Euro 88 Fan Search

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RTE88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro 88 Fan Search
    Posted: 27 May 2020 at 7:43pm
Hi guys,

I’m working on an upcoming Euro 88 TV night for RTE Sport.
We are looking to find an older fan who is now cocooning and was at the England game in Stuttgart and might enjoy a chat with Ray Houghton about their memories of the match back in 88. If you know someone, a friend or older relative who was there and might get a bit of a lift having a quick chat with Ray about the game drop me a message here or email us at - email2fm@rte.ie - and I’ll get back in touch with you. Thanks a mil!

Yiksheemash View Drop Down

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 8:40am
Que GSpain going into lockdown

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Que GSpain going into lockdown

Big smile  Less of that.  I'm 53.  

I know a few who were there although the 2 cocooning either wouldn't talk or sadly couldn't talk.  One was who was there and qualifies on age grounds is still very active and meeting everybody on the streets of Cork.

Maybe ask on facebook.  
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 10:51am
Originally posted by RTE88 RTE88 wrote:

Hi guys,

We are looking to find an older fan who is now cocooning and was at the England game in Stuttgart and might enjoy a chat with Ray Houghton about their memories of the match back in 88. If you know someone, a friend or older relative who was there and might get a bit of a lift having a quick chat with Ray about the game drop me a message here or email us at - email2fm@rte.ie - and I’ll get back in touch with you. Thanks a mil!

Ask in the 'the balls.ie irish supporters group' group on facebook
I don't agree with THAT, in the workplace!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 10:51am

Hi guys,

double post -

Edited by Bham_McDermott - 28 May 2020 at 10:51am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Bham_McDermott Bham_McDermott wrote:

Hi guys,

Literacy isn't a requirement then?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 12:43pm

Hi guys,

Aye. Will likely end up something like this; 

Yiksheemash View Drop Down

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 12:55pm

Hi guys,

greatest shower of bellends that ever existed on that group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 10:12pm
Best football week ever of my life. The Wednesday afternoon in Hannover before the match with the CCCP was especially memorable. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 10:33pm
Ye forgot it was that quick. Sunday Wednesday and Sunday again. Great week of ups n downs. Def should taken USSR but then we probably lucky against England!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Ye forgot it was that quick. Sunday Wednesday and Sunday again. Great week of ups n downs. Def should taken USSR but then we probably lucky against England!
Think it was Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday...3 games in 7 days..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 10:50am

Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Think it was Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday...3 games in 7 days..

Correct. Can remember lads dancing in the floozy on O'Connell St afterwards when I was heading home.

The saying after the tournament was we won a game we should have lost, drew a game we should have won and lost a game we should have drawn.

Common misconception that we would have qualified had we held on against Russia but the defeat to Holland would have put us out regardless as they and Russia both beat England 3-1 as against our 1-0. We could have been knocked out with two wins which would have been sickening. Was sickening anyway tbf. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

Hi guys,

greatest shower of bellends that ever existed on that group
Irish football fans

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 9:21pm

Best football week ever of my life. The Wednesday afternoon in Hannover before the match with the CCCP was especially memorable. 
About 200 of us in a tiny bar watching van Basten destroy England on a tiny TV above the door.