You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fans games, Georgia game, details Page 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Neymar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by flaghunter flaghunter wrote:

Coming from Turkey with no gear, but if struggling for a keeper and someone has the gear I'm happy to do goals again.

Only have gloves with me, I'll jump in for the first half if no other gk and GA second half unless someone else fancies going in for a stint?

Anyone fancy being manager? Or Assistant and I'll give ya instructions for making subs at specific times so everyone gets a run etc 
He loves the kids, he brings the gear, thinks he's Mother Theresa this year.....
Sponsored Links

Fatmc96 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 10:43pm
We've myself and 3 other lads who'd be interested, if you're still looking for numbers?

Definite for Georgia and maybe for Switzerland depending on date.

Never played a fans game before, are boots a necessity?
King Neymar View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Neymar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 8:34am
Astro boots be grand, what positions do you all play as need to sit down in a bit and see what players I have and positions etc
He loves the kids, he brings the gear, thinks he's Mother Theresa this year.....
Fatmc96 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmc96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 9:15am
Cheers! Two Centre/Full backs, two mids and a striker
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 12:14pm
Did anyone try Noel Mooney on Twitter to organise gear for the fans match?

He seems to be very responsive and an easy win for him if he replies!

And he played in a match for us before!

Edited by The Boy Z - 08 Oct 2019 at 12:14pm
Theres only one sport that matters..
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Neymar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 2:18pm
If someone can sort it then sweet but they'll have to take responsibility that all jersey's are given back and that the kit makes it to Geneva as I've a number of connections starting tomorrow night, plus you'll have to get the kit from Drog Addict tomorrow at some point. 
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by King Neymar King Neymar wrote:

If someone can sort it then sweet but they'll have to take responsibility that all jersey's are given back and that the kit makes it to Geneva (washed and dried) as I've a number of connections starting tomorrow night, plus you'll have to get the kit from Drog Addict tomorrow at some point. 
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 5:16pm
Any chance anyone has a spare pair of football shorts they can lend me for Tbilisi? Cant find mine and wont have a chance to get some before going over.
Im a 36 waist in jeans so they'd need to be a fairly large set of trunks.
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

Any chance anyone has a spare pair of football shorts they can lend me for Tbilisi? Cant find mine and wont have a chance to get some before going over.
Im a 36 waist in jeans so they'd need to be a fairly large set of trunks.
Never mind, the missus has found them just as Im about to leave the houseClapClapClap
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 7:44pm

Astro boots be grand, what positions do you all play as need to sit down in a bit and see what players I have and positions etc

Anywhere across midfield or up front.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 8:54pm
any pictures of the pitch?
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Neymar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 12:12am
Originally posted by Fatmc96 Fatmc96 wrote:

Cheers! Two Centre/Full backs, two mids and a striker

Can take 2 players as reckon we currently have 14 which is grand enough but can always accommodate afew mmore, means everyone gets a fair bit of game time. 
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Neymar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 12:17am

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Vake-Saburtalo,+Tbilisi,+Georgia/@41.8083259,44.7688598,18z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4044723a1f33e85f:0x1f87d993055e82b1!8m2!3d41.7686342!4d44.7403282
This is the location of the pitch.

Note, if you google Vake-Saburtalo football pitch it takes you too an old disused stadium so make sure you are heading to the above link, its beside a university and I'll post the exact address in a bit.

Taxi from freedom square should be 15 Lari but the plan will be to meet up around the Hangar Bar area for 3pm and then get everyone in a taxi by 3.30pm as although google says 25mins we know by now rush hour traffic in Tbilisi can be nuts so leaving at 3.30pm should have us all their by 4.15 at the worst hopefully. Taxi's will be ordered for us (players and fans) after the game etc

BUMP 

Remember bring green jersey, white shorts green socks with you if possible or at the very least a green jersey. 

Will be working/travelling tomorrow and part of Thursday so won't have much opportunity to check this thread so read the above for meetup times and location. 
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 2:48am
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

What match did Mooney play in?
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 8:49am
Home game. Against Germany maybe ?
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 11:08am
Right wing /Second striker
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 11:20am
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Might be something to consider for the future, we're in contact with him on a numnber of issues and he was looking for details of the matches yesterday.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Spoon-inho View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoon-inho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 5:24am
Originally posted by jamie2905 jamie2905 wrote:

1, Boy Z. Mid 
2, Guf    mid/fb
3, Bronze cb/mid
4, MJD bench
5 Walls   gk - put those gaa skills to use
6 Green army. Gk
7 Linzark. Versatile 
8 AKOT  as above 
9 Craiglen. Marathon runner 
10 Jamie  Right Wing or second striker
11 Moeszlak ????