You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Imagine if Wales lost Bale for 2 months and missed 6/10 qualifying games

id take that this campaign
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 12:33pm
Just checked the odds for this - England are the favs just ahead of Belgium and France.

With the form of Stones / Fogden / Kane and semifinals and final at home they have a fighting chance. 
The only question would be defence and do they have the bottle?

Lots of attacking options -
Sterling 
Kane
Foden
Sancho 
Rashford
Grealish 
Rashford

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 12:37pm
I like the look of Portugal! I’ll be backing them.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

They are about 12/1 and have a better team than in 2016.
Ronnie is still knocking them in and Dias / Felix / Fernandez / Cancelo all in good form. 

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 17 Feb 2021 at 12:41pm

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 12:42pm
Would like to Spain or Belgium win it. Don’t fancy England against a real heavyweight. Don’t like France, find them boring to watch.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Ronnie is still knocking them in and Dias / Felix / Fernandez / Cancelo all in good form. 

That’s a massive price! If only they could find a top quality CB to partner Dias in the next few months.

Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Would like to Spain or Belgium win it. Don’t fancy England against a real heavyweight. Don’t like France, find them boring to watch.
I fancy England against anyone apart from France. Attacking wise we have some of the best players in the world. Plus a plethora of top fullbacks.  Defensively we look stronger with stones back to his best. Hopefully gomez. Tomori playing for Milan. Young defenders playing well like konsa. I would say semi finals is realistic 
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 1:18pm

Just checked the odds for this - England are the favs just ahead of Belgium and France.

With the form of Stones / Fogden / Kane and semifinals and final at home they have a fighting chance. 
The only question would be defence and do they have the bottle?

Lots of attacking options -
Sterling 
Kane
Foden
Sancho 
Rashford
Grealish 
Rashford

Maddison barnes dcl Abraham odoi saka ings mount 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 1:28pm

Andre Silva has 18 in 20. Not quite lived up to his next CR7 tag but he's finally showing quality after his disastrous spell at Milan.

Not sure how they're gonna fit all 4 attacking players in a system but the 12/1 is seriously undervalued odds. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 1:30pm

I’d like Belgium to win it but I’m not sure if their defence is good enough. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 1:36pm
On current form I would go with this 11:

Rui Patricio
Cancelo 
Dias
Ruben Semedo
Guerreiro
Danilo Pereira
Ruben Neves
Bruno Fernandes
Bernardo Silva 
Joao Felix
Ronaldo

Bench isn’t bad either with the likes of Jota, Andre Silva, Trincao, Moutinho, Guedes and Ricardo Pereira to name a few.

Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 1:37pm
Italy could be an outside bet. A decent squad, if they can keep Immobile fit he's lethal in front of goal. I like Belotti aswell. Probably not strong enough to win it but you never know.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 1:38pm
england look good on paper. only thing i can see working against them is southgate. they were woeful at the world cup, fluking their way to the semi. i can see him screwing this up.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 1:38pm

Rui Patricio
Cancelo 
Dias
Ruben Semedo
Guerreiro
Danilo Pereira
Ruben Neves
Bruno Fernandes
Bernardo Silva 
Joao Felix
Ronaldo

Bench isn’t bad either with the likes of Jota, Andre Silva, Trincao, Moutinho, Guedes and Ricardo Pereira to name a few.

That looks pretty tasty. God if we only had a few of them...

Edited by Dugs - 17 Feb 2021 at 1:39pm
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

I fancy England against anyone apart from France. Attacking wise we have some of the best players in the world. Plus a plethora of top fullbacks.  Defensively we look stronger with stones back to his best. Hopefully gomez. Tomori playing for Milan. Young defenders playing well like konsa. I would say semi finals is realistic 
Using the recent nations league as a guide I wouldn’t fancy them to win the tournament.

England failed to score in 3 of the 4 games against Denmark and Belgium (the standard of team theyll meet in the knockout stage) despite having all these best players in the world.

Semis is a possibility but that can be said about 10 teams.
Italy look good value.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

Rui Patricio
Cancelo 
Dias
Ruben Semedo
Guerreiro
Danilo Pereira
Ruben Neves
Bruno Fernandes
Bernardo Silva 
Joao Felix
Ronaldo

That looks pretty tasty. God if we only had a few of them...

We luckily get to play them in a few months! Hopefully they have a Euro hangover.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

england look good on paper. only thing i can see working against them is southgate. they were woeful at the world cup, fluking their way to the semi. i can see him screwing this up.

They're overdue a Keeper cock-up for the who world to see again also!

Pickford has been awful, Pope hasn't been great which hasn't been helped by his defence and Henderson doesn't play so another calamity at the back is inevitable 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 1:54pm
Would tend to agree with Coyner somewhat. Biggest weakness is probably at GK. Also if they win their group they the play the runner up of Group F likely to be one of Portugal, Germany or France (With all due respect to Hungary) in the last 16

Edited by Denis Irwin - 17 Feb 2021 at 1:54pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
  Share Topic