You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Famous Films You've Never Seen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 7:16am
Thread title needs changed to I don't watch films.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Any Star Wars, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings movie

All Bond films apart from one 

All the Die hards

First and third Die Hard movies are some of the best action movies along with Con Air and Face/Off.

Action movies aren’t for me 

There’s probably a load more famous ones I haven’t seen 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 8:22am
Yeah pretty nuts to think anybody who is a movie fan hasnt seen the Godfather trilogy or something like Taxi Driver.

One biggie on my list that i havent seen is Chinatown with Jack Nicholson. Need to chalk that one off. 

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 8:47am
I'd have far too many to name on this list. Didn't have an older brother/sister to introduce me to decent movies, folks weren't really into movies so it's only stuff I've stumbled upon later that I've seen. Never went back and watched the likes of Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs etc. I prefer 6/8 part miniseries that Netflix and HBO make than movies so tend to watch those when I've free time
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 8:56am
Pulp Fiction is a must😍
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 9:16am
The Godfather trilogy top of my list, even bought them cheap on Bluray a few years ago but still haven't got around to them, they're a big commitment as all 3ish hours long!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Citizen Kane
Taxi driver
Its a Wonderful Life

I'm not being smart but are you actually into movies? You've named some really excellent films that you haven't seen so I'm thinking not?

No I am not a film buff.  Watch them when the mood takes me. Dont watch them out of some.sort of obligation.

Anytime a fella says "I'm not being smart but.." you can bet your bottom dollar he is.Wink
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 10:03am

Citizen Kane
Taxi driver
Its a Wonderful Life

I'm not being smart but are you actually into movies? You've named some really excellent films that you haven't seen so I'm thinking not?

No I am not a film buff.  Watch them when the mood takes me. Dont watch them out of some.sort of obligation.

Anytime a fella says "I'm not being smart but.." you can bet your bottom dollar he is.Wink

I don't get this at all . If you're not really into films what's the point of the thread? It's like me starting a thread "10 famous operas I've never seen". I'm not not into opera so why would I have seen them. I get that films are much more mainstream and form a major part of popular culture but you take my point!
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Only recently watched the Star Wars films for the first time, all 3 trilogies. Probably the most over rated of them all, I get the initial hype of the first 3 in the era they were released but it was massively downhill from there on.

I watched the three prequels a few weeks ago on Disney+ (first time I'd seen them since the cinema) and would agree with the above. I mean I remember not really enjoying them in the cinema but as it had been so long thought they might be worth another spin. I was wrong. The CGI really stings the retinas, the storylines are awful and the acting not much better.

Given the recent trilogy wasn't great (first one was ok but the second and third were pretty terrible) there's an argument for the only decent Star Wars stuff being the original trilogy. Could maybe add Rogue One and the Mandalorian into the mix too but that's about it.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 10:14am

Citizen Kane
Taxi driver
Its a Wonderful Life

I don't get this at all . If you're not really into films what's the point of the thread? It's like me starting a thread "10 famous operas I've never seen". I'm not not into opera so why would I have seen them. I get that films are much more mainstream and form a major part of popular culture but you take my point!

Because everyone assumes everybody has seen Star Wars or Jaws etc..

I've seen my fair share of films and would say I've seen most films that were popular.  But I wouldnt be one for going to the cinema regularly.  I dont make to do lists and then cross them off my list.  Just watch them if flicking through the tv channels.  Saw Top Gun Maverick recently but more so because my girlfriend wanted to go.  Was a decent watch though.

So to sum up I like films but wouldn't be a connoisseur apart from spotting plot holes.

Edited by Trap junior - 08 Jul 2022 at 10:25am

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 10:29am

Citizen Kane
Taxi driver
Its a Wonderful Life

Because everyone assumes everybody has seen Star Wars or Jaws etc..

If you're of a certain age, yes. The likes though of The Godfather, Taxi Driver and It's a Wonderful Life, these are all films that you'd choose to see as an adult (the argument could be made either way for that on Its a Wonderful Life), where you would actually choose to spend your time and money on something you enjoy as opposed to as a child being swept along in some sort of cultural phenomenon eg E.T. or Star Wars.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 11:03am
FWIW It's a Wonderful Life is a timeless masterpiece. It's a 10 from me. Especially considering the fact that its nearly 80 years old and it still holds its place. Brilliant movie. Feels way ahead of its time. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BrenC View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 11:30am
If you haven’t seen The Godfather then you are in for a treat.  Find a free evening and watch the first one.  Then watch it again.  It’s a near perfect film.  

Godfather II is almost as good.  And it enriches rewatches of the first film.  

The book is also well worth a read.  More pulpy, less dramatic but you get a lot of interesting background on minor characters. 

Re-edited version of the 3rd one is better than the much maligned original release but still a significant drop in standard.  Works as a decent movie but adds little to the first two. 
Team Emmet
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 11:39am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

FWIW It's a Wonderful Life is a timeless masterpiece. It's a 10 from me. Especially considering the fact that its nearly 80 years old and it still holds its place. Brilliant movie. Feels way ahead of its time. 

Agreed. Brilliant film.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 11:48am
I better keep my fingers still as so many movies i have not seen from what people have talked about above Embarrassed
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 12:36pm
Trap tell me you have at least seen your own biopic, Unhappy Gilmore 
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I have and enjoyed it.  Looking forward to seeing the movie about your own life 'The 40 Year Old Virgin'

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 12:53pm

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I have and enjoyed it.  Looking forward to seeing the movie about your own life 'The 40 Year Old Virgin'

Meow LOLLOLLOL

Don’t tell the social welfare otherwise the children’s allowance will be stopped. 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic