Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

European Super League

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 41>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by TigerRoll TigerRoll wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by TigerRoll TigerRoll wrote:

Like most of top level franchise football it would be for consumers, not fans.

Aren’t all fans costumers in some capacity? Buying sky/BT to watch games, tickets, training gear/jerseys etc etc We’re very much both. What would fans want? To watch Man Utd v the best weekly or v WBA/Fulham. 
I would argue that there aren't too many Fans at any of the big franchises, hence why they are franchises. Anyone giving money to Sky or BT are also part of the problem.
We can agree on the fact we both want it to happen, Tops! You for rampant libertarian globalisation and me for the hilarity that will ensue.

Why aren’t they fans? I am curious. What makes an individual a fan or customer. Someone living in Stretford who goes to Old Trafford weekly, buys a shirt and has sky isn’t a fan as he takes part in these activities. 
He is also a f**king rarity. What percentage of Manchester United season tickets are anywhere near Manchester? 
Manchester United don't want fans and don't care about them. Every fan from Stretford is replaceable by a customer who is worth more to them financially, even if they never go to Old Trafford. This pandemic has emboldened franchises because it has shown they don't need ticket sales at all. It is bonus money, a few bob on the side.
Sponsored Links

Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 5:53pm
Football in England was shown up for what it is when a small club like West Ham sold their fans out for tourists. 

I could never see the Italian ultras allowing this to happen. They have the power to bankrupt clubs.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 6:15pm

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

UEFA is meeting tomorrow to discuss revamping the CL, so this story sounds like a scare tactic from these clubs 
It's the same old thing on repeat. They push a Super League breakaway and UEFA then bend over backwards to keep them and we get a Champions League that is even more in thrall to the main clubs and franchises and repeat, until the CL is officially a European Super League in all but name. It more or less is now.

This

Will English clubs get another champions league spot? Ideally they want 6 places. 

With 3 European competitions they will be pushing the lower leagues out of the most lucrative competition.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

UEFA is meeting tomorrow to discuss revamping the CL, so this story sounds like a scare tactic from these clubs 
It's the same old thing on repeat. They push a Super League breakaway and UEFA then bend over backwards to keep them and we get a Champions League that is even more in thrall to the main clubs and franchises and repeat, until the CL is officially a European Super League in all but name. It more or less is now.

This

Will English clubs get another champions league spot? Ideally they want 6 places. 

With 3 European competitions they will be pushing the lower leagues out of the most lucrative competition.

What does it matter f they get 6 spots?  Arsenal won't be in the top 6 regardless.  Maybe Spurs could potentially miss out also?

Basically what it is is these ''big 6'' want a god given right to earn mega bucks by signing up to a cartel that they are guaranteed to be part of.  Arsenal wont make the Champions Laague and these clubs dont want to have any risk involved in missing out.

Its an absolute joke.  Football has been dying and this is going to be the penultimate nail in the coffin.  The final nail will be the mickey mouse world cup they are pushign ahead with.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Well when teams who don’t finish in their top 4 start qualifying for it then I’d agree 

Its staring Arsenal, Spurs and (to an extent) Liverpool in the face right now. There is almost something comical about Arsenal who have been in decline for over 15 years, and Spurs who have won one cup of substance in the past 20 years being involved.

Man U need this the most IMO. 
They have one of the highest wage bills in word football but have only finished top 4 50% of the time post fergie. 

They need the regular champions league money every season. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

This

I think the debate will be heritage teams automatically in and then those countries with such teams, which I predict will be the richest leagues with a sop or two to Ajax and Porto and then a number of places still being awarded for league places to the 'big 5'. 
Juventus being in  a precarious position will be a factor in this debate.

The biggest surprise is Qatar  being against it. I wonder what their reason is. Bayern maybe altruistic, but I can't see PSG being so.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 6:33pm
Greed simple as that , we now enter the Kerry Packer kind of sport again . 

If they go don't let them back  in simple .

Edited by Claret Murph - 18 Apr 2021 at 6:36pm
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 6:34pm
Spurs a European powerhouse? is it April 1st ...

and Arsenal just as laughable
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 6:41pm
Let them at it. Top level football lost its soul years ago.

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:01pm
my only concern is it’s impact on Irish football.  

It’s also laughable that Spurs consider themselves as part of the elite when they haven’t won a proper trophy since 1991 and a league since 1961. 
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Based on geographical location and turnover they are. That's all that matters.
It's hard not to like Neville and his rant has gone viral, but he is happy to take money from Sky, who have stole English football's soul, while simultaneously helping to pump money into a hobby club that themselves would fall foul of any proper regulation in English football.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

It’s also laughable that Spurs consider themselves as part of the elite when they haven’t won a proper trophy since 1991 and a league since 1961. 

How do you see it impacting Irish football Balders? 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

How do you see it impacting Irish football Balders? 

I haven’t a f**kin clue LOL but my instinct is it probably wouldn’t be good but I am not basing that on anything concrete. 

Edited by Baldrick - 18 Apr 2021 at 7:11pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Shhhh

They have won more European competitions than the Oil tycoons PSG and Man City and they MUST be included.

The metric is purely based on annual revenues. 

Forest won’t be getting an invite. 

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:41pm
Celtic, Rangers (even the zombie incarnation) and Ajax are all much bigger clubs than Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea. It's not even a Super League with the biggest clubs in Europe they want, just the richest owners.

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:44pm
This is OUR league. They can’t take it away from us!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:46pm
Galway Utd have said they will have no part of this.

Taking a stand.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 7:50pm
Inaugural European Super League Winners: Bayern Munich
Runners Up: PSG
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 41>
  Share Topic