You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAO Cyclists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FAO Cyclists
    Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 11:48am
Havent cycled in years so what I want to know is if I attempt to cycle from Knocklyon to Stephens green is there a chance I will die and also how long would that generally take someone who hasnt cycled in a while?
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 12:09pm
Fair play SGB you do come out with some gas threads. The 'is there a chance I will die' bit had me chuckling!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 12:18pm
Genuine question LOLEmbarrassed
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 12:22pm
Not much more than half an hour, you won't die and it is mostly downhill into town.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 12:25pm
Put it like this: when I was fitter, it took me thirty minutes from Connolly station to the bottom of stocking lane, so knocklyon to the green should be less.... especially considering it is largely downhill.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 12:26pm
Downhill into work means uphill home.
mrs broonies bhoys View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs broonies bhoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 12:27pm
Make sure you put decent quality tyres on your bike,you would want to avoid puntures
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Downhill into work means uphill home.

Yup. Then again, it doesn't matter so much how long it takes to get home.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by mrs broonies bhoys mrs broonies bhoys wrote:

Make sure you put decent quality tyres on your bike,you would want to avoid puntures

hmmmmm it just so happens two were discovered on my car this morning and i didnt know about them Confused

SD how uphill we takin here on the way home?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 12:40pm
It's not that bad. I mean, it's a little bit of a slog, especially with the prevailing wind generally being southwesterly, but it's not too bad. If you can borrow a bike before buying one, try it.... if you own a bike already, try it too. Maybe go out at the weekend and see. It's not that bad. The pain in the ass is rain but honestly, I cycle in and out of work and I maybe get wet two days of the month (I mean, if it is raining in the morning I take the bus or luas, but about one or two days a month I get wet coming home).
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Havent cycled in years so what I want to know is if I attempt to cycle from Knocklyon to Stephens green is there a chance I will die and also how long would that generally take someone who hasnt cycled in a while?

as far as I know, the time it takes someone to die is not determined by the level of experience you may have in cycling
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 12:48pm
I would say your "behind" would have wished you took the bus ........................
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 1:02pm

If you happen to hold me up whilst cycling, there is a chance

This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 1:16pm

SD how uphill we takin here on the way home?
Just check it out on your way to work....It will be the opposite to that!!!
Enjoy the pains
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 1:50pm
i thought you were in training for a fecking triathlon?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 1:53pm
You having a laugh? That lasted about 1 minute then I realised the swim was in the liffey. Not for me.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 1:57pm
then you should have trained for a duathlon instead!

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

If you happen to hold me up whilst cycling, there is a chance

LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic