You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAI Council

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harps1954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 11:44am
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Originally posted by harps1954 harps1954 wrote:

I think there's about 60 members on the FAI Council.  The Board of Management make up 10 of those.  Every League of Ireland club has a rep, so that's another 19 members.  That takes it up to 29.  Then you have a rep from every junior and intermediate league in the country.  Not sure how many that makes up.  The Connacht FA, Ulster FA, Lenster FA and Munster FA have two reps each.  That's another 8.  Schoolboys and SFAI also have a rep or two.  All of these are listed at back of every home international match programme - who the reps are and who they represent.
One third of the council are LOI, this need to be looked into these men need to be contacted. They could have a very strong voting block to represent the league.

That's the big problem though.  The LOI clubs only have 1/3 of the vote.  The rest is made up of reps from Junior / Intermediate football.  Why would the other 2/3 vote for anything in favour of the LOI when it would be cutting into funding, etc. for their own leagues/clubs. 
Sponsored Links

harps1954 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harps1954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 11:46am
Found this online.

RULE 14. COMPOSITION OF THE FAI NATIONAL COUNCIL

1. The Council of the Association shall consist of: -

a) The President of The Association

b) The Vice President of The Association

c) The Honorary Treasurer of The Association

d) The Honorary Secretary of The Association

e) The Chairperson of the FAI National League Executive Committee.

f) 1 representative to be appointed by each participant club in the Premier and First Division of the FAI National League provided they are holders of a current FAI National League Club licence, are in compliance with the terms of their Participation Agreement and the total number of representatives does not exceed twenty-one (21) for the Summer Season 2012.

From the end of the Summer Season 2013 the total number of representatives shall not exceed eighteen (18) notwithstanding the fact that the number of licensed Clubs may exceed eighteen (18). It shall be a matter for the National League Executive Committee to establish the manner in which these representatives shall be determined by the Clubs.

g) 10 representatives to be appointed by the Leinster Football Association,

h) 5 representatives to be appointed by the Munster Football Association,

i) 2 representatives to be appointed by the Connaught Football Association and

j) 2 representatives to be appointed by the Ulster Football Association.

k) 2 representatives to be appointed by the FAI Junior Council.

l) 1 representative to be appointed by the Defence Forces.

m) 1 representative to be appointed by The Colleges Football Association.

n) 4 representatives to be appointed by The Schoolboys FAI.

o) 1 representative to be appointed by Irish Universities Football Union.

p) 2 representatives to be appointed by the Football Association of Irish Schools.

q) 2 representatives to be appointed by The Women’s Football Association of Ireland.

r) The FAI Chief Referees Observer

s) 1 representative from the Irish Soccer Referees Society.

t) 1 representative from the “Football For All” Body.

u) Any member of the Board not otherwise so entitled shall be entitled to attend Council Meetings on a non-voting basis.

v) In the case of death or resignation of a member of Council, the nominating body concerned shall have the right to appoint a person to act in his place.

w) In the event of a representative being unable to attend a Council Meeting, his nominating body may appoint a substitute to attend that particular Council meeting in his place, providing they notify the Chief Executive of The Association in writing, prior to the meeting.

x) In relation to clause (f) to (t) inclusive, the representatives or substitutes appointed must be members of the body that appoints them. The appointment of representatives must be notified to the Chief Executive of The Association within one week after The Association’s AGM.

y) No person shall be eligible to be a representative or substitute on the FAI National Council, if they are an FAI employee or retained contractor or a person who receives a substantial part of their income from any FAI activity, unless otherwise approved by the Board.

2. No person shall be eligible to be first appointed an Honorary Officer or a member of Council if at the time of appointment that person has attained the age of 75 years. A member of Council shall vacate office at the AGM after attaining the age of 75 years. An Honorary Officer having attained the age of 75 years shall be entitled to remain in office until the end of the term for which they were elected.

Edited by harps1954 - 27 Nov 2014 at 11:51am
BrenC View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 12:09pm
Never heard of football for all. Are they a separate body? No info on google.
Team Emmet
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by MariborKev MariborKev wrote:

Yeah, the BoM is freely available, the Council Members are harder to tie down.

AFAIK every affiliated league Chairman has a seat on the Council.

They have so many conflicting interests involved classic divide and conquer, can always rely on league chairmen to bicker amoungst themselves and only look after their own needs instead of presenting a united front. It really is a miracle we produce any footballers when you see the structures we have in place.

I know.
We need something like a Genesis Report.
Oh wait......
MariborKev View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariborKev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 12:27pm
Cheers lads,  I was aware of the composition, it is the names behind those positions that we are trying to identify.
Junior View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 1:36pm
If you send me your email MaroborKev I'll email you a scanned copy of the FAI Council page from a programme. I have it here but I cant upload it because it is 2.5mb and the max allowed is 1mb
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 11:21pm
You can change the size of an image here if ya want....
http://www.picresize.com

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 2:20pm
Folks, does anybody know where I can find a list of fai junior council members, nothing on FAI website.

A bit of an update on my ban with the Clare League, I have appealed the ban with the MFA, the chairman of the MFA is part of the Clare District League executive committee who issued my ban, it will be held under the Joe Delaney stand at Turners Cross and the Honorary President of the MFA is Joe Delaney, so I don't think I have much hope of getting it overturned with them, you couldn't write this stuff. 
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Folks, does anybody know where I can find a list of fai junior council members, nothing on FAI website.

A bit of an update on my ban with the Clare League, I have appealed the ban with the MFA, the chairman of the MFA is part of the Clare District League executive committee who issued my ban, it will be held under the Joe Delaney stand at Turners Cross and the Honorary President of the MFA is Joe Delaney, so I don't think I have much hope of getting it overturned with them, you couldn't write this stuff. 

And the Secretary/Administrator of the MFA is Ger Delaney.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 2:52pm
Saw that, is he an uncle or something? thought it was just a coincidence but that was naive of me.
Mr_Parker View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 5:18pm

I have read a little about your case. Is it correct that when the sanction was issued against you, you had no connection to any club or body within the Clare District League?

If this is correct, then by what authority, rules or procedure can they issue a sanction against you, and by what authority can the MFU hear an appeal? 

Reading the CDL website, their rules etc are very vague and poorly written and full of holes. They do not indicate who or how disciplinary cases are dealt with or notified.

I presume they offered you the chance to defend yourself, before a sanction was issued, though they don't appear to have a formal Disciplinary Code (at least it doesn't seem to have been published) as is required by FIFA. If can't find the MFA Disciplinary Code either.

Make sure you request and get all documentation relating to your case via the MFA that the CDL are relying on.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 6:04pm
you couldn’t make it up. The phone masts on stands in most loi grounds erected by a company run by Delaney’s brother probably in Junior grounds as well.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

you couldn’t make it up. The phone masts on stands in most loi grounds erected by a company run by Delaney’s brother probably in Junior grounds as well.
Just a lucky coincidence gufct LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 6:44pm

Saw that, is he an uncle or something? thought it was just a coincidence but that was naive of me.

Just a coincidence but if you want to say a few prayers before the meeting, my local parish priest can sort you out, he's JDs uncle of the same name.

Gufct..yes that's JDs brother Paul who was in Shared Access who were getting clubs, both junior and Loi to sign up to phonemasts on Floodlights.

Edited by ontheball - 10 Dec 2019 at 6:46pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 6:48pm

An Uncle Tom maybe
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:01pm

When is your hearing?
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:52pm
haven’t heard back yet Kev! 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 8:19pm

haven’t heard back yet Kev! 

Thought it was tonight?
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic