You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAI Cup 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 10:49am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

What sort of crowd is expected for the final today?

I think it will be poor unfortunately.

- there's been a shameful lack of marketing for it
- it's the same two teams AGAIN
- It's barstooler heaven today with all the big English teams playing.

I reckon the attendance will be circa 20k

Once again attendance at the Continental Tyres Final will be cultural appropiated by SSE Airtricity League Fan groups as attending the IDM FAI Cup Final. #typical
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Sponsored Links

UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 3:04pm
Cork City WFC won a great game with a sweeping move forward, Clare Shine scoring middle of first half.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

What sort of crowd is expected for the final today?

I think it will be poor unfortunately.

- there's been a shameful lack of marketing for it
- it's the same two teams AGAIN
- It's barstooler heaven today with all the big English teams playing.

I reckon the attendance will be circa 20k

Once again attendance at the Continental Tyres Final will be cultural appropiated by SSE Airtricity League Fan groups as attending the IDM FAI Cup Final. #typical

What's the harm in those getting in early cheering for one of the teams in the women's cup final.
AKA pedantic kunt
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 4:36pm
Really poor quality in the 1st half. Awful really.
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 5:05pm
Same 0-0 borefest every year
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 5:17pm
yeah its pretty dull but its no worse than anything on sky sports today. the difference is a one has a multi million marketing campaign and martin tyler trying to convince the viewer he isn't watching utter guff. they have big sam, we have john caufieldLOL   

Edited by Fozzy B - 05 Nov 2017 at 5:20pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 6:04pm
2 foreigners scoring haha
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 6:13pm
What's so funny about that trap
AKA pedantic kunt
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 6:35pm
There's an awful bang of the John Terrys about John Dunleavy. I know he's club captain but he's barely played for the season and he's in the middle of all the celebrations.
At least the rest of the players who were not involved and in their suits did the decent thing and let the players who actually did something have their moment.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 6:47pm
Its very hard to like cork city for some reason. Not sure what it is.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 6:48pm
Not a bad game at all . Great to see the two Cork lads showing their appreciation after the result to the fans
St.Pauli Reloaded 2 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St.Pauli Reloaded 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 8:15pm
24,000 at The Blue Riband of Irish Football ! Take a bow Handshake
In Martin and Roy we Trust !
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 8:47pm
Good day out, much better first half than the previous 2 finals, second half City were on the ropes.

Great to have finished the double. One of my most disappointing games ever was losing out on the double in 2005. 

Delighted for Campion. Seems a nice lad but has had a rought season for us (read: he's been rubbish) so delighted he popped up with the important goal.

Solid penalties all round too. 

Lovely symmetry to the whole thing....
2015 - 0-0 in normal time, Dundalk win in extra time.
2016 - 0-0 in normal time, City win in extra time.
2017 - 0-0 in normal time, 1-1 in extra time, City win on penalties.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 9:04pm
I thought it was decent game. I enjoyed it. Dundalk had the better chances during the game and agruable looked the better team. FAir play to Cork though t ocome through in the end. There's been nothing between these two teams over the past few years. Penalty shoot out was as good as any of the top teams. Cooly taken penalties. All in all an enjoyable game.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 9:46pm
I had a choice between Denmark and today, right now I can't help but feel I have made the wrong choice. A huge and unbelievable achievement by Caulfield, one he will get no credit for, apart from Cork City fans.
Superb, Johnny. Superb.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I had a choice between Denmark and today, right now I can't help but feel I have made the wrong choice. A huge and unbelievable achievement by Caulfield, one he will get no credit for, apart from Cork City fans.
Superb, Johnny. Superb.

Did you listen to the post match analysis? The panel were debating about Cork having this mentality that everyone is against them and they are in their own little bubble
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I thought it was decent game. I enjoyed it. Dundalk had the better chances during the game and agruable looked the better team. FAir play to Cork though t ocome through in the end. There's been nothing between these two teams over the past few years. Penalty shoot out was as good as any of the top teams. Cooly taken penalties. All in all an enjoyable game.

penos were great
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 10:23pm
First time not being at the final in a few years, probably the most enjoyable to watch out of the last 3. Either side could have won it in normal or extra time.

I thought Shane Griffin was excellent for Cork. Penalties were top class also.

Will Mark McNulty retire now or keep playing?

Well done Cork on a successful season.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic