Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2024 Germany

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 4:22pm
Would rather Gelsenkirchen was not on the list as there is more to being a host city than just having a stadium. Gelsenkirchen is a kip. Anyway im sure it will be a great tournement.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Would rather Gelsenkirchen was not on the list as there is more to being a host city than just having a stadium. Gelsenkirchen is a kip. Anyway im sure it will be a great tournement.

great Chinese buffet though - in the all time top 3 of away meals though agree with the general point
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Germany have selected the venues for their bid today :

Berlin
Munchen
Dortmund
Gelsenkirchen
Koln
Frankfurt
Leipzig
Stuttgart
Dusseldorf
Hamburg

More or less the same venues from the 06 WC if I'm not mistaken. Nuremberg not on the list though

Neither are Kaiserslautern and Hanover but Dusseldorf has been added.  It looks like we're going to have 4 of those 10 stadiums located in the North Rhine/Westphalia region alone.

m
Glad Bach were also looking to be included but 5 in NRW was never going to happen. 

Capacities, from top to bottom:

I think those are the capacities with the flip seats up - Actual capacities will be a bit less than that.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Germany have selected the venues for their bid today :

Berlin
Munchen
Dortmund
Gelsenkirchen
Koln
Frankfurt
Leipzig
Stuttgart
Dusseldorf
Hamburg

More or less the same venues from the 06 WC if I'm not mistaken. Nuremberg not on the list though
It failed the trial.
At least they didn't keep them hanging...
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 10:07pm
The all seated capacities on the bids were:

Berlin - 74,475
Munich - 71,000
Düsseldorf - 54,600
Stuttgart - 54,812
Cologne - 46,195
Hamburg - 51,852
Leipzig - 57,000 (after further construction)
Dortmund - 65,829
Gelsenkirchen - 54,442
Frankfurt - 48,500

Edited by Mulvanystrasse - 15 Sep 2017 at 10:07pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 1:17pm
Germany have formally submitted their bid. 

I see the winning bid will be announced in Dublin on 27th September 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 1:23pm
Surely a gimme given Erdogan and his dictatorial ways, can't see many wanting to go to a tournament there
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 1:24pm
might be the next Proper Tournament that we will be able to go to. Quatar and Euro 2020 don't appeal to me at all.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Surely a gimme given Erdogan and his dictatorial ways, can't see many wanting to go to a tournament there

Really? I'd say Germany would be a great place for a tournament. Easy to get to, German's are decent craic, and good beer, what's not to like.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Really? I'd say Germany would be a great place for a tournament. Easy to get to, German's are decent craic, and good beer, what's not to like.
I think Vidic might have been referring to Turkey when he said not many would want to go to a tournament there.

I'd prefer Germany as well. Surely a shoo-in to be awarded the tournament. Clap
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 1:29pm

LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 1:32pm

Qatar and Russia ..

But yeah don't see Turkey getting it. I think the whole multi country Euros came about because Turkey were the only serious bidder for 2020 and UEFA didn't want to give it to them so came up with the Multi County tournament to mark the 60th anniversary as an excuse 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

might be the next Proper Tournament that we will be able to go to. Quatar and Euro 2020 don't appeal to me at all.

I like Euro 2020 in that the smaller nations (us included) get to host a group stage as we would not be able to host a whole tournament.

But I’d prefer all the knock out stages in one country.

Germany would be class. I regret not going to the WC in 2006. 

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

I like Euro 2020 in that the smaller nations (us included) get to host a group stage as we would not be able to host a whole tournament.

But I’d prefer all the knock out stages in one country.

Germany would be class. I regret not going to the WC in 2006. 

I also think Euro 2020 spread out as a once off is a good idea.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 2:34pm
And the vote for the West of Ireland go's to GERMANY ..........
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 2:54pm
LOL

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 2:55pm

Sorry, by there I meant Turkey
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 3:11pm
Are you a teacher Huntacha Tongue
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic