Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Everton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 71>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 11:49am
They're in real trouble,

I think Lampard for the wrong appointment, I'm actually think he's lucky this game was after the International break too, as if it had of been before he'd probably have been sacked.

Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 12:01pm
Lampard was an undoubted risk. The environment was high stakes and you might recall in 2017 when last Everton were having difficulties they brought in Allardyce to steady the ship. By the time they let Rafa go, survival was as good as it got for Everton, and probably they just needed a steady hand who would pick a controlled team, on a weekly basis to get the over the line. Lampard on the other hand has generally played in the upper reaches of the table as a manager, be it with Derby and Chelsea. At Chelsea, even with the embargo, he had a good squad to play around with. This is a different kettle of fish.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 1:00pm
PP have Everton at EVS to go down. Have they broken ground on the new stadium yet?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 3:39pm
Everton are comfortably the worse team I've seen at WHL this season, in fact possibly the worst  for 2 or 3 seasons.

Spurs beat them 5-0 recently , while they've just beaten Newcastle 5-1, but the difference was stark, since NUFC put up a bit of a show during the first half (went in 1-1), before getting caught on the break in the second, as they chased the game.

Whereas from minute one, Everton never showed a damned thing and were 5-0 down after 55 minutes, at which point Spurs started treating it as a training exercise, taking care not to get injured etc.  Had Spurs pushed on in the second half like the first, it would easily have been double figures. As it was, 7 or 8 wouldn't have deceived.

I know you can't go by one game, and Everton are not so bad at home as away, but right now, I reckon Burnley can overtake them, maybe even Watford, if Hodgson can conjure up a win or two from somewhere?

And Watford are decidedly crap, too.

Edited by Territorial - 07 Apr 2022 at 3:41pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Everton are comfortably the worse team I've seen at WHL this season, in fact possibly the worst  for 2 or 3 seasons.

Spurs beat them 5-0 recently , while they've just beaten Newcastle 5-1, but the difference was stark, since NUFC put up a bit of a show during the first half (went in 1-1), before getting caught on the break in the second, as they chased the game.

Whereas from minute one, Everton never showed a damned thing and were 5-0 down after 55 minutes, at which point Spurs started treating it as a training exercise, taking care not to get injured etc.  Had Spurs pushed on in the second half like the first, it would easily have been double figures. As it was, 7 or 8 wouldn't have deceived.

I know you can't go by one game, and Everton are not so bad at home as away, but right now, I reckon Burnley can overtake them, maybe even Watford, if Hodgson can conjure up a win or two from somewhere?

And Watford are decidedly crap, too.

Liverpool soon have home games to Man U and Everton. I know they're derby games but you really couldn't pick two more straight forward teams to play at the minute. 
United's players have downed tools and Everton are a real shambles

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 2:33pm
That was a massive win. Big performance from our boy Seamus as well as Pickford and Delph
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 2:37pm
I thought Everton would win this and well called by Brendan and Sham the Ram.

Cool

Edited by Double Maxim - 09 Apr 2022 at 2:38pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 3:09pm
I think everyone knew Everton would win today. United are a shambles.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 4:00pm
Huge result for Everton Pickford outstanding.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 9:52am
Been absolutely awful the past few months, but two unexpected wins against United and Chelsea keeping them alive
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 10:43am
Their home form saving them. If they win their two home homes and pick up something in one of the aways (e.g. against watford) then I think that would be enough. Leeds would be the ones to fall then I suspect (which would be better from an Irish players perspective).
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 11:32am
It’s an exciting time for myself who has a real dislike for Everton, Leeds and Burnley! It’s s pity only one of them will be going down.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

It’s an exciting time for myself who has a real dislike for Everton, Leeds and Burnley! It’s s pity only one of them will be going down.

Agree re Leeds but can't see why anyone would have a problem with Burnley or Everton.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Agree re Leeds but can't see why anyone would have a problem with Burnley or Everton.

Burnley have played the worst football I have seen over the past ten years! Brexit ball.

Would be great to see Everton go down with Lampard in charge, also they’ve played in the top flight for the longest period so would be nice for their fans to experience another league.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 3:20pm

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Burnley have played the worst football I have seen over the past ten years! Brexit ball.

Would be great to see Everton go down with Lampard in charge, also they’ve played in the top flight for the longest period so would be nice for their fans to experience another league.

Lampard was a bizarre appointment.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 4:58pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 10:49am

Looks like this is going to be an impressive stadium.

Everton Football Club 678K subscribers Preparations continue ahead of the next big milestone moment at Everton Stadium. The roof trusses are being prepared on the pitch space, ahead of...

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 10:59am

Jordan Pickford being linked with a move to Chelsea.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6566676869 71>
  Share Topic