Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro '96

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The 1996 kits seemed like a mock up of the 1994 ones, with a few stripes added here and there.

England’s jersey from 1994-1995 was incredibly smart.
England had different jerseys in 1994 and 1995. 

Up to end of 1994 they wore the one they wore in the latter part of the failed World Cup qualification campaign under Graham Taylor.

The one they wore in Euro '96 debuted in March 1995. They wore a red kit at Lansdowne Road in February.

That’s right. There was a bit of coverage about the new kit going into the friendly with Uruguay.

The one before that, like you said, the end of the Taylor era. Class shirt.
Sponsored Links

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 5:08pm
Yeah I agree with others on here, between 85-95 were my favourite years for jerseys. Euro 96 had a terrible collection. Early 2000s saw a slight improvement again but mostly since mid noughties have been crap again
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 5:24pm

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

The 1996 kits seemed like a mock up of the 1994 ones, with a few stripes added here and there.

England’s jersey from 1994-1995 was incredibly smart.
England had different jerseys in 1994 and 1995. 

Up to end of 1994 they wore the one they wore in the latter part of the failed World Cup qualification campaign under Graham Taylor.

The one they wore in Euro '96 debuted in March 1995. They wore a red kit at Lansdowne Road in February.

That’s right. There was a bit of coverage about the new kit going into the friendly with Uruguay.

The one before that, like you said, the end of the Taylor era. Class shirt.
England's Euro 2000 kit was a nice effort. Plain 1980s style, smart. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 6:05pm
England have had some nice kits. The Admiral one for '82, which started it all, in a way, was lovely. Their sky blue strips in the early '90s were lovely too. 1990 home was decent too. 

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

England have had some nice kits. The Admiral one for '82, 
Actually came out for Euro80.

I won one in a comp in Daily Star LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Yeah, but best remembered for '82. It's worth a fortune now!
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 9:15pm

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Yeah, but best remembered for '82. It's worth a fortune now!
Really ?
Mine’s long gone.
Not a good idea to wear it through Ballyer during the hunger strikes LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 12:54am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Who had the best kits ?
Can't say whose was best, but no question whose was worst:

Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Romania's is hypnotic.

Seaman's effort was hallucinogenic.

As in LSD hallucinogenic.

EDIT: Can't seem to upload my original photo, which also showed the full shorts, but clicking on this link might do it?
(The shorts didn't help, btw)

You think that was hallucinogenic? You don't remember this fella, Jorge Campos, who was Mexico goalkeeper and wore stuff like this! LOL

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 6:52am
Pretty sure that wasn’t Seaman’s kit from euro 96

Was it not a yellow one when he saved the penalties against Spain 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 7:47am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Pretty sure that wasn’t Seaman’s kit from euro 96

Was it not a yellow one when he saved the penalties against Spain 
Yellow with the home kit. Montrocity with the grey.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 8:03am
The days when the fans could also wear the same jerseys....

The tight fitting ones these days aren’t great for your average fan with a beer gut. 

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 8:47am
Stuart Pearce was a man who never “retired to focus on his club career”. The man joined West Ham at 37, and broke back into the England team, and suffered two broken legs, before being an ever present in 2001/2002. Absolute rock of a man.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 10:12am

Stuart Pearce was a man who never “retired to focus on his club career”. The man joined West Ham at 37, and broke back into the England team, and suffered two broken legs, before being an ever present in 2001/2002. Absolute rock of a man.
They just don't make them like 'Psycho' any more...

Edited by ConorMac77 - 15 May 2020 at 10:13am
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 10:15am
There's a belief that strikers aim for the goalkeeper more when they wear vibrant colours. It's hard to know how true that is,  but many goalkeepers went along with it.

I'm always worried about liking Pearce because the racism thing just won't go away.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 10:34am
Apart from the horrendous comment to Paul Ince in 1994, my understanding was that it had a lot more to do with his brother as opposed to any ongoing behaviour from Pearce?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 10:36am

Apart from the horrendous comment to Paul Ince in 1994, my understanding was that it had a lot more to do with his brother as opposed to any ongoing behaviour from Pearce?
Yes, and Ince brought up quite a long time later. The fact remains that Pearce is, apparently, very close to his brother. Maybe it is because I don't have siblings, but if I had a racist brother I would be as far away from him as possible!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 10:42am
I probably wouldn’t have much to do with a family member who had views like that. But I’m not sure I’d automatically believe the views to be shared, no matter how friendly.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 11:03am
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic