Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FA Cup 20/21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 10:48am
Klopp has always fielded a weakened team in the cups.

I wonder did Klopp want to exert revenge for the previous 2 hammerings Villa gave to Liverpool.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 11:23am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

If Klopp had fielded a weakened team, he'd have been criticised for doing so. They players didn't need a break seeing as they'll have over a week before the United game.

Put yourself in the Villa players situation, would you rather have the experience of playing against world class players like Mane & Salah, rather than Divock Origi. Given the likelihood that none of them have a career at the top level, I know what one I'd pick.

If the players don’t need a break this season then why are they pushing for 5 subs and a mid season break to be introduced for a normal season? 

And why would Liverpool give a f*** regarding the Aston Villa youth players experience. 

I doubt Klopp would get criticised for fielding a weakened team. It would have been seen as good management to take advantage of the situation. 

I’m sure Salah and Mane wanted to play but there was really no need to risk them. 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 11:24am

If Klopp had fielded a weakened team, he'd have been criticised for doing so. They players didn't need a break seeing as they'll have over a week before the United game.

Sure wasn’t he complaining of a fixture overload and then he goes and does that. A bit silly 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Put yourself in the Villa players situation, would you rather have the experience of playing against world class players like Mane & Salah, rather than Divock Origi. Given the likelihood that none of them have a career at the top level, I know what one I'd pick.

If the players don’t need a break this season then why are they pushing for 5 subs and a mid season break to be introduced for a normal season? 

And why would Liverpool give a f*** regarding the Aston Villa youth players experience. 

I doubt Klopp would get criticised for fielding a weakened team. It would have been seen as good management to take advantage of the situation. 

I’m sure Salah and Mane wanted to play but there was really no need to risk them. 

I just think he'd have been damned if he did, damned if he didn't.

And he wouldn't care about the Villa players, why should he. But I was saying that from their point of view.

The 5 subs gives the big team every advantage to use the vast quality available to them outside their starting XI. It shouldn't be a surprise that managers are looking to get every possible competitive advantage they can.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 11:34am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Sure wasn’t he complaining of a fixture overload and then he goes and does that. A bit silly 

He loves a moan. The same thing with him complaining about the amount of penos United have been awarded, despite Liverpool only being awarded 1 less than them this season.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 3:28pm
Leeds getting dumped out of the cup by Crawley.

Didn't see that one coming.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Leeds getting dumped out of the cup by Crawley.

Didn't see that one coming.

Seen a decent bit of it. Crawley were comfortable. Leeds 2nd team are not going to blow any team away. They were very poor.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 5:03pm
Marine have signed somebody from a rival club on a 14 day period as he is not cup tied.

He is on the bench (David Lynch) but that’s denying a current team member a place on the bench.
Seems poor form to me.

On the other hand they have sold almost 25k virtual tickets as fans all over didn’t want them to lose out on their big pay day.

Hopefully Bale comes on at some point. 

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 9:38pm
Brighton score in the 90th Min and then Newport equalise in the 95th min Shocked
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 10:13am

Jaysus, talk about ignoring the facts. Go look at Liverpool's fixture list for the past 3 months and you'll see it's two games most weeks. That's the point about the 5 subs rule. Liverpool have 9 days off after the Villa game as has been pointed out. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Jaysus, talk about ignoring the facts. Go look at Liverpool's fixture list for the past 3 months and you'll see it's two games most weeks. That's the point about the 5 subs rule. Liverpool have 9 days off after the Villa game as has been pointed out. 

Eh that’s my point exactly.
Every team in Europe has been playing nearly 3 games a week and it’s a shortened season. Liverpool will be playing a lot of 3 games a week going forward.

They had a perfect opportunity to give the first 11 and main subs a good rest after the Southampton loss. The players could have had more than a week off with no training to recover.

13 days v 9 days between matches...  which is better for the players to recharge the batteries? 
Jesus, talk about ignoring common sense.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 10:58am

Every team in Europe has been playing nearly 3 games a week and it’s a shortened season. Liverpool will be playing a lot of 3 games a week going forward.

They had a perfect opportunity to give the first 11 and main subs a good rest after the Southampton loss. The players could have had more than a week off with no training to recover.

13 days v 9 days between matches...  which is better for the players to recharge the batteries? 

A week off with no training??? I'm glad you're not in charge of the sports science department!!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 11:36am

A week off with no training??? I'm glad you're not in charge of the sports science department!!

Do you think the European teams with a mid-season winter break do normal training every day during their break??? 

They will do light exercises and probably have daily massages etc but they won’t be doing a normal training session before a match.
That’s the whole point of the ‘break’. 

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 11:51am

Do you think the European teams with a mid-season winter break do normal training every day during their break??? 

They will do light exercises and probably have daily massages etc but they won’t be doing a normal training session before a match.
That’s the whole point of the ‘break’. 

They have individual programs which they need to stick to when they don't have organised training but the European league breaks are different. Take the Bundesliga for example, they normally have around a 6 week winter break. Players do get time away from organised training but when they return they go through a mini pre-season again which is why many of those teams go to the likes of Spain and towards the end play organised friendlies. If you give Liverpool players are week off with no organised training then they won't be in optimal shape when they come back so cannot perform to their max. Most the would get is a day off and back to training. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 6:47am
Man U v Liverpool should be interesting.

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 8:13am
Have the TV games been allotted yet?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 9:22am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

I don't think so I'd imagine they will be announced by the end of this week.

Hope you are well?
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

I don't think so I'd imagine they will be announced by the end of this week.

Hope you are well?
Yes pal all good👍
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic