Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAI AGM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 8:58am
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

2 pages only? Unreal!

Apathy, I gave up on these clowns a long time ago
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 10:05am
The FAI is not a democratic organisation and hasnt been for years. No motions or questions from the floor in 3 years and the only man that had the balls to was hauled before a disciplinary board.

It wouldn't be tolerated in any other organisation even the GAA.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 10:09am
who are the delegates that make up the AGM?Who is represented?
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Yellow Belly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellow Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 10:21am
Their kick backs from the seven dwarfs :  Hear no evil  See no evil  Spill no evil.
get me out of hear
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 10:45am
Senior and Junior Council all silenced and in Awe of the Man from Del Monte.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 10:52am
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

All the leagues, the LoI clubs, womens sport, the defence forces for some reason.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 10:56am
An article from Dion Fanning about the AGM in 2003.

DION FANNING:
BEFORE the FAI's AGM began in Galway yesterday, the association's spin-doctor took a moment to point out the emergency exits. If the modernisers within the organisation had feared a stampede or a catastrophe, they needn't have worried.

All 93 delegates voted to accept the proposals based on the Genesis report and the FAI can now look forward to a modern structure which could revolutionise football in Ireland. "When the Genesis report was produced in November, people said this couldn't happen," a delighted John Delaney, the FAI Treasurer said last night. "We've delivered on our promise to the Irish people." The board of management will now be reduced from 22 to 10, in time for the next board meeting scheduled for early September. Beyond that, the men who have steered this through, John Delaney, Fran Rooney and Milo Corcoran believe that it will lead to a changed image for the FAI in this country. "Most of the Genesis report has already been implemented. Now it is important that we provide a quality service to all those committed to the game in this country," chief executive Rooney beamed afterwards. But the FAI insisted last night that the process of change must continue. "We learned something from the consultation process," FAI president Milo Corcoran admitted. "We mustn't just sit in our offices in Dublin, it's important that we continue travelling the country, listening to the grassroots rather than expecting them to come to us."

Due to the roadshow, in which the Implementation Committee travelled the country in the weeks preceding the AGM, the grassroots were enthused about the change by the time the meeting began yesterday. There were a few moments of uncertainty when it was suggested by Noel Kennelly, the secretary of the Amateur League, that the amendments put forward could lead to some confusion and should be replaced by a straightforward adoption of the proposal document. Instead of the two-thirds majority, a motion from the floor, which was seconded by Corcoran, required unanimity, an upping of the stakes. But the modernisers had no need to worry. All 93 delegates raised their hands in approval. "The proposal as accepted by the AGM has fast-tracked the process even further. The details of reform are all in the document which has the unanimous approval of the delegates. Now we just have to change the rules at the EGM," Rooney said afterwards. Rooney's vision, which he laid out after his appointment in April, can now be implemented. "It's a huge day for Irish football," he said. The chief executive now has unprecedented powers within the association, once his appointment on the board of management with voting powers, is rubber-stamped at an EGM expected in late August. Rooney will not be just an implementer of policy, he is now the main power in formulating the strategy of the association and will also have voting powers on two of the six new committees. The board will consist of the heads of the new committees, as well as Rooney, the honorary secretary, treasurer and president and Rooney himself. The committees, the FAI claim, will be truly democratic. There may be democracy, but the power now lies, for the next two years, with Rooney and Delaney.

The new CEO has a vision for the future of Irish football and he will now begin to implement it, while Delaney, who was the driving force behind the Genesis report, will now take a less prominent role, but he will continue to be a strident agitator for change within the FAI, where he holds a great deal of power and an important alliance with Rooney. "Going forward, we will continuously review ourselves. That process will not stop and will continue right up until we review the board of management in two years' time," Delaney said later, not content to be satisfied with his accomplishments. There may be democracy, but the power now lies, for the next two years, with Rooney and Delaney.

Edited by irelandshirts - 29 Jul 2014 at 10:57am

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 11:01am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

All the leagues, the LoI clubs, womens sport, the defence forces for some reason.

Just out of curiosity RTID who did Rovers send to the AGM?Does he/she then report back to Rovers or if Rovers had wanted something raised could they do so at the AGM?

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 11:04am
Lot More than that the Universities, Schoolboys etc. etc.. Nobody will ask qustions Paul Cook did and got shafted.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 11:07am
What question did paul cook ask?what happened to him?

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 11:54am

Just out of curiosity RTID who did Rovers send to the AGM?Does he/she then report back to Rovers or if Rovers had wanted something raised could they do so at the AGM?
Mark Lynch, our media and marketing guy, is our FAI delegate and was there.

Usually there will be a small piece of the quarterly members newsletter if there is anything burning.

Of course they could have raised anything they wanted, and I am of the understanding I can raise anything at our AGM and if voted through, he would have to follow it up with the FAI.

Lets be clear, no-one is suggesting there weren't items put forward for vote. There were no questions put to the panel in AOB.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 11:58am

What question did paul cook ask?what happened to him?
It was a question in relation to finances, spefically an allegation €5m was missing that was not.

It turned out Waterford had not paid their affiliation fee so he was not allowed into the following AGM as a result.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 12:20pm

Mark Lynch, our media and marketing guy, is our FAI delegate and was there.

Usually there will be a small piece of the quarterly members newsletter if there is anything burning.

Of course they could have raised anything they wanted, and I am of the understanding I can raise anything at our AGM and if voted through, he would have to follow it up with the FAI.

Lets be clear, no-one is suggesting there weren't items put forward for vote. There were no questions put to the panel in AOB.

So im sure the media could ask all the delegates why they didn't ask any questions?

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 12:25pm
Now what was that amount allegdly paid By FIFA as hush money €5m was it?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 12:39pm
And is the €5 million missing or has it been accounted for in this years accounts does anyone know?A serious matter if it hasn't.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 12:45pm
IIRC it was never missing....
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 12:46pm

So im sure the media could ask all the delegates why they didn't ask any questions?

I'm sure they could. But I'm not sure what it would achieve. I assume all actual business was long done and dusted before the Presidents speech.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 12:55pm

I'm sure they could. But I'm not sure what it would achieve. I assume all actual business was long done and dusted before the Presidents speech.

The impression given is that the delegates are silenced so I just thought the journos would ask each one why they didn't ask any questions as it seems to be a big ticket item.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 22>
  Share Topic