You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAO Shels Fans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FAO Shels Fans
    Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 2:39pm
Does your club have a historical society?

I'm looking for information about the 1955/56 season. My grandad played for Shels that year and I'm looking to make something.

Pictures, newspaper cuttings, programs and the like would be helpful.

Anything really would be helpful
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

sledgehammer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledgehammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 10:47am
There was a book released a few years ago with ever player who played for the club and a short synopsis on them. My dad has it in his house somewhere if you pm the number I will look up his name next time I'm home
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 11:33am
Contact the club themselves, should put you in the right direction? Landon is the only Shels "fanatic" on here and all he does is sit on a bus all day telling people how draws should be illegal
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2014 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

Contact the club themselves, should put you in the right direction? Landon is the only Shels "fanatic" on here and all he does is sit on a bus all day telling people how draws should be illegal
LOL
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 3:19pm
Zizu I have that book somewhere at home. PM me his name and I'll see if there is anything on him in it Thumbs Up
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Does your club have a historical society?

I'm looking for information about the 1955/56 season. My grandad played for Shels that year and I'm looking to make something.

Pictures, newspaper cuttings, programs and the like would be helpful.

Anything really would be helpful
I have a book at home which could have his name in it. PM me his name and I'll check it this evening.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 9:45am
Newstalks Documentary at 6pm on sunday evening features Ollie Byrne and his time at Shels.........for early birds its on a 7am to tomorrow morning.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Newstalks Documentary at 6pm on sunday evening features Ollie Byrne and his time at Shels.........for early birds its on a 7am to tomorrow morning.

Downloaded the podcast and listened to it today - excellent documentary

It's called 'Ollie's Reds: Never ignored' for anyone interested 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 4:55pm
Gonna give it a gander tomorrow
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 12:44pm
Shels record goalscorer Eric Barber has died.
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 12:36am
Is the shels forum gone?
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 12:42am
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Is the shels forum gone?
Their fan cured himself of schizophrenia and stopped talking to himself on there
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 12:56am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Sad to hear. A former hoop too and one of the few players to play domestically, the UK, Mainland Europe, the US and be capped Clap

RIP
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 1:13am
Originally posted by Madferret Madferret wrote:

Sad to hear. A former hoop too and one of the few players to play domestically, the UK, Mainland Europe, the US and be capped Clap

RIP
A cut above the rest, he could have scored many, many more. He had so many close shaves, regularly clipping the crossbar. He was famous for his scissors kicks I believe and scored some great curlers
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 1:21am

Sad to hear.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 1:22am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

Is the shels forum gone?

Their fan cured himself of schizophrenia and stopped talking to himself on there
Madferret View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 1:22am
Some man for the puns CB Clap

I'll NEVER take you up tho if invited back "for coffee". Probably only find Collins Dictionaries and Thesauri in the fridge LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic