You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAI Council

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 6:50pm
Also had the bizarre situation that, as Gerry McEnaney had stepped down from Council after 20 years as the Defence Forces member last year before going back on as a replacement council member for Football for All after the second rep they were awarded in the GRG process stepped down on 31st December, the new President was entitled to stand but wasn't entitled to vote in today's election. Rule book is a mess.     

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 25 Jan 2020 at 11:55pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 9:35pm
That’s exactly it.

The constitution (rulebook) of the FAI is the problem. It need to be shredded and rewritten to enable reform to happen. 
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 11:26am
Gerry McAnaney is a likeable man who I'm pretty sure will have the game as priority and not about himself. A big Cork City fan and ex goalkeeper for I think UCC.
Not so sure about being an Anti Delaney head. Maybe in private but not so much in public. He's a fresh face and it's needed as Conways move on well well overdue
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Gerry McAnaney is a likeable man who I'm pretty sure will have the game as priority and not about himself. A big Cork City fan and ex goalkeeper for I think UCC.
Not so sure about being an Anti Delaney head. Maybe in private but not so much in public. He's a fresh face and it's needed as Conways move on well well overdue
This is the general consensus from people that know him, the fact that he had about double the votes says as much too.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

The Defence Forces affiliate that he represented for 20 years and the Football for All one that he stood for election under both fall into the 'Others' grouping that our seats, and the PFAI ones, have been banded into so we've had dealinsg with him since the AGM. He is a likeable character and I'd hope that his election will help that group, which was very much sidelined in the past, find its voice.

Very difficultt for anyone who served on council the last 15 years to credibly put themselves forward as an Anti Delaney head as those that did were basically removed.         
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 7:50pm
If they bring in the rule where you can only serve 10 years on Senior Council 80% will be gone. As for Junior and Schoolboy Councils they will be surely gone.
alive and kicking
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 8:39pm
The board have to force through the changes as their part of the conditions securing the funding they need. We will see now if the blazers care about themselves or the game more.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic