You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAI Cup Final Shelbourne vs Sligo Rovers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 4:08am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Sorry to hear that pal. Little fookers attach themselves to every club unfortunately

There were a couple of reports of little scrotes on the DART running through carriages looking for Sligo fans. Most lads on the Shels forum said they never saw them at a Shels game in their lives and with our attendances you get to know most of the lads that go regularly to games. These little fookers prob just turned up looking for a scuffle on Cup Final day and made the real Shels fans look like knackers

Makes my blood boil

I was on the DART when the Shels 'fans' found the Sligo lads(I was right f**king beside them!), huge mill up on the train about 15 involved from both sides. Neither set was wearing jerseys. There was a few grown men(probably in their 40's) involved in it aswell, embarrassing really.

Spoke to a fella who had seen what had happened before, the sligo scrotes had hopped on one of the dub lads, and the garda took the sligo lads off the train in Grand Canal, but then let them get back on 2 minutes later. The dublin lads, looking for retribution just ran down to pearse split up and eventually found the lads on the train at Tara St.

It was absolute chaos on the train. I brought my dad along to the final to show him it was good football, he was impressed - but after that display on the Dart Im not too sure he'll be bothered going again. All the lads were about 15. 
Zaaaaaaaaaaap
Sponsored Links

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 5:41am
Yeah heard the Sligo 'fans' involved were no angels alright and supposedly started some of the scraps

Embarrassing and completely unnecessary

Fookin thicks
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
The Joker View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 6:26am
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Have no problem with anyone wearing their own clubs shirt to an FAI final tbh. Id more than likely wear a shels shirt to a cup final if we weren't playing. Wore a shels scarf to a pats European game before and got no hassle

Different kettle of fish altogether Gaz. Because we have a small league, everybody pulls together when our clubs play in Europe and its very common to see jerseys and scarves of other clubs at games.

Wearing a Rovers jersey to a Cup final between 2 rival clubs is just silly and clearly looking for a reaction. Did he think he was going to get away scot free? Its like some fella wearing an England jersey to Lansdowne next Tuesday

As I said BM if I went to a Cup Final I'd more than likely wear a Shels jersey. If I saw someone in a Rovers shirt I'd think fair play to them for coming along to the game as oppose to thinking that they were looking to antagonise opposition fans

We'll agree to disagree I suppose

Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't bother me, but I just don't see the reason in wearing the shirt of your rivals and then sitting near them. Why else do you think Irish fans have been advised not to wear colours in Tallinn should they acquire home end tickets? I just think it was very naiive to think that nothing would have been said. Its totally different if you wore a Longford, Athlone, Wexford jersey. just a Rovers shirt beside Shels fans is asking for a reaction IMO

As I said in my previous post, Im sorry the kids were subject to it and hope it doesn't put them off from returning in the future  Thumbs Up

I'm all up for having banter and it wasn't what was said was the problem. I go bring my kids to their first LOI game and they get beer cans thrown at them. A 7 year old and a 6 year old don't quite understand how the colour of your jersey warrants them to be subjected to physical violence when they're in floods of tears at a football match! Who said we were beside the Shels fans and who said anything about the North stand - this happened walking up to the Aviva at 2 o'clock in the afternoon along a busy stretch of the canal. Its a great occasion and opportunity to attract neutrals to support the league but its no wonder it has a bad name with idiots with this attitude! Sure i bet half commenting on this thread haven't even been to a LOI game! Damned if you do and damned if you dont.

p.s. my brother in law is heavily involved security and is of the belief that the clubs know this happens but do f**k all to prevent it from happening. My club (SRFC) are one of the biggest culprits here so no rose tinted glasses thanks.

Such a shame really

Joker
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 6:43am

Have no problem with anyone wearing their own clubs shirt to an FAI final tbh. Id more than likely wear a shels shirt to a cup final if we weren't playing. Wore a shels scarf to a pats European game before and got no hassle

Different kettle of fish altogether Gaz. Because we have a small league, everybody pulls together when our clubs play in Europe and its very common to see jerseys and scarves of other clubs at games.

Wearing a Rovers jersey to a Cup final between 2 rival clubs is just silly and clearly looking for a reaction. Did he think he was going to get away scot free? Its like some fella wearing an England jersey to Lansdowne next Tuesday

As I said BM if I went to a Cup Final I'd more than likely wear a Shels jersey. If I saw someone in a Rovers shirt I'd think fair play to them for coming along to the game as oppose to thinking that they were looking to antagonise opposition fans

We'll agree to disagree I suppose

I was there in my Mons colours, had pre match scoops in boozer on Pearse Street full of Shels. Ni issues at all.
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 7:06am

Yeah heard the Sligo 'fans' involved were no angels alright and supposedly started some of the scraps

Embarrassing and completely unnecessary

Fookin thicks

The Showground Service Crew are notorious and have been running amok all season
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 7:45am

That doesn't make sense. Its ok for fans to all go to each others Euro games, but kids in other teams shirts are fair game at the cup final? Are you for real?

Were you even at the game? The Cup final is for all the football community, and is genuinely starting to actually be like that. I met fans I know from Rovers, Cawk, Bohs and Pats, and saw Athlone, Fingal (!), Derry and Harps gear. I'm sure the rest of the clubs were represented too. As was a lot of junior football and even Gah. Its not as if we took tickets of Shels and Sligs fans.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 7:49am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Haters gona hate.

People dont like winners.

As the Champions I concur. But there is something else going on here. You seem to be very bad winners.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 7:52am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Haters gona hate.

People dont like winners.

As the Champions I concur. But there is something else going on here. You seem to be very bad winners.

And how would that be exactly.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 8:23am

A lack of humility. Having the human decency to acknowledge the ref won you the game.

It can happen when small regional clubs have a couple of years success.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 10:04am

A lack of humility. Having the human decency to acknowledge the ref won you the game.

It can happen when small regional clubs have a couple of years success.

LOLLOLLOL Come on man. Have a day off will you, for God sake.

So the referee won us the game. He saved the penalties too did he. Your basically saving that the referee was cheating and favoured us over Shels?

Every Rovers fan left that stadium knowing that Shels were hard done by for the 2nd yellow. We all said it. I genuinely feel for the Shels fans, its hard to take it really is. We know all about bad ref decisions in Cup Finals too so I can and do empatise.

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 11:16am
It's a shame that the childish Danny Dyer wannabes from whatever club they are have emerged as the talking point of this thread, it really is and some of the childish comebacks as well are pathetic. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 11:21am

That doesn't make sense. Its ok for fans to all go to each others Euro games, but kids in other teams shirts are fair game at the cup final? Are you for real?

Were you even at the game? The Cup final is for all the football community, and is genuinely starting to actually be like that. I met fans I know from Rovers, Cawk, Bohs and Pats, and saw Athlone, Fingal (!), Derry and Harps gear. I'm sure the rest of the clubs were represented too. As was a lot of junior football and even Gah. Its not as if we took tickets of Shels and Sligs fans.

Yea I was at the game. I know the Cup Final is for the Irish public, what im saying is we all know what scrotes are involved in every LOI club so why draw uneccessary attention by wearing the jersey of rivals to a game? Thats all.

Thats just my opinion already,
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 12:00pm

Yea I was at the game. I know the Cup Final is for the Irish public, what im saying is we all know what scrotes are involved in every LOI club so why draw uneccessary attention by wearing the jersey of rivals to a game? Thats all.

Thats just my opinion already,

Then why draw attention at European games...?

Kids are out. People in colours are out. Kids in colours are very much out. Blaming fans for getting milled is a pathetic excuse.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 12:02pm

LOLLOLLOL Come on man. Have a day off will you, for God sake.

So the referee won us the game. He saved the penalties too did he. Your basically saving that the referee was cheating and favoured us over Shels?

Every Rovers fan left that stadium knowing that Shels were hard done by for the 2nd yellow. We all said it. I genuinely feel for the Shels fans, its hard to take it really is. We know all about bad ref decisions in Cup Finals too so I can and do empatise.

He ignored the Sligs keeper coming off his line after his assistant brought it to his attention...

Winters had a complete nightmare, yet allt he calls went your way. Appreciating that and being a little bit embarrassed would be the reaction of fans of most other clubs.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 2:28pm
It seems like shamrock fans are still bitter about last years final
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Who the f**k is talking to you bedwetter?
1899 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1899 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 3:36pm

Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Who the f**k is talking to you bedwetter?

He thinks he is relevent now because Shels are back with the big boysLOL

The hard man act on here will soon disappear when a few of their wannabee casuals take a slap on the Luas later this year-Then it'll be back to berating the big bad Rovers fans!
TangyZizzle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangyZizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 3:45pm
Lads can you all just ignore this landon donovan poster? I'd rather my trips out to Tallaght/phibsboro be incident free next season as opposed to the opposite because some gobsh*te is brave when sitting in his bedroom using his older brother's laptop and gives Shelbourne and it's fans a bad name.

Joker I genuinely feel bad for you and your kids and would never stand up for scrotes like the ones that berated you. But I'll say again that wearing colours is always going to come with risk no matter where in the world you are.
God save Ireland! said the heroes, God save Ireland said they all.Whether on the scaffold high or the battlefield we die,Oh what matter when for Erin dear we fall!

Dalyer - so good they sold it twice
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic