You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eurovox / Openbox/Skybox/Dreambox

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 35>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 1:27pm
Hi Lads,

Anyone know if these would work in Europe??

As i need to change my Sky Box when back for Germany game anyway.

Any info appreciated

Thanks
irishtoon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishtoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Stretchryan Stretchryan wrote:

Hi Lads,

Anyone know if these would work in Europe??

As i need to change my Sky Box when back for Germany game anyway.

Any info appreciated

Thanks
yea dreambox works as lost as you have the dish pointed at the rite angle from where you are
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 4:49pm
Heard there is some new thing on the block now, some fella comes out to the house, installs a dish and hooks up channels through the internet.

160 quid for the year
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 4:51pm
Thats it
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

Thats it

What speed broadband do you need?
I only have 3mb ,would that suffice?
I was told by a lad that has it ,his broadband is unusable when the tv is on.
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 10:37pm
8meg Eircom
GockaRocka View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GockaRocka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 10:43pm
I thought this was about

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 11:57am
Anyone know of someone that installs these around Roscommon/Athlone area?
I have Sky at the moment ,would I just need a decoder ,when I already have the sky dish?
irishtoon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishtoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 12:15pm
3mb should be fine i know people running it on 1 mb and still able to use the internet fine it doesnt have a constant download its only 1 or 2kb every 8-9 seconds

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

I have Sky at the moment ,would I just need a decoder ,when I already have the sky dish?

plug and play get your self a set of home plugs pm me and if you want more details
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 2:22pm

Its horrid handy. a co axial cable from the dish , you will already have that goes into the back of the new box an ethernet cable goes into it aswell from ur modem.

and Wala!
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 6:21pm
cheers for the info lads.
irishtoon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishtoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 7:41pm

Its horrid handy. a co axial cable from the dish , you will already have that goes into the back of the new box an ethernet cable goes into it aswell from ur modem.

and Wala!

and what about a stable c-line that doesnt freeze and how do you go about putting it in ???
or what if the box decides to brick up and stops working ?
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 10:30pm
Ill worry about that if it happens.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 12:08am
Quick question lads,Does anyone know or recommend what the best box is for recording and EPG?
Many of the boxs seem to have only now and next EPG and cant record one programme while watching another.

Edit: did a bit more research and there is a box called Vu Duo + that has a 7 day EPG and recording .Anyone use this box?

Edited by rossieman - 05 Sep 2012 at 10:28am
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 12:52am
Got sorted for this today.It seems like a great job so far.Full Sky HD subscribtion.
No more paying sky €87 a month.
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 1:08am

Got sorted for this today.It seems like a great job so far.Full Sky HD subscribtion.

Whats was the damage? Install and SUB
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 1:41am

Whats was the damage? Install and SUB
€100 for the sub.I already had the dish, phone line and wiring installed from sky box so I just paid for the sat box .ordered it Monday and it arrived in post today .everything loaded on it so just plug it in. took me less than 5 mins to set up..
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 6:53pm

Does anyone know anything about Apple TV. Ive seen in a few places that you can get a plug in for FlashSportsStreams (been down for the last week) and LiveOnlineFooty. I think the apple device needs be jailbroken. 

Also do anyone know any devices that could stream Sopcast to TV?

I use Sopcast on my computer and have the equipment to link up to my TV but the computer over heats when i use it for a whole match.

Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 35>
  Share Topic