You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAI Finances thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 9:04pm
There must be no corporate governance structure at all in the FAI.
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 6:31am
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

There must be no corporate governance structure at all in the FAI.
Dont be ridiculous, of course there is a corporate governance structure

John Delaney
                                                  l
                                                  l
                                       Everybody else
opa01 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 8:27pm
Some fun going on over in the Leinster Senior League - World Class Administration!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1456714741290192
Will no-one rid me of this turbulent priest?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by opa01 opa01 wrote:

Some fun going on over in the Leinster Senior League - World Class Administration!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1456714741290192

link not working
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by opa01 opa01 wrote:

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 8:23pm
helli again...time to brimg this baby back to life....

now..about that 100 grand .......
Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 11:34pm
May as well start the (tennis) ball rolling; 

The extra tickets the FAI bought off Celtic/Dermot Desmond for the Scotland away game- are the costs of those recorded in the accounts ? 

The pulping of (a reported) € 10,000 worth of match programmes pre Scotland home game- is that cost recorded in the accounts ? And the cost of the re-prints- is that included in the € 10k as well, or is it a separate cost ? As a slight aside, have a look at this report of that incident;

According to that report, that decision was a board one, and nothing to do with the former CEO, even though it was comments made by the former CEO that caused the board to make the decision to pulp the programmes. On a credibility scale of 1-10, with 1 being unbelievable and 10 being the full honest truth of the matter, JD claiming he knew nothing about that decision comes in at around, eh, 10 of course, like everything else he ever uttered. 

Who paid for the injunction taken out by JD V various media outlets re his Eurovision Song Contest attempt in the Bath pub ? If it was the FAI, is that cost recorded in the accounts ? If he paid himself, grand job, nothing to see here. 

Who paid for a number of legal 'cease & desist' letters/threats to various media outlets over their coverage of his OCI role around the time of Pat Hickey's arrest in Brazil ? If it was the FAI, are these costs recorded in the accounts ? If he paid himself, grand job, nothing to see here. 

Edit; Actually another aside here- just after remembering that one of the FAI shills that appear on here from time to time assured me that all those media outlets would end up in court, the great man would be vindicated, and they would all have to pay him money. Aside from one single case V the Irish Daily Mail (I think it was them), which he won, and that was before this particular exchange of views with that poster, none of them had accused him of any wrong-doing, so I reckoned the threats were worthless. Presume they are all due in court any day now. 

Who paid for the injunction attempt V the Sunday Times/Tighe ? If it was the FAI, are these costs going to be recorded in this years accounts? 

Question for the board if it transpires that the FAI did pay for some or all of these legal related issues- is this considered the best use of FAI funds? 

Exactly how much have the FAI spent on legal fees involving the former CEO during his tenure ? Perhaps he paid for all those actions himself, he could well afford to on his previous salary. Then again, he could have afforded to pay all his own rent on that previous salary too, but that didn't happen. 

Edited by deise316 - 11 Apr 2019 at 11:38pm
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 1:31am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

The extra tickets the FAI bought off Celtic/Dermot Desmond for the Scotland away game- are the costs of those recorded in the accounts ? 

The pulping of (a reported) € 10,000 worth of match programmes pre Scotland home game- is that cost recorded in the accounts ? And the cost of the re-prints- is that included in the € 10k as well, or is it a separate cost ? As a slight aside, have a look at this report of that incident;

According to that report, that decision was a board one, and nothing to do with the former CEO, even though it was comments made by the former CEO that caused the board to make the decision to pulp the programmes. On a credibility scale of 1-10, with 1 being unbelievable and 10 being the full honest truth of the matter, JD claiming he knew nothing about that decision comes in at around, eh, 10 of course, like everything else he ever uttered. 

Who paid for the injunction taken out by JD V various media outlets re his Eurovision Song Contest attempt in the Bath pub ? If it was the FAI, is that cost recorded in the accounts ? If he paid himself, grand job, nothing to see here. 

Who paid for a number of legal 'cease & desist' letters/threats to various media outlets over their coverage of his OCI role around the time of Pat Hickey's arrest in Brazil ? If it was the FAI, are these costs recorded in the accounts ? If he paid himself, grand job, nothing to see here. 

Edit; Actually another aside here- just after remembering that one of the FAI shills that appear on here from time to time assured me that all those media outlets would end up in court, the great man would be vindicated, and they would all have to pay him money. Aside from one single case V the Irish Daily Mail (I think it was them), which he won, and that was before this particular exchange of views with that poster, none of them had accused him of any wrong-doing, so I reckoned the threats were worthless. Presume they are all due in court any day now. 

Who paid for the injunction attempt V the Sunday Times/Tighe ? If it was the FAI, are these costs going to be recorded in this years accounts? 

Question for the board if it transpires that the FAI did pay for some or all of these legal related issues- is this considered the best use of FAI funds? 

Exactly how much have the FAI spent on legal fees involving the former CEO during his tenure ? Perhaps he paid for all those actions himself, he could well afford to on his previous salary. Then again, he could have afforded to pay all his own rent on that previous salary too, but that didn't happen. 

How much was Joe McGlue paid to strip search fans in Belgrade for anti Delaney flags? And then deny that he had anything to do with it before a video was sent to liveline?
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 7:16am
Can that video be watched anywhere? 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 7:27am

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Can that video be watched anywhere? 
Dirty bastard!
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 7:45am
You beat me to it 9Fingers. LOL 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 8:00am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Per the Oireachras hearing, JD paid the ST injunction costs himself. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 9:00am
I would be interested to see proof that he did cover the costs himself.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 9:42am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Is it possible to perjure yourself at an Oireachras hearing? 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Can't imagine it is - But, as you mentioned yesterday, it wouldn't look good at all in the court of public opinion and I couldn't see Sport Ireland reinstating the funding under those circumstances. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 9:47am

I wouldn't have thought so. 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 9:54am
  • Puts the calls for “forensic audit” of FAI accounts into perspective. They said on Wednesday that all UEFA club prize money goes into an account separate from its everyday workings. You don’t need forensics to look at the timing of transactions in and out of that one account.

Jack Charlton
    Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 10:01am
    Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I wouldn't have thought so. 

Wouldn't have thought so myself but heard someone use it as an explanation for his legal advice on weds. 
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>
      Share Topic