You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAI Awards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FAI Awards
    Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 1:11pm
http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/nominees-for-three-fai-international-football-awards

Of the three nominated goals, Wes assisted 2 of them with brilliant passes and scored one, and yet he doesn't make the list of nominees for player of the year

Baffles me, thought I accept awards ceremonies are a big load of muckology
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 1:13pm
Coleman POTY
Brady YPOTY

Close call between McClean and Brady for Goal of the Year IMO
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Coleman POTY
Brady YPOTY

Close call between McClean and Brady for Goal of the Year IMO

Wouldnt disagree with either of them, however Wes should have made the shortlist for POTY in terms of contribution to goals in crucial matches. 
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 1:28pm
coleman for me. carried his form right through to this campaign. brady has been poor enough in this campaign 

Edited by Citizen - 16 Mar 2017 at 2:08pm
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 1:31pm
Definitely Coleman.
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 1:32pm
Coleman POTY, Brady YPOTY, Brady GOTY, Cullen u21, Ronan u19
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 1:42pm
McClean's goal is the pick of the bunch for me.. the cleanest counter attack I've ever seen from Ireland I think.. a real footballing goal.. 
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

McClean's goal is the pick of the bunch for me.. the cleanest counter attack I've ever seen from Ireland I think.. a real footballing goal.. 
Agree it was definitely the nicest goal, but I just thought that Brady's goal will win because it put us through to the knockout rounds

Edited by LHurlz - 16 Mar 2017 at 1:51pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 2:46pm
For those thinking Brady's should win (not those thinking it will but that it maybe shouldn't): Switch the goals and there is no doubt that McClean's wins goal of the year.

McClean's was the better goal. Good play out of defense, excellent awareness by Wes, a super pass and an excellent finish.

Brady's was a good ball into the box and a deft header past a foolishly onrushing keeper, but it wasn't goal of the year. Wes's v Sweden was technically superior to it.

McClean's has to be goal of the year.
Fireball07 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fireball07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 3:20pm
I'd give Brady POTY & YPOTY. 

And while his goal wasn't the best in terms of pure quality, both McClean's & Hoolahan's were better, it had everything else- importance, timing, etc.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 4:21pm
Coleman POTY, Brady YPOTY, McClean GOTY
I know nothing :-)
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 4:26pm
Coleman POTY 
Hendrick YPOTY. Had an absolutely massive impact at the Euros, even if it cant be quantified in goals like Brady's, and was our player of the tournament. Both him and Brady had post-Euros dips in form but Hendrick edges it for me
Brady v Italy goal of the year. Wes v Sweden and McClean v Austria were technically better goals but that one gets it simply because of how absolutely massive it was.

Wes is not on the 3 man shortlist because Coleman, Brady and Hendrick deserve to be ahead of him. If you were making room for one more player it'd be McClean.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 16 Mar 2017 at 4:30pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 1:30am
Coleman POTY, Brady YPOTY, Wes GOTY

Coleman absolutely POTY in my opinion. Brady or possibly Hendrick for YPOTY but Brady edges it. Wes goal vs Sweden I thought was the best of the three.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 1:38am
I thought YPOTY was U23?
Both Henderick and Brady are 25 since Januray!
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 8:07am
Brady POTY, Brady YPOTY, Brady GOTY
Was thinking about slipping Wardy in there but that's just me , now as for Jeff did he play for Ireland last year Wink

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 10:29am
Oh great i cant wait for tony's cringey interviews on stage. Load of sh1te. No point to these. Who the random hall of famer this year? Tony polster maybe.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 3:50am
Coleman for POTY
McClean for goal of the year
3 25 year olds for YPOTY

Edited by 9fingers - 18 Mar 2017 at 3:53am
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 5:03am
POTY Coleman. 

Going to go against the majority & vote for the best technical goal of the year, which was Wes V Sweden.

Brady YPOTY, mainly because he will lose out on the other 2 awards (not saying he will lose out on either, he could well get all 3, only me own opinion here)

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic