You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Evan Ferguson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 144>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 3:56pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Brighton are such a different animal to Ireland at the moment.  The qualify of passes and the pulling of the other teams back four left and right means he gets opportunities to score which he doesn’t get for Ireland.  Although to be fair with this goal it’s less than a half chance.  Decent ball into feet on the edge of the penalty area and two touch finish and uses to centre half as a disguise.  I love the fact that he passes so many goals into the net.  Sign of absolute quality. 

Moran behind Ferguson with Ogbene outside and Johnston the other side and keep it solid behind that has potential to hurt teams.  

He’s that good that I fear we may never get the best out of him. As you say, Brighton are on a completely different level to us with the quality of players that they have and we have no midfielder who can play forward passes.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 4:09pm
Was that not a pretty poor ball into the box that he absolutely killed with a world class first touch before a world class finish? 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Was that not a pretty poor ball into the box that he absolutely killed with a world class first touch before a world class finish? 
Nah, ball played to Lallana and he let it roll to Ferguson who took a great touch and slotted it away brilliantly. Wouldn't even see that with us, he wouldn't of got the ball. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Nah, ball played to Lallana and he let it roll to Ferguson who took a great touch and slotted it away brilliantly. Wouldn't even see that with us, he wouldn't of got the ball. 

Good players can play balls with pace and trust that their teammates have the skillset to deal with it.  Balls with pace to quality players are an opportunity whereas with our players at times they are a nuisance. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2023 at 7:30pm
Not his best game tonight, gone off on 87 minutes. If I was to guess probably won’t start the weekend as was on the receiving end of a few big challenges and looked a bit sluggish when running. 
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2023 at 8:41pm

Not his best game tonight, gone off on 87 minutes. If I was to guess probably won’t start the weekend as was on the receiving end of a few big challenges and looked a bit sluggish when running. 

possibly the last time we see him in a brighton shirt,  Luton town next stop.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2023 at 9:19pm

The old Evan cant play 2 games in a week theory again. Fook me. Hes not made of candy
I love beer gardens
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2023 at 11:39pm
They have 3 PL games in a week coming up. So not suprised if he's benched this weekend 
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2023 at 12:54am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

The old Evan cant play 2 games in a week theory again. Fook me. Hes not made of candy
He definitely can play 2 games in a week but probably shouldn't. Brighton are managing him. 

Countless cases of players who started young and had the legs run off them by the time they hit their late 20s. Saka is gonna be a good example of that. Aresnal are running him into the ground with the amount of football he's played. We should be happy Brighton are being careful with him at his age
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2023 at 6:51am
Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

He definitely can play 2 games in a week but probably shouldn't. Brighton are managing him. 

Countless cases of players who started young and had the legs run off them by the time they hit their late 20s. Saka is gonna be a good example of that. Aresnal are running him into the ground with the amount of football he's played. We should be happy Brighton are being careful with him at his age
Overall I agree with this. Something is perfectly right about how Evan is progressing so credit to Brighton
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2023 at 8:16am
He might have to start every game! Welbeck and Fati out injured.

They don’t have many other forwards.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2023 at 8:20am
I'd have thought the EPL games would be more important.

He missed a one on one last night and then did a terrible dive!
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2023 at 8:42am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I'd have thought the EPL games would be more important.

He missed a one on one last night and then did a terrible dive!

He obviously didn't dive, tried to go around the keeper and the keeper won the ball, naturally enough sending Ferguson over as well. No appeal from him at all.
We're decent enough..
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2023 at 9:51am
Definitely not a dive. There was enough contact from the goalie to knock him over but he got the ball so not a foul either.

Poor game tbh. Some of these European away games can be low scoring tedious affairs though. Evan wasn't great had a few chances he could of done better with. Adingra and Joao Pedro didn't really look to play him in, preferring to take on the opposition and shoot themselves, so he was isolated.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2023 at 1:35pm
Starts today with O'Mahony & Kavanagh on the bench.
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2023 at 4:06pm
Anonymous again today, the initial hype seems to be running out, maybe the Luton spell will happen after all. 
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2023 at 4:13pm
Chelsea are a physically big team, Brighton didn't find a way through in the second half. I watched until 80 minutes. Tedious enough because Chelsea gave Brighton the field and defended very well.
Chelsea defenders dealt well with crosses, and Brighton didn't get the ball to feet in the box.
Mitoma needs space to run into or he loses a lot of his dribbles.
Ferguson is not scoring, maybe teams have figured Brighton out and Evan too to an extent.

"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 144>
  Share Topic