You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Famous Films You've Never Seen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Any of the Fast and Furious sh1te. You couldn't pay me to watch those. Anything with The Rock Andy Garcia or Nicholas Cage and im instantly ooout

Andy Garcia is good in Internal Affairs with Richard Gere

Things To Do in Denver When You're Dead is an underrated movie. 
BrenC View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 1:20pm

Any of the Fast and Furious sh1te. You couldn't pay me to watch those. Anything with The Rock Andy Garcia or Nicholas Cage and im instantly ooout

The three of those actors make such different movies it’s an odd list to totally exclude.  Cage in particular has some amazing  movies even if you don’t like his full blown Cage ones.  Lots of charm in lots of his early 90s light entertainment fare like It could happen to you for example. 

The only actor who is totally unwatchable for me is Kevin Hart. 

Team Emmet
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by BrenC BrenC wrote:

The three of those actors make such different movies it’s an odd list to totally exclude.  Cage in particular has some amazing  movies even if you don’t like his full blown Cage ones.  Lots of charm in lots of his early 90s light entertainment fare like It could happen to you for example. 

Jim Carrey, Vin Diesel, Jason Statham, Wesley Snipes, Vince Jones are some of the names I just will not even bother watching if they are in a film.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Jim Carrey, Vin Diesel, Jason Statham, Wesley Snipes, Vince Jones are some of the names I just will not even bother watching if they are in a film.

So you haven't seen Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? Two great films.
BrenC View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

So you haven't seen Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? Two great films.

Vin Diesel is in Saving Private Ryan and Boiler Room.  Both very good films. 

Team Emmet
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Think I saw it or some of it 20 years or so ago.  Ddin;t eave me with a good impression otherwise I'd have watched it again since.  No interest in films like that.

I like thrillers or real life stuff generally but I have exceptions obviously.  Spiderman, Batman, Transformers or anyfink else of that nature is just a yawn for me.  Ridiculous action movies such as some of the latest James Bonds are just stupid imo.  As if humans can do some of the stuff portrayed on screen.  I'd be looking at Daniel Craig James Bond driving a sports car at 80 miles per hour on a cliff edge road while simultaneously shooting at bad guys in the mountains above and following him and maybe blowing up a helicopter at the same time. Ok some people might think its great escapism but to me I'd be sitting there thinking ''this is just dumb''.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 7:27pm
Not watched a bond movie. 

Only watched the avengers 1 out of all the marvel movies. (Well except deadpool but not the same universe thingy).

Schindler's List

None of John Wayne or Clint Eastwood westerns from back in day. Have seen unforgiven but.

Edited by t_rAndy - 09 Jul 2022 at 7:29pm
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Not watched a bond movie. 

Only watched the avengers 1 out of all the marvel movies. (Well except deadpool but not the same universe thingy).

Schindler's List

None of John Wayne or Clint Eastwood westerns from back in day. Have seen unforgiven but.

Always meant to watch Schindlers list. Never got round to it
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 7:33pm
Schindlers List is a great film.  When we played Poland in 2015 I went to Krakow to see Auschwitz and also visited Schindlers Factory/Museum where it was filmed

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 7:35pm
Always wanted to shift a girl during Schindler's List like Jerry in Seinfeld.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 2:50am

Ridiculous action movies such as some of the latest James Bonds are just stupid imo.  As if humans can do some of the stuff portrayed on screen.  I'd be looking at Daniel Craig James Bond driving a sports car at 80 miles per hour on a cliff edge road while simultaneously shooting at bad guys in the mountains above and following him and maybe blowing up a helicopter at the same time. Ok some people might think its great escapism but to me I'd be sitting there thinking ''this is just dumb''.

Fully agree. Escapism Confused it's absolute twaddle I feel sorry for adults who enjoy this 12 year old rubbish. Die Hard is firmly in the same category as this. 

Need to watch the Godfather 1 and 2 again, can't recall if I have seen them both fully. 

I'm reading Sidney Poitier's book - so I will have to watch some of his movies as I don't think I have seen one before Embarrassed
It would damage this forums' reputation
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 7:05am
Guess who’s coming to dinner
The Heat of the night 

Clap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic