You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Explosion Creeslough

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Explosion Creeslough
    Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 8:30am
Absolutely devastating news. 7 confirmed dead and more to come. They are using sniffer dogs to try and find remains.

It was just after school pick up time. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 8:58am
This unfortunately is going to get a lot more tragic as the day goes on. Very unlikely to be anymore survivors. Absolutely horrendous, the worst non terrorist incident I can remember here for decades 

Edited by zizu Kilbane - 08 Oct 2022 at 9:18am
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 9:03am
Shocking scenes. RIP. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 9:03am
Absolutely horrific. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 11:17am
Awful.  Was it a gas explosion?  Looked that way from the pictures. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Nothing has been confirmed. It's speculated that it was a gas explosion in one of the apartments above. There is no mains gas in Donegal so would of had to have been a canister.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 11:36am
So sad RIP.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Nothing has been confirmed. It's speculated that it was a gas explosion in one of the apartments above. There is no mains gas in Donegal so would of had to have been a canister.

It obviously wasn;t the petrol pumps themseves as there was no flames and also the garage itself is intact although covered in rubble from the building.  Another thought that crossed my mind was was it a bomb?

I'd say it was a gas explosion though. 

I was in Killarney in 2013 and myself and my gf were staying in a B&B and I was awoken int he night by a bang and then immediately fell back to sleep.  I thought I was dreaming it tbh.  Then in the morning there were lots of roads closed nearby as it turns out a couple had been killed in a gas explosion at their house during the night.

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 12:39pm
9 confirmed dead now. Awful 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 1:57pm
What would cause one of those canisters to blow?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 2:55pm
Death toll up to 10 not including two teens and a young girl Cry
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Too high a temperature I woukd  guess though aren’t they usually stored outside ? 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Too high a temperature I woukd  guess though aren’t they usually stored outside ? 
It would take an extreme temperature for one of them to blow, certainly in a domestic setting. A more feasible explanation for one of them to blow, and Im saying generally and not in relation to this tragedy as nobody knows for sure, is a leak by way of faulty connection or for example the gas cooker being left on. Anyone that has a gas cooker, certainly an older one, knows how you can leave the gas on without lighting the ring. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 7:25pm

Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

It obviously wasn;t the petrol pumps themseves as there was no flames and also the garage itself is intact although covered in rubble from the building.  Another thought that crossed my mind was was it a bomb?

I'd say it was a gas explosion though. 

I was in Killarney in 2013 and myself and my gf were staying in a B&B and I was awoken int he night by a bang and then immediately fell back to sleep.  I thought I was dreaming it tbh.  Then in the morning there were lots of roads closed nearby as it turns out a couple had been killed in a gas explosion at their house during the night.

I assumed the explosion would have had something to do with the petrol station itself but probably just a concidence if the gas explosion came from one of the apartments. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2022 at 6:55pm
Question:  Why do you never hear anyone on the news talk about the potential cause of the explosion?  Its very odd.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2022 at 8:35pm
Because it’s too early to speculate I’d guess
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic