Evan Ferguson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 155>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 3:51pm
There isn't a manager in the game who wouldn't start him against France. Probably the bigger question is whether he gives him a run out against Latvia. Three day turnaround, maybe just give him 10 or 15 minutes in that one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 3:52pm
If Kenny dosent start Fergie for the France game he should be sacked on the spot and De Zerbi installed on a 15 yr contract. LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 3:58pm
MOTM on BBC 
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 4:09pm
Delighted he scored again today but he is unproven at international level. It’s not worth taking a risk for such a big game vs France when we have established pros available to play up front e.g. Parrott, Keane. Look at the Rugby team yesterday they played experienced international players not kids. Kenny should consider seeing him off the bench vs Latvia but then get him a full game with the U21s to keep the fitness

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by DublinScouse1916 DublinScouse1916 wrote:

Delighted he scored again today but he is unproven at international level. It’s not worth taking a risk for such a big game vs France when we have established pros available to play up front e.g. Parrott, Keane. Look at the Rugby team yesterday they played experienced international players not kids. Kenny should consider seeing him off the bench vs Latvia but then get him a full game with the U21s to keep the fitness

You lost me at Will Keane LOL

Pure fishing!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 4:16pm

Poor effort. 0/10 on the trollometer there I'm afraid.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 4:37pm

He is 100% ready to play against France - he is arguably superior already to any other centre forward we have. Also, the buzz around him will be electric, could well feed into the entire team performance.
gazurtoids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 4:41pm

There isn't a manager in the game who wouldn't start him against France. Probably the bigger question is whether he gives him a run out against Latvia. Three day turnaround, maybe just give him 10 or 15 minutes in that one.

Scaloni wouldn't have started him back in Dec ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 4:53pm

I can just see Kenny now in the pre match interview for France ''that its just too soon for Evan''
Why? Tbf he brought Evan in when nobody was clamouring for it. I'm pretty sure he starts!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 4:58pm

Yes, no need to play him against Latvia. Bring him on with 20 minutes to go and the crowd will go crazy, but then start him against France.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 5:01pm

Eejit!
SC92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 5:01pm

I can just see Kenny now in the pre match interview for France ''that its just too soon for Evan''
Why? Tbf he brought Evan in when nobody was clamouring for it. I'm pretty sure he starts!

I mean fair enough he did do that. But he didn't even give him a start against Malta (where we just about ended up winning) or give Smallbone any minutes so we could watch the usual players play poorly. Which makes some of us doubt that he will make the right decision regarding introducing young players over his faves. I think he will start Ferguson but he's clearly not above wierd decision making.

Edited by SC92 - 19 Mar 2023 at 5:03pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

I mean fair enough he did do that. But he didn't even give him a start against Malta (where we just about ended up winning) or give Smallbone any minutes so we could watch the usual players play poorly. Which makes some of us doubt that he will make the right decision regarding introducing young players over his faves. I think he will start Ferguson but he's clearly not above wierd decision making.
Rightly or wrongly, he's pretty consistent in that he doesn't tend to start lads in their first window. I'm not always supportive of that, but it seems to be policy of sorts. Smallbone will hopefully start vs Latvia and I think Evan will start vs France!
SeaSharp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 5:15pm
Not a hope he doesn't start vs France, would be the closest thing to managerial suicide for SK!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 5:21pm
Easy to get carried away since he is playing Grimsby. Did his job and De Zerbi was very much thinking of the bigger picture taking him off straight away. LOL

Can’t wait to see him line up against France. The only possible excuse for not starting him would have been Idah started instead. 
He’s definitely playing and I hope personally Ogbene plays with him. Would be a perfect combination.
SC92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 5:28pm
We've barely had a striker who can even score against poor teams for years though so still exciting! 

Ogbene as strike partner is a good shout. He's that kind of unpredictable player who can make something happen out of nothing that you need against top teams. Reckon it will probably be Obafemi though. Ogbene seems to have gone down the pecking order somewhat unfairly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

We've barely had a striker who can even score against poor teams for years though so still exciting! 

Ogbene as strike partner is a good shout. He's that kind of unpredictable player who can make something happen out of nothing that you need against top teams. Reckon it will probably be Obafemi though. Ogbene seems to have gone down the pecking order somewhat unfairly.

Ogbene is not a central striker. Good option if we change to a 523 with himself and Johnston either side of a ferguson/Idah. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 5:33pm
Trap and MON wouldn't have played him 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 155>