You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAO: Away travellers overlooked for tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FAO: Away travellers overlooked for tickets
    Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 10:31pm
(Mods, sticky please)

Alrite lads,

your much-maligned FLOs are compiling a list of away travellers on the Euro 2012 campaign who
were overlooked by UEFA/FAI for tickets for the tournament this summer.

We will be sending the list to the FAI so they can crosscheck their records with the info we send them. Hopefully this way the people who slipped through the net last week will have a chance of being sorted with tickets.

Sending us your details is of course no guarantee that any or all of you will get sorted if/when  UEFA/FAI distribute any remaining tickets. But if you're not in you cant win. And we intend to put forward your case to the FAI in the hope that everyone will get sorted. 

If you have been overlooked for tickets and have travelled away on the recent campaign please send us ALL of the following information:

Name
UEFA Reference Number (can be found in the email where you were sent your portal password on Dec 6th, last)
FAI reference number (can be found in the same email as above)
Email address
Phone number
Forum name (yes, your confidentiality will be respected. Myself and Aido only know some of the ppl here by their forum names, and Aido is really bad with real names, so help the aul lad out)
***If you are not registered on the forum you can still email in your info******
List the away games in which you sourced tickets yourself through the FAI (Not a big spiel, just a list i.e "Russia, Macedonia"
List of away games in which a friend/colleague sourced tickets from the FAI on your behalf, and the name of that friend (again not a spiel, just a list i.e "Armenia, John O'Flaherty"
A SHORT note on what evidence of travel you can provide later on if necessary, i.e "photo of my visa for Russia"

Please email the above information to fansliaisonofficer@gmail.com

PLEASE DO NOT attach photos or send us copies of Ryanair itineraries. Please do not send us PMs with this info, we'll just disregard it.

Thanks a mill,

rolo & AidoM

Edited by Bob Hoskins - 25 Mar 2012 at 12:40pm
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 10:52pm
Clap
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 10:57pm
great stuff lads Clap
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 10:58pm
Fair play lads,thanks for your help Clap
Theres only one sport that matters..
M.50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 11:00pm
What's being done for us regular home fans that were overlooked last week Confused
Beavis View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 11:00pm
Clap X 100 ! FAI Thumbs Up
<insert witty comment>
Midlands View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midlands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 11:08pm
Clap Fair play lads

Im bowing out as we've gotten sorted through the Resale Portal for 2 out of the 3 matches over the weekend.

We've 3 weeks left on the portal to try and source the Spanish tickets and Im going to contact the ticket office as well and see what our realistic chances are of getting them off the FAI. Considering they are like hens teeth I dont fancy our chances at all.

Good luck to all involved and great work by the FLO's again ClapClap

By the fans for the fans
The Irishmans left foot is so cultured it could paint the Mona Lisa while enjoying a half time orange
flick View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by M.50 M.50 wrote:

What's being done for us regular home fans that were overlooked last week Confused

+1 As I said to the Fai how are fans supposed to build loyalty when both of their away ticket applications were rejected?
GWAN YBIG
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 11:32pm
There might also be an option to provide travel details for fans who travelled to these games and sourced tickets in the Portacabin in Andorra and off a tout in Estonia ?

M.50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by flick flick wrote:

+1 As I said to the Fai how are fans supposed to build loyalty when both of their away ticket applications were rejected?

There's that + the fact that many can't afford to travel to Ireland away games so they support the team at home.

I don't deserve a ticket more than anyone else but I've attended the majority of home internationals for the last 5 years, about 30 games I guess so not having the opportunity to support my team in a major championship is hugely, hugely disappointing. 1 ticket for one group game would have been small compensation but greatly appreciated at that.

I'm resigned to the fact now that I won't be going to EURO 2012 but whilst I miss out so will the FAI because I won't be spending another cent on a home match ticket in future.
sledgehammer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledgehammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 11:55pm

There's that + the fact that many can't afford to travel to Ireland away games so they support the team at home.

I don't deserve a ticket more than anyone else but I've attended the majority of home internationals for the last 5 years, about 30 games I guess so not having the opportunity to support my team in a major championship is hugely, hugely disappointing. 1 ticket for one group game would have been small compensation but greatly appreciated at that.

I'm resigned to the fact now that I won't be going to EURO 2012 but whilst I miss out so will the FAI because I won't be spending another cent on a home match ticket in future.
                                                                                                                                                                               That's a cringeworthy post. Talk about throwing the toys out of the pram! You have obviously done huge things for ybig in the past and the work on the go green campaign was a credit to you but appears every time something doesn't go your way you throw the toys out of the pram. The thing is if u had just said I was unsuccessful in my application people on here would of sorted you out for tickets instead you say I didn't get a euro ticket so I'll never go to a match again. That attitude would defo put me off passing you on a spare if I had one. Man up!
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing
MJD View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 12:14am

In fairness someone has to lose out, and surely the people who did get tickets got them for a reason. I'm in the same boat as you, I've been to basically every home match for the past five years, and I travelled to Estonia despite unsuccessfully attempting to source tickets, but I support Ireland and attend matches because I want to support my country. I was unsuccessful in the 'lotto', but have since secured tickets for two of the matches and I'll hopefully get tickets for the remaining match one way or the other.

Fair enough, we should feel hard done by if Dom Rick and Larry have been allocated tickets despite never having seen Ireland play but, as far as I know, everyone who applied through the 'lotto' was able to do so because they had shown some sort of recent loyalty to Ireland.

I'm sure in your time on YBIG you've made a few contacts who will be able to help you out! Keep plugging away and I'm sure you'll find tickets somewhere.
Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 1:01am
Originally posted by sledgehammer sledgehammer wrote:

That's a cringeworthy post. Talk about throwing the toys out of the pram! You have obviously done huge things for ybig in the past and the work on the go green campaign was a credit to you but appears every time something doesn't go your way you throw the toys out of the pram. The thing is if u had just said I was unsuccessful in my application people on here would of sorted you out for tickets instead you say I didn't get a euro ticket so I'll never go to a match again. That attitude would defo put me off passing you on a spare if I had one. Man up!

Never great to see people lose out. But surely on March 20th, there is no point being defeatist and resigning yourself to the fact that you won't get tickets. Surely you've booked most of it already? So back yourself and go to the tournament. You'll get something. After all, aren't we all headed to Poland to support Ireland and not the FAI?
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 6:07am
well done lads Clap, not that ye haven't already earned your stripes as FLO's but this is productive positive work and will cheer alot of people up!

Got refused myself but great to see this....
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 6:51am
Yep all those who have knocked the FLO's in the past shame on you .

Well done lads I hope you get as many sorted as you can .Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 7:31am
Didn't Gerk set up a thread on this already
I can understand M50s grievance here,will there be a thread set up for home fans?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
JimmyG View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 8:08am
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0321/1224313641764.html
From the report in today's Irish times it looks like there are thousands of tickets floating around if you believe Mr delaney.  We were all under the impression that the initial FAI allocation was around 6,000 per game and they later got another 700 or so per game.  We understood from that allocation the FAI had to take care of Abbey TRavel and its own sponsors.   Not so says Delaney:-
“We now have about 7,000 for each game,” he said yesterday, “and probably 9,000 for the Italian match. If you add in what Abbey Travel get and what the Uefa sponsors get and our own sponsors get, that’s going to be close to 10,000"
So it seems if my math is correct Abbey and the sponsors got over 3,000 tickets per game between them but not from the FAI allocation of approximately 6,700 per game.
Strange how the story keeps changing to suit the particular tune JD is humming at any given time.

Football is all very well a good game for rough girls, but
not for delicate boys.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 8:17am
Originally posted by JimmyG JimmyG wrote:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0321/1224313641764.html
From the report in today's Irish times it looks like there are thousands of tickets floating around if you believe Mr delaney.  We were all under the impression that the initial FAI allocation was around 6,000 per game and they later got another 700 or so per game.  We understood from that allocation the FAI had to take care of Abbey TRavel and its own sponsors.   Not so says Delaney:-
“We now have about 7,000 for each game,” he said yesterday, “and probably 9,000 for the Italian match. If you add in what Abbey Travel get and what the Uefa sponsors get and our own sponsors get, that’s going to be close to 10,000"
So it seems if my math is correct Abbey and the sponsors got over 3,000 tickets per game between them but not from the FAI allocation of approximately 6,700 per game.
Strange how the story keeps changing to suit the particular tune JD is humming at any given time.

Well Jimmy, if JD is telling the truth about the numbers, then as you say there are a good deal more tickets available than we first thought.......which is good news Thumbs Up

I wonder how this news will impact on Wednesday's Ticket Debate/Rant/Accusations/Personal Insults/Home or Away Fan/Superfan/Most Deserving/Biggest Brown Noser.....etc
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 33>
  Share Topic