You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Famous Films You've Never Seen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Trap tell me you have at least seen your own biopic, Unhappy Gilmore 

I have and enjoyed it.  Looking forward to seeing the movie about your own life 'The 40 Year Old Virgin'

Meow LOLLOLLOL

Donโ€™t tell the social welfare otherwise the childrenโ€™s allowance will be stopped. 

Are your parents still getting that for you yeah?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 1:22pm

I have and enjoyed it.  Looking forward to seeing the movie about your own life 'The 40 Year Old Virgin'
Remember the day folks, 8th July 2022

12.5 years after joining the forum

35,700 posts

He finally did it

A funny joke 

Clap
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Remember the day folks, 8th July 2022

12.5 years after joining the forum

35,700 posts

He finally did it

A funny joke 

Clap

So that puts me one funny joke ahead of you soClap

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 2:01pm

Funny how things stick with people on here LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Only recently watched the Star Wars films for the first time, all 3 trilogies. Probably the most over rated of them all, I get the initial hype of the first 3 in the era they were released but it was massively downhill from there on.

I watched the three prequels a few weeks ago on Disney+ (first time I'd seen them since the cinema) and would agree with the above. I mean I remember not really enjoying them in the cinema but as it had been so long thought they might be worth another spin. I was wrong. The CGI really stings the retinas, the storylines are awful and the acting not much better.

Given the recent trilogy wasn't great (first one was ok but the second and third were pretty terrible) there's an argument for the only decent Star Wars stuff being the original trilogy. Could maybe add Rogue One and the Mandalorian into the mix too but that's about it.

Rogue One was pretty decent, I'd probably rank it as the best film since the original Trilogy.

I actually watched all the films in prep ahead of the Madalorian series which I also really enjoyed, again I'd easily have it ahead of any prequels.

Obi Wan is next on the list, was waiting for all episodes to be released so I could binge it on a weekend.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 2:06pm

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Funny how things stick with people on here LOL

The best bit is randomers coming up to you on away trip
Saying are you baldrick are you really a virgin ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€. 

Clowns like greenforever thinking it was true too ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 2:20pm

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 2:23pm

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Only recently watched the Star Wars films for the first time, all 3 trilogies. Probably the most over rated of them all, I get the initial hype of the first 3 in the era they were released but it was massively downhill from there on.

ย 
I watched the three prequels a few weeks ago on Disney+ (first time I'd seen them since the cinema) and would agree with the above. I mean I remember not really enjoying them in the cinema but as it had been so long thought they might be worth another spin. I was wrong. The CGI really stings the retinas, the storylines are awful and the acting not much better.
ย 
Given the recent trilogy wasn't great (first one was ok but the second and third were pretty terrible) there's an argument for the only decent Star Wars stuff being the original trilogy. Could maybe add Rogue One and the Mandalorian into the mix too but that's about it.

Rogue One was pretty decent, I'd probably rank it as the best film since the original Trilogy.

I actually watched all the films in prep ahead of the Madalorian series which I also really enjoyed, again I'd easily have it ahead of any prequels.

Obi Wan is next on the list, was waiting for all episodes to be released so I could binge it on a weekend.

Rogue One is a cracking film. It's basically a heist movie.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 2:50pm
The Matrix 
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 10:36pm
Watching that film US Marshals on itv4.  Jesus its bad.  Exact same script as The Fugitive almost.  First time I have seen it.

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 11:30pm

Iโ€™ve never watched The Green Mile or The Shawshank Redemption from start to finish in one go. 
El Puto Amo
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 11:43pm
Anyone who hasn't watched The Godfather dont bother watching the 3rd one. Just stick with the first 2. Should never have been released. Loads of movies ive never seen. Star Wars Harry Potter Lord of the Rings. I've never watched Taxi Driver either. It's not that unusual.
I love beer gardens
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 11:46pm
anything to do with Space or Galactica. 
Goblins, orks, norks, talking trees, car chases, 

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 11:51pm
Any of the Fast and Furious sh1te. You couldn't pay me to watch those. Anything with The Rock Andy Garcia or Nicholas Cage and im instantly ooout
I love beer gardens
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Any of the Fast and Furious sh1te. You couldn't pay me to watch those. Anything with The Rock Andy Garcia or Nicholas Cage and im instantly ooout

I hear it was Stephen Hawkings favourite movie. 

Load of sh*te alright.

Avatar is another I have never seen.  That sort of thing wouldn't interest me at all I'm afraid. 

Fantasy , Sci Fi or ridiculous action movies I have little interest in.

In school we were shown Blade Runner for English class.  Didn;t really think it was that good at all tbh.  Haven't watched it since mind.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 6:18am
Think Blade Runner is held high because of the visuals and futuristic, apocalyptic blah. I found it slow and quite boring. Must actually watch it again as havenโ€™t in about 15 years.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2022 at 11:12am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Andy Garcia is good in Internal Affairs with Richard Gere
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic