FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFAO Donal Cullen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Topic: FAO Donal Cullen
    Posted: 26 Jun 2008 at 1:10am
Have you found the scorers from the Tnt vs Ireland match in 1982 yet?  I just registered at SocaWarriors and Bumped the post (From three years ago) and I realized it was you (and I emailed you about this a year ago, strangely enough).  Unfortunately I still can't find anything.
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
Sponsored Links

Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2008 at 10:39pm
Sorry worm, took time off to run for VP to Borac Obama, so couldn't write. Yeah, I was on the socca warriors site (like YBIG great craic) but they couldn't help me. I have not got any info on the match but am trying to convince my publisher that a trip to T&T might clear up the matter if I can look up some old newspapers. There is not much hope of that and it seems as if the match was basically ignored on the island as it was arranged so late. I'm still on volume two of the book and volume three will include the T&T match so I'll see what I can do about it then.
Hay, worm, how about convincing Count that a link up with some of the lads on the socca warriors site might be a good thing!!!
There are friendlier places to drink.
theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2008 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Donal Cullen Donal Cullen wrote:

Sorry worm, took time off to run for VP to Borac Obama, so couldn't write. Yeah, I was on the socca warriors site (like YBIG great craic) but they couldn't help me. I have not got any info on the match but am trying to convince my publisher that a trip to T&T might clear up the matter if I can look up some old newspapers. There is not much hope of that and it seems as if the match was basically ignored on the island as it was arranged so late. I'm still on volume two of the book and volume three will include the T&T match so I'll see what I can do about it then.
Hay, worm, how about convincing Count that a link up with some of the lads on the socca warriors site might be a good thing!!!
I have a guy there helping me with a few ideas on contacts.  As for the link up, I'd guess it would be hard as many of them are in TnT or America and many of the people here are in Ireland.  Of course a friendly between TnT and Ireland in Chicago would be a great way to meet halfway Tongue (and I'm sure TnT wouldn't mind scoping it out before they play here in September)

Anyway, heres the thread with some ideas

And here are the PMs between us that may help you

Quote To contact some of the former players in that game...assuming vb's list is correct:

Brian Williams- Head Coach at United Petrotrin... should be able to contact him thru the website.

Clayton Morris is involved with organizing nascent Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT)

There's a forumite on here by that moniker as well FPATT... try sending him a PM to get in touch with Clayton...they speak almost daily... you can let him know I referred you to him.

Also you may want to try and drop a line to the thread starter... Mr. Cullen dndcullens@yahoo.ca

Hope that helps...
Quote Contact Tallman... not only is he our esteemed Mod, but he's also a veritable walking enclycopedia of TnT football history.  He'll be able to direct you to a line up of players on that historic team and may be able to direct you as to how to contact them.

Additionally I contact the TT Pro League (our 'MLS', lol), their website is down ( Roll%20Eyes ) but I was sent a contact list for all the teams in the league.  My suggestion would be to run a couple names by the Pro League contact, a one Ms. Julia Baptiste and see if she knows off-hand is any of the former players are now affiliated with any of the Pro League Clubs... you can then use the contact info to contact the clubs and get in touch with any players from that line up in '82 who may be with the Pro League teams.

I see you email in your profile and will forward the contact list to you.

I've PMed you the Contact List as well

Edited by theworm2345 - 26 Jun 2008 at 11:52pm
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2008 at 11:08pm
Worm, I'm trying to find the stuff I had on the match here in my files but it's lost with the stuff I am currently working on. I'll try and get back to you if I find it.
There are friendlier places to drink.
theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2008 at 2:18am
OK, thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic