You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eurovision 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Those Azerbaijani lasses... That's convinced me when Ireland play later in the year... And it's not for the football 

I've bad news for you. The girls are from the Netherlands LOL

LOL
That's a way to get me hopes down! Disapprove

I don't think James Newman knows about the result, everytime the camera was on him he was holding 2 pints in his hand, he was definitely there for an excuse for a massive bender.
In common with a good few Irish fans at Euro 2012 then. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Those Azerbaijani lasses... That's convinced me when Ireland play later in the year... And it's not for the football 

I've bad news for you. The girls are from the Netherlands LOL

LOL
That's a way to get me hopes down! Disapprove

I don't think James Newman knows about the result, everytime the camera was on him he was holding 2 pints in his hand, he was definitely there for an excuse for a massive bender.
In common with a good few Irish fans at Euro 2012 then. LOL

LOL

I think this video supports the fact Newman was only there for the craic LOLClap

James Newman, take a bow lad. 

Edited by coyne - 23 May 2021 at 2:53pm
RandomCritic View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandomCritic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 6:54pm
Congrats to Italy. Rock is Back!!

Edited by RandomCritic - 08 Jul 2021 at 8:59pm
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 1:53pm

I'll do 1 of my famous walks and climb over the border wall if I have to if they all look like them Clap

They're probably all Muslim. They got 2 points from the Irish jury. Because of last year's cancellation, all performers were at least 18 years old this year. 

I didn't watch the Brits on stage, as male performers are no interest to me. But the high point of the night was when it was announced they got 0 points from the public. It's the first time since the change in how the votes were  announced in 2016, that a nation got 0 points from both the public and jury votes. So it must have been truly awful. 

Italy won for the first time since 1990, when they edged us out late in the voting. That was a song back then, but if the reprize is anything to go by, this  was basically a three minute version of Lordi, without all the gear. Not my cup of tea. Ireland got 4 points from the European public, and 20 points in total, finishing last in the semi final for the second time running, 95 points away from 10th place Norway. Malta won that semi final. 

The announcement of the public votes is incredibly tense. Maybe it's time to extend that to the jury votes also. They are the opposite of exciting and they take too long to go through them all, especially when they come from Greece and Cyprus and all the "thanks for a wonderful show" comments. We know it's a wonderful show, that's why people watch it, but it's gone midnight or even 1am at the venue, just give them the votes asap so they can all go home for another year. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic