You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fan zones?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 6:45pm
I have been to the fan zones in Austria in 2008 and in Poland in 2012,both were run by Carlsberg and were pretty dissapointing beer wise etc but the atmosphere wasn't bad,however i believe if you head to the Momtmarte area as soon as you arrive there is a good chance you will score a ticket,there is so many Sweden tickets being held back in hope of a swap for a Belgium ticket and people will pull out, plus you have the touts who sweat at the stadium with 10 minutes to go,keep the faith!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Sponsored Links

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 7:59pm
Shame about the beer choice for the fanzone. I'll pop in for an hour if there's any craic but it's going to be montemarte etc for the bulk of the session.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 8:14pm
After our match in Paris is over I was thinking the fan zone in St Denis will be the best spot to catch the Belgium Italy match. It kicks off an hour after our match finishes. Any pubs in central St Denis that would be a better alternative?
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

After our match in Paris is over I was thinking the fan zone in St Denis will be the best spot to catch the Belgium Italy match. It kicks off an hour after our match finishes. Any pubs in central St Denis that would be a better alternative?

St Dennis is just a subburb town with f**k all in it. Either fanzone beside the stadium or head back into the city.
Liatroim Red View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane
Longford Red

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liatroim Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 9:58pm
Out of interest, where was the fanzone in Gdansk? The whole bloody city seemed to be a 'fanzone'!

Edited by Liatrom Red - 29 Apr 2016 at 9:59pm
"I only ever hit Roy Keane the once. He got up so I couldn't have hit him very hard." - Brian Clough
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 10:10pm
went to the Poznan Fan Zone in 2012 on my first day.  Wasn't allowed to bring in my Nikon D5 camera and had to check it in.  I can understand "professional cameras" being banned from stadiums, but the Fan Zones as well?  Ridiculous.

Will most likely drop by the PAris Fan Zone on the Sunday before the Sweden game.  To pick up copies of the official programme to post home to friends, if nothing else.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

St Dennis is just a subburb town with f**k all in it. Either fanzone beside the stadium or head back into the city.
SD fan zone it is then. I'll miss a lot of the match if I head back into Paris after our match.

Edited by colemanY2K - 29 Apr 2016 at 10:19pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Liatrom Red Liatrom Red wrote:

Out of interest, where was the fanzone in Gdansk? The whole bloody city seemed to be a 'fanzone'!

It was a little bit out of the centre. Had to jump on the tram for a few stops to get to it.
The dark side.. And the light
OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 10:44am
Likely will visit the Fanzone on Sunday to see it and decide do I want to be there pre and post our game. May also try and score some extra tickets needed for Sweden game.

Not sure what to expect tbh as in Poznan I drove to both games from a good distance and mate was in hotel so I never visited.

Figure it will be great for atmosphere, non drinker so care little of what beer it is................... However if Fan Zone prevents lots of drunks fighting each other and destroying others enjoyment then its a good thing.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 2:18pm

SD fan zone it is then. I'll miss a lot of the match if I head back into Paris after our match.

Think we will be heading there too,how far is the fan zone from the stadium?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

15-20 minute walk according to Google.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 12:01pm

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

15-20 minute walk according to Google.

Might be a bit longer than that will all the extra security but its defintely the best option in order to make the 9pm kick off,a taxi from Saint Denis  to Montmarte is about 10 minutes and should cost around 15€,should be a load of taxis hanging around the fan zone after the game.
HampshireDub View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HampshireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 10:14pm
Poznan fan zone was crap.
Did have a bank machine and half decent food but otherwise best avoided.
Find yourself a local bar / cafe and mix and mingle that way.
Draw me a compass I need a MAP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic