Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FAI AGM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2014 at 10:35am
Did Dick Redmond ask why it was in Cork and not dublin ?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

hoobedoo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoobedoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2014 at 5:18pm
The agm was in athlone while the conferance was in mullingar.
. The festival of football took place for the week in co. Westmeath. Talk of Sligo for next year. The conferance was good, Martin very engaging and a very nice man.

Edited by hoobedoo - 27 Jul 2014 at 5:19pm
The seeds of doubt that were sown at the weekend against Egypt have been doused by a dose of Jack Charlton's almighty weedkiller.<br />
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2014 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

NO Press conference after it.

Well the members can ask questions and usually there are no questions from them. No need to feed the media circus if their members dont put up a fight.

I saw an Indo hack tweet the other day that he couldnt find a pub in the city that was showing the Pats 1st leg. Yet there was no mention of it on the back page the next day, nor the following week before the 2nd leg.. They would only use it to their agenda as normal and that is of no benefit to anyone

No pub to watch match wouldn't make a great story to be fair

As in mention of "it" being the match! Ironic he was complaining about the fact it wasnt being shown, yet his paper give it 0 coverage on the back page
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2014 at 12:56am
At this stage there's a serious need to question over why public money should continue to be given to the FAI. There's an onus on all recipients of taxpayers money to run their organisations with suitable corporate governance structures - nobody in the FAI is allowed to even question what's going on there.

If I was the Minister for Sport Id be calling in Delaney to explain the running of the AGM
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2014 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

At this stage there's a serious need to question over why public money should continue to be given to the FAI. There's an onus on all recipients of taxpayers money to run their organisations with suitable corporate governance structures - nobody in the FAI is allowed to even question what's going on there.

If I was the Minister for Sport Id be calling in Delaney to explain the running of the AGM

What didn't happen at the agm?
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2014 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

[QUOTE=Joe Stalin] At this stage there's a serious need to question over why public money should continue to be given to the FAI. There's an onus on all recipients of taxpayers money to run their organisations with suitable corporate governance structures - nobody in the FAI is allowed to even question what's going on there.

What didn't happen at the agm that should have?

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2014 at 4:58pm

[QUOTE=Joe Stalin] At this stage there's a serious need to question over why public money should continue to be given to the FAI. There's an onus on all recipients of taxpayers money to run their organisations with suitable corporate governance structures - nobody in the FAI is allowed to even question what's going on there.

What didn't happen at the agm that should have?

I see Emmet Malone amongst other journalists is unhappy at not getting any questions answered that they submitted.

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2014 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Was this in Mullingar? If it was YBIG were invited and every supporters club as well, so hardly a closed shop.

We'll send Kerryz and his bedsheet to the next one

Athlone so we were not invited

Edited by Bob Hoskins - 28 Jul 2014 at 5:29pm
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2014 at 8:26pm
What you on about Hoskins ?
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2014 at 10:24pm

You can't leave this hanging... What are you alledging? And state funding is as good as nothing these days
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2014 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

You can't leave this hanging... What are you alledging? And state funding is as good as nothing these days

I'm not alleging any wrong-doing, just lack of transparency. The journo's were asked to submit their questions 7 days in advance and for the second year in a row there was no press conference afterwards. and it's not as if a dissenting opinion from the floor is tolerated. 

Can anybody else name a sporting organisation that's run like that?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2014 at 11:47pm

East German Athletics 1960-1989.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 12:21am

I'm not alleging any wrong-doing, just lack of transparency. The journo's were asked to submit their questions 7 days in advance and for the second year in a row there was no press conference afterwards. and it's not as if a dissenting opinion from the floor is tolerated. 

While I agree to a point, either allow press or don't, that doesn't strike me as enough to pull funding though. I don't think you can conflate corporate governance and not talking to the press at a private event

Edited by roverstillidie - 29 Jul 2014 at 12:22am
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 1:11am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

East German Athletics 1960-1989.

LOL

Don't know what the fuss was about tbh, those female athletes got a free penis out of it. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 1:50am

While I agree to a point, either allow press or don't, that doesn't strike me as enough to pull funding though. I don't think you can conflate corporate governance and not talking to the press at a private event

I didn't suggest pulling finding and I fully support such funding in fact, partiucuarly if it's for the grassroots game. My only point is that such funding carries with an obligation to have maximum transparency.

The FAI may well be generating the vast majority of its income from own sources in which case the transparency question is one for its own members at the AGM but they seem to be a docile enough bunch. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 7:55am
There is no such obligation.

There are organisations who take a great deal more funding in terms of percentages and real terms who don't even hold AGM's. Press at sports AGM's is unusual.

That said, don't take questions if you won't answer them
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 8:26am
The simple fact is that the press in this country arent worth a sh*te if they cant find at least one delegate that are willing to take a few quid to put a question(s) to the floor at the AGM
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 8:29am
2 pages only? Unreal!
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>
  Share Topic