You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro Tickets from FAI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18192021>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 2:39pm
Until every supporter is treated Fairly and there is a level playing field for all I wont give up.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sponsored Links

Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 2:39pm
Yes. But get your parents to sign it.

Edited by Jerryfromkerry - 19 Dec 2015 at 2:59pm
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 2:45pm
The Belgium game is likely to be the most difficult to get a ticket for on account of the allocation. But even with allocations to both FA's there will still be upwards of 20,000+ tickets for the game. I don't know the French attitude to attending games as a neutral but would imagine there will be a glut of tickets available in Bordeaux itself especially if a profit is to be made. A lot of needless panic and hyperbole st the moment.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

The Belgium game is likely to be the most difficult to get a ticket for on account of the allocation. But even with allocations to both FA's there will still be upwards of 20,000+ tickets for the game. I don't know the French attitude to attending games as a neutral but would imagine there will be a glut of tickets available in Bordeaux itself especially if a profit is to be made. A lot of needless panic and hyperbole st the moment.

Surely not CH. Very unlike ybig. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 3:11pm
It is panic Saturday according to a thread on the whatever section.
AKA pedantic kunt
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2015 at 5:14pm
Yer logic regards away ticket being key was probably right for the last euros as I know I had a excellent record for home games(block Booker/ST since 2005)but no away record I only got 1 ticket for the Croatia game.And friends of mine who went to maybe 2 aways and 2 homes per campaign got 1 to 2 tickets for all the games!
I don't think people with that sort of record will get in ahead of season ticket holders this time so I feel this should make it a lot fairer this time around!
Deco View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 2:24am
Would like to hope I get a ticket, but my travelling away record isn't great ( due to college budget Embarrassed).
Ah well fingers crossed.
Yoco Santos View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoco Santos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 9:23am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by Scousedub Scousedub wrote:

Three of us have season tickets and a decent away record so I'd say we should be sorted no problem but there is one extra lad travelling with us who has no record whatsoever for games. What's my best bet when applying for tickets? If I apply for 4 is the lad who has no record going to affect or chances or should I just apply for 3 and let him apply separately. Thanks for the help lads
you and your two ST buddies should apply separately for a start with one of ye applying for the 4th lad.

if you apply for 4 there is no way for the FAI / UEFA to know who the other 3 are and increases the likelihood of rejection of some of your application.

We've got 8 season tickets but all under my account. Surely there's no point in applying individually for us as the FAI won't have the seven other names anyway?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Yoco Santos Yoco Santos wrote:

Three of us have season tickets and a decent away record so I'd say we should be sorted no problem but there is one extra lad travelling with us who has no record whatsoever for games. What's my best bet when applying for tickets? If I apply for 4 is the lad who has no record going to affect or chances or should I just apply for 3 and let him apply separately. Thanks for the help lads
you and your two ST buddies should apply separately for a start with one of ye applying for the 4th lad.

if you apply for 4 there is no way for the FAI / UEFA to know who the other 3 are and increases the likelihood of rejection of some of your application.

We've got 8 season tickets but all under my account. Surely there's no point in applying individually for us as the FAI won't have the seven other names anyway?
well there's nothing ye can do about that but to apply for all.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 11:20am
Think if you are a season ticket holder and have been to a few away games you will get sorted, only game I see any issues around is the Belgium game

Edited by ringerbell - 20 Dec 2015 at 11:21am
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 6:26pm

The other lads can put in your fai account number. You could do it a few ways: all eight could apply individually under your number, or you and one other lad could apply for four each, or four of you could apply for two each, etc etc, and put the same group id in each application.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 8:30am
Given the ticket allocations for games I would like to think i'm at least in the Top 4000 of people who have applied Tongue
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Yoco Santos View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoco Santos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 11:33am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

The other lads can put in your fai account number. You could do it a few ways: all eight could apply individually under your number, or you and one other lad could apply for four each, or four of you could apply for two each, etc etc, and put the same group id in each application.

Cheers. 

Would you reckon applying individually would give us a better chance or make no difference?
SteveM14 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 7:48pm
Been a season ticket holder for last few years now. Have my friend and I under my account number and my other friend has 2 regular season tickets under his name...you think we would have a better chance applying for 2 tickets each like our purchasing history or both applying for four tickets each in pure luck?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 2:05pm
An application for four is much more likely to be rejected. Apply for two each and use the group id and if you are both successful, your tickets will be together. Applying for four with only two season tickets is liable to backfire completely on you, would be my guess.
KenSRFC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenSRFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 3:58pm
It's far easier from an administrative point of view to allocate tickets to fans that apply for three or four tickets would be my guess Thumbs Up
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by KenSRFC KenSRFC wrote:

It's far easier from an administrative point of view to allocate tickets to fans that apply for three or four tickets would be my guess Thumbs Up

You're completely right about that and even easier if the fans apply for a couple of hundred at a time.  Are you by any chance an adviser to the FAI because that's exactly the policy they have adopted in favouring SC's.
StayPuft View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StayPuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 4:41pm
Just been on to apply for tickets. Got caught by the credit card expiry date. I'm guessing a few have had the same experience .
Rang BOI and they won't issue me a new card until 3 months before the current expiry which is no good to me. 
Anyone know if I get a new expiry date if I report it lost/stolen tomorrow?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18192021>
  Share Topic