You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fear of flying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fear of flying
    Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 12:59pm
I done a search to see if there is a thread on this common enough phobia but cannot find one.

Im sh*tless of flying and ve been fairly pissed getting on the plane to ireland aways. i hate the take off and the descent through clouds.fcukin hate that.bad thing about getting pissed when flying is i find your ears are twice as sore from waiting to pop.you feel like sh*te when you get off the plane i findas the alcohol wears off for a few hours.

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:03pm
I don't have a fear of flying......just crashing
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:06pm
Hulkhogan on here is in the same boat,got off a plane just before take off
Thread there somewhere
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:07pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:08pm
I wouldnt be bad enough not to get on the plane even if i was sober but i go pretty pale when i do.
JammyDodger View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JammyDodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:13pm
stock up on rohypnol Thumbs Up
Cookie Monster View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:13pm
Stay up all night before you fly, bring a good inflatable neck pillow with you and crash out (excuse the pun) for the duration of the flight. Also no harm to pop a valium just before you board Thumbs Up

I used to be a schizophrenic.......and so was I
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:14pm
My Mrs is sh*t scared of flying too, go to the doctor the day before you go away he'll prescribe you a couple of valium which should do the trick.

Its either that or get pissed.....or both Big smile

Edited by Max Power - 24 Apr 2012 at 1:15pm
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:15pm
Get a 13 hr flight with KLM. You'll soon realise that crashing isn't actually the worst case scenario Thumbs Up
@AntrimMan85
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

My Mrs is sh*t scared of flying too, go to the doctor the day before you go away he'll prescribe you a couple of valium which should do the trick.

Its either that or get pissed.....or both Big smile

i took valium before and it was a great job but its nice to have pints in the airport with your mates. its one of my favourite parts of the away games.
damo21 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
What powers have MODS got?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:48pm
Have a nice big Hash Cake before you get to the Airport , you will be so relaxed by the time you get to the Airport , have a few pints at the Airport before boarding , best way !!! Also don't forget to bring some food for the munchies when they kick in on the plane.
he who lies down with the dog will come up with fleas
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by damo21 damo21 wrote:

Have a nice big Hash Cake before you get to the Airport , you will be so relaxed by the time you get to the Airport , have a few pints at the Airport before boarding , best way !!! Also don't forget to bring some food for the munchies when they kick in on the plane.
Ah man, you'd be paranoid out your mind. Pints is the way forward.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Get a 13 hr flight with KLM. You'll soon realise that crashing isn't actually the worst case scenario Thumbs Up

Im flying with them to the Euros,bad outfit are they??
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:53pm
I dont mind paying 5.50 pints in dublin airport if it makes me feel better on the plane.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Im flying with them to the Euros,bad outfit are they??

Grand on short to medium flights, ye'll be fine. Proper long haul though, fookin horrific.
@AntrimMan85
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:55pm
I used to have a nervousness of flying, then started watching all those "Air Crash Investigators" shows on Discovery. After watching a few of them, you begin to realise how much actually has to go wrong for a plane to go down, and how a little turbulance has never taken a plane down. I'm fine about flying now!
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I dont mind paying 5.50 pints in dublin airport if it makes me feel better on the plane.

Would you not just have a few pints before boarding then sleep on the plane? Seems like an easier option to settle your nerves.
MJD View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:59pm
I'm pretty sh*t scared at times myself. Was on a flight from Austrailia about five years back that had one of those drops from going into an air pocket, absolutely shat myself. And it looked like I pissed myself because I had a glass of water on the tray and it went all over my jeans when the plane dropped. Fella beside me got the phone out to say goodbye to people because the turbulence was so bad after the drop!!

Know a girl who swears by valium, can't be arsed with it myself.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>
  Share Topic