You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAI fine Dundalk E6.5M

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FAI fine Dundalk E6.5M
    Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 4:58pm
The FAI have moved swiftly to fine Dundalk for their exuberant celebrations after last night's win over BATE Borisov.

John Delaney, last week described by the Roscommon league delegate at the FAI AGM as "the greatest leader this organisation has ever had", convened a press conference this morning to condemn Dundalks despicable behaviour.

"As is well known, I am a selfless person who has given my life to the game of soccer in Ireland. (At this point the press conference was delayed for over an hour to allow the Roscommon delegate finish applauding Mr Delaney and was also heard saying "I want you to farther children with my wife. I will raise them as my own").

Mr Delaney later continued:
"I will not allow Dundalk to profit, I mean flaunt the laws of our game. Laws which I embody in every breath I take. I am your king and you are my Plebs"

"There were young children at Tallaght County Councils Stadium last night and they witnessed shocking scenes.
Clapping, pitch sliding, singing and a general good feeling and positivity about the League of Ireland"

" These are scenes the FAI will do its utmost to ensure are never repeated again".

Dundalk manager Stephen Kenny was livid at the massive fine, which is the largest to ever have been handed down by an FA to a domestic club.
Mr Kenny said:
"We intend to fight this fine tooth and nail. It is clearly a money grabbing exercise. We will go as far as the Court of Arbitration for Sport and further if needs be. "

The FAI have quickly responded by saying they will hand any LOI club who open a CAS case against the FAI, an automatic E500,000 fine.

Combined with Dundalks original E6.5M fine this would mean all of Dundalks prize money would end up in FAI coffers.
When this was put to Mr Delaney, he responded:
"Good, it's a matter of sporting integrity and we know how to use it best. I require a wage increase as a matter of urgency and the good soccer people of the Roscommon League have long deserved a wage increase".
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic