i dont know. How many sides would have B teams competing in lower leagues? 

In Spain there are 2 'B' sides in the Segunda1(Championship).

Below this there are 4 groups of 20 teams. These 4 leagues are equal in quality. The top 4 teams in each group go into a 16 team play off. The best 4 in the play off get promoted.

Out of the 80 teams, 14 of them are 'B teams'. You cannot get promoted to Segunda 1 unless your first team are in La Liga Premira.

Below these 4 groups are around 20 regional leagues. In these leagues there are plenty of B teams of smaller clubs as well as 3rd teams of bigger clubs.

Real Madrid B look like they could be promoted to Segunda 1 this season.

Not sure how they'd work it in England and what level the teams would enter at.

Edited by tribalarmy - 20 Jan 2012 at 2:30pm
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 2:34pm
A very arrogant idea from a top club, these B teams would be effectively taking a place in the football league from another club. What would be the limit? Why cant they just use the loan facility and loan players out to teams with a smiliar playing philosophy?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

Why cant they just use the loan facility and loan players out to teams with a smiliar playing philosophy?

You can't control whether they play or not.

You can't call them up to the 1st team squad when you need them you must wait for a transfer window.

One of the best thing about Barca and Villareal. Is the young players play together every week at a high competitve level. They aren't all scattered about at different clubs playing slightly different styles and then come back with little understanding of each other.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 2:51pm
Benitez wanted this back in his day.
Basically the reserve team would be much more competitive.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 2:52pm
It would also help the players develop a lot more. If a lot of the Barca youth players were on loan at another club or somewhere in europe, they're hardly going to develop the Barcelona style of play. Whereas having a B team really allows them to grow into being a Barca player and makes the step up easier for them.

Watching El Classico the other night didn't they say something about Pep giving roughly 25 youngsters their debut over the last few years. Thats tremendous. 
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 2:54pm
There is no doubting the benefits of this for chelsea et al. What are the benefits for the members of the football league?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic