You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAI Cup Final 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Rolling boh Rolling boh wrote:

don't  think bohs should feel they should be finishing  above  sligo or Derry necessarily   league  form was poor overall and the euro wins masked that a bit and of course if we had won today it would have been a good year .Bohs budget  while a bit bigger than a couple of seasons ago is still not enough to really compete  at the top  we would need a he'll of a lot of luck to be in the first 3 or 4 .With players moving around so easily it is very difficult to build a squad without a sizeable budget .
From the outside, when I see how Bohs performances against Rovers, I find some of their other results baffling to be honest.Does make me question their motivation in some games. Beating Waterford in cup semi and then losing to them a few days later in the league...the league defeat cost them europe and the cup win ultimately meant nowt...

Lack of experience in the squad.  Conceded a ridiculous amount of goals after 85 minutes this season. Threw Europe away when you think of some of the results. Drew twice with Longford at home, being 2-0 up in one of the games. Last minute equaliser conceded away to Drogheda too. As talented a group as they are, some older heads are needed, someone the like of Greg Bolger, especially now with Bucko seemingly on the way. The "part-time" model wouldn't be an enticing one for older players though.

As for the game itself, Pats the better side for most of the 90, they seemed to be a step ahead tactically. We got into some great positions throughout the game but lacked quality with the final shot or taking too many touches instead of trying to shot. 

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 11:16am
Couldn't get over Bohs yesterday and their reluctance to take a chance. The amount of times they had someone in on goal yesterday and chose to pass was shocking.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 11:19pm
Small thing but it annoys me when one team has names on the back of the shirt and the other dosent. How hard is it to put the names on the shirts? Pretty simple. Looks shoddy and unprofessional IMO. It should be mandatory like when you play in Europe.
I love beer gardens
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:47am
Another poor Cup Final during normal time if we are honest.  As a Dundalk fan, I happily admit that most of ours were poor spectacles. IS the sense of occasion too much for the teams, given they regularly play in front of much smaller crowds?  Given the great crowds in recent years and the good TV audience it is a shame the games have been disappointing.  I know not every one can be a 4-2 like last year, but you'd hope they can improve in terms of quality going forward.  
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 9:54am
Yes it was a disappointing final. Only got going in extra time. Quite a lot of misplaced passes going out over the touchline or poor control from a player when you think it was a straight forward pass to receive.

Great to see such a big crowd but the leage in general still needs to keep improving
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic