You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fahey versus Meyler

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fahey versus Meyler
    Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 1:13pm
It seems Trap himself hasn't decided yet who is going to replace Whelan.

He says that Fahey is "technical" while Meyler is more of a physical imposing threat.

So who would you pick?

I'd lean on the physical side of things with Meyler as I think we need to break the German's up a bit and leave McCarthy to the playmaking.
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 1:15pm
Can't see him going with Meyler in such a game
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 1:16pm
I'd say one of our strikers should play in there, and the other striker to play centre half
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 1:17pm
If Meyler starts I would bet that he still manages to tweet during the game...
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irish boogie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish boogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 1:22pm
Amazing how Meylor all of a sudden looks like he could start against Germany and yet wasnt even called up to the original squad, even though Whelan is injured now surely if in with a chance to start  now he was worthy member of original squad as cover ?
Thank You Torun and Tyskie
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 1:23pm
Ive always liked Fahey, barring injuries cant understand him still bing in the championship.

Havent seen enough of myler at the top level to make a judgement
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 1:25pm
Neither have a lot of game time this season so could see both getting game time on Friday.  Would go for Meyler myself for his physicality and height (both defending and attacking set pieces), also from what i have seen of him the lad loves a tackle.
AaronFever View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

If Meyler starts I would bet that he still manages to tweet during the game...

"Just fouled @Ozil #LOL"
sledgehammer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledgehammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 1:32pm
Facey got the nod in training today! 3 man midfield with Andrews and McCarthy. He definitely has the ability to keep the ball more than Meyler but against that German midfield I can't see him getting to many opportunities to pass
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 1:40pm
So it looks like we are playing 433 sledgehammer?

I would love McGeady Long and Walters/Keane up front. Long needs to start.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 1:41pm
Fahey, every day of the week, we all bang on about the importance of keeping possession, Fats can and will do that.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 1:49pm
Think Trap will go with the player with the greater positional sense and less likely to give away frees in dangerous areas - so Fahey it is. 

Would not object in the slightest if Meyler were to play either, he is one for the future, and an athletic hard running midfielder of the type we currently don't have. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 2:11pm
Fahey for me, especially in a 5 man midfield. Limited but proven player.

Would need to see more of Meylor with his club before taking a chance in such a big game.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 2:19pm
Fahey is alot better technically i think, and is a neater passer. 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 2:37pm
Would go for Fahey myself. I don't know what he is like since he came back from injury but just for the experience alone.

So by the looks of things the team is

Westwood
Kelly-O'Shea-O'Dea-Ward
---McCarthy--Fahey--Andrews
McGeady----------------------Walters
-------------Keane

The one change I would really make is Long for Keane. Possibly Coleman for Walters and put McGeady on the left. But otherwise happy enough
AaronFever View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

So by the looks of things the team is

Westwood
Kelly-O'Shea-O'Dea-Ward
---McCarthy--Fahey--Andrews
McGeady----------------------Walters
-------------Keane

Yeah I'm happy enough with that. If I was to start Keane it would only be under the basis that I'm changing him after an hour, so hopefully Trap does the same.
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 2:58pm
How is Wilson not ahead of Ward.....crazy stuff
Johnner View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 3:00pm
Fahey for me. We are going to have to use the ball well when we have it and he is very tidy in possession and can ping the ball about better than anyone else in the squad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic