Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EURO 2024

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2023 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

It’s a real sickner not being ar this 

Wasn’t that bothered missing the multi city/ Covid affected one in England but this one Disapprove

Apart from quality beer, great cities, great food, great stadiums and good travel connections, you won't be missing much. 

Yeah germanys a sh*t hole shoukd never have been given the tournament Disapprove
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2023 at 1:29pm
Turkey were absolutely flying going into the last Euros. Was looking forward to seeing them cause a few upsets and they completely flopped.

Are Turkey and Greece one of these stupid rules where they can't get each other in qualifying like Spain and Gibraltar?
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2023 at 10:04pm

Turkey were absolutely flying going into the last Euros. Was looking forward to seeing them cause a few upsets and they completely flopped.

Are Turkey and Greece one of these stupid rules where they can't get each other in qualifying like Spain and Gibraltar?

I don't recall them being kept apart but could be wrong.  

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2023 at 10:34pm

It’s a real sickner not being ar this 

Wasn’t that bothered missing the multi city/ Covid affected one in England but this one Disapprove

Apart from quality beer, great cities, great food, great stadiums and good travel connections, you won't be missing much. 

Yeah germanys a sh*t hole shoukd never have been given the tournament Disapprove
€49 monthly national rail ticket et al
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2023 at 11:11pm
CH
That 49€ ticket is an annual ticket paid monthly so you would need to remember to cancel it.
Also it doesn't cover ICE trains (fast intercity )
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 12:20pm
Tickets got today for 3 second round games. Portal is only open for 24 hours. Lucky I randomly checked yesterday. I would have missed it otherwise
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 1:55pm
Managed to get 3 matches - France v Austria (in Dusseldorf), Turkey v Play-off winner (Dortmund) and Spain v Italy (Gelsenkirchen). 

Tried to get Scotland v Switzerland (in Cologne) but couldn't cart it. I'm sure there'll be more chances in the next few months.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Managed to get 3 matches - France v Austria (in Dusseldorf), Turkey v Play-off winner (Dortmund) and Spain v Italy (Gelsenkirchen). 

Tried to get Scotland v Switzerland (in Cologne) but couldn't cart it. I'm sure there'll be more chances in the next few months.

There was a chinese buffet that we went to one night but as well as the usual precooked stuff under heat lamps there was a fresh ingredients aisle that you chose your own ingredients and gave them to a chef in front of a hot plate who cooked it for you  - Top 3 away meals of all time  

You could take up 6 oysters and he would steam them for you  - always suspected it was a money laundering front as the cost was about  30 euro a head including a beer 

Rest of the town is a dump though  and outside the stadium was lethal for lack of lights 
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 4:15pm
Hopefully Greece qualify as Turkey v Greece in Dortmund's stadium will be quality. Great game to go to.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 4:29pm

There was a chinese buffet that we went to one night but as well as the usual precooked stuff under heat lamps there was a fresh ingredients aisle that you chose your own ingredients and gave them to a chef in front of a hot plate who cooked it for you  - Top 3 away meals of all time  

You could take up 6 oysters and he would steam them for you  - always suspected it was a money laundering front as the cost was about  30 euro a head including a beer 

Rest of the town is a dump though  and outside the stadium was lethal for lack of lights 

Got lost in the dark there heading back for the tram in 2014 and ended up wandering into the old Parkstadion building site where we played the Dutch in '88.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 6:07pm

I remember Gelsenkirchen was a dump from my 1st Ireland away trip there in 2014 (fck me, was that really 10 years ago!?) so I'm basing myself in Dusseldorf.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 6:09pm

Hopefully Greece qualify as Turkey v Greece in Dortmund's stadium will be quality. Great game to go to.
Even without Greece, that'll probably still feel like I've somehow arrived in Istanbul with the largeTurkish population in Germany. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 6:48pm

Even without Greece, that'll probably still feel like I've somehow arrived in Istanbul with the largeTurkish population in Germany. 

I've always wanted to go to a game at that stadium so even San Marino v Faroes would be a great day out. Enjoy!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 8:06pm

I remember Gelsenkirchen was a dump from my 1st Ireland away trip there in 2014 (fck me, was that really 10 years ago!?) so I'm basing myself in Dusseldorf.

10 years Shocked where has the time gone 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 9:14pm

I've always wanted to go to a game at that stadium so even San Marino v Faroes would be a great day out. Enjoy!
Thank you Thumbs Up

I was there in December 2019 for a fantastic Bundesliga match between Borussia Dortmund and Leipzig which finished 3-3. Fantastic atmosphere to go with it and the Yellow Wall seemed much bigger than what you see on tv. Clap

Edited by ConorMac77 - 13 Mar 2024 at 9:15pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 9:53pm

a lot of pubs along the river with huge screens that show football, alt stadt is a fun place and the local "alt' beer is delicious. McLaughlins at the top of the alt stadt is the best of the Irish pubs. There is a german cinema museum which is well worth a visit if you're into films.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2024 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

a lot of pubs along the river with huge screens that show football, alt stadt is a fun place and the local "alt' beer is delicious. McLaughlins at the top of the alt stadt is the best of the Irish pubs. There is a german cinema museum which is well worth a visit if you're into films.
Thanks Thumbs Up
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 10:46am
By no means 100% but in general UEFA assign the end on the left looking from the main stand to the "home" fans.  Turkey are the "home" side v Playoff and v Portugal meaning they should get the yellow wall end.  If it works out that way it will be some sight. I'm also going to both games in Dortmund.

Demand for tickets this time appears to be insane.  All games sold yesterday unlike say France where quite a few games were always on sale in the higher categories.  I'm shocked that 400 euro tickets for Slovakia v Playoff Winner sold so easily.  

There will be other chances but so far every ticket offered to the general public is being snapped up.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic