Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Is anyone planning on getting tickets for last 16 match in Wembley? I'm wondering when will UEFA send out the emails for buying match tickets.
Yeah I'm planning on re-applying. Not sure when the lotto portal will open.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Is anyone planning on getting tickets for last 16 match in Wembley? I'm wondering when will UEFA send out the emails for buying match tickets.

No idea when it will happen but it should be soon.  I also plan on trying to buy that game.  
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 7:28pm
Yilmaz scores two the weekend Soyunku back in form. Turkey are going far I am telling you
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 2:35pm
just saw the official song.  Bizarre.   Itโ€™s Bono and The Edge with some Dutch DJ lad. I think the 3 of them
Wrote it. it but it has a bland Coldplay pan European feel to it and could either be a pro evo backing track. The strangest thing is the video with McAteer in it when he scored against the Dutch in 2001 in a World Cup qualifier. And we havenโ€™t qualified for euro 2020 ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€. Bizarre. 

Edited by Baldrick - 14 May 2021 at 2:37pm
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

just saw the official song.  Bizarre.   Itโ€™s Bono and The Edge with some Dutch DJ lad. I think the 3 of them
Wrote it. it but it has a bland Coldplay pan European feel to it and could either be a pro evo backing track. The strangest thing is the video with McAteer in it when he scored against the Dutch in 2001 in a World Cup qualifier. And we havenโ€™t qualified for euro 2020 ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€. Bizarre. 

Just seen it there. It is a bit weird but also seems now an even bigger pity that 
(A) we didn't qualify 
(B) We are no longer hosts

As the song lyrics and video would have made complete sense then and from an Irish point of view been something you could have really got behind, now it feels like we are tagging along to something we don't belong to. 
I guess the song and video were finalised before they took the finals off us. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, itโ€™s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 3:08pm
Yes quite odd having McAteer involved
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, itโ€™s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 3:17pm
One other odd part is the lyrics as already mentioned

it mentions "The streets of Dublin to Notre Dame"

What does that even mean Dublin obviously isn't hosting games (may have been when song was written and recorded though) but Notre Dame??? as in the Church is Paris which isn't hosting games or perhaps the University in Indiana??
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

One other odd part is the lyrics as already mentioned

it mentions "The streets of Dublin to Notre Dame"

What does that even mean Dublin obviously isn't hosting games (may have been when song was written and recorded though) but Notre Dame??? as in the Church is Paris which isn't hosting games or perhaps the University in Indiana??

The church in Paris that is being rebuilt for the next few years even 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 5:52pm
For rhyming purposes maybe? I haven't heard the song so don't know
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 9:18pm
The peoples champion from Glasnevin North not Finglas East. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 2:50am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

The peoples champion from Glasnevin North not Finglas East.ย 

Borders change. My home was about 50 metres from the house where Bono grew up. When my folks bought our house it was in Finglas. That same house is now in Glasnevin. We used to get post addressed to us saying it was for one of Finglas, Ballymun, Ballygall or Glasnevin. Bono's folk's house could c be in any one of those areas as it's on the border of all of them.

Edited by Paulie - 15 May 2021 at 2:51am
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 12:03pm
Bored in work the other day so I tried a diy predictor.
Tricky when you're trying to figure out who might be the best 3rd placed team over 4 groups.

Came to the conclussion that it would be France v Italy + Netherland v Portugal semi final and France beating Portugal in the Final.
Is there any online one to make it easier?
The dark side.. And the light
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

The peoples champion from Glasnevin North not Finglas East. 

Borders change. My home was about 50 metres from the house where Bono grew up. When my folks bought our house it was in Finglas. That same house is now in Glasnevin. We used to get post addressed to us saying it was for one of Finglas, Ballymun, Ballygall or Glasnevin. Bono's folk's house could c be in any one of those areas as it's on the border of all of them.

Paulie f**k off with your facts and donโ€™t hold back a good old Bono bashing ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
AKA pedantic kunt
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 12:40pm
Oh, right. Sorry. Eh, Bono's a posh ****. Better?
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 1:43pm
I never realised Canelo and Ruben Dias were Portuguese, they've some serious players the team looks better than the last time round. I would love to see them win it again, but Jasus they should be absolutely hammering us in the quals. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

I never realised Canelo and Ruben Dias were Portuguese, they've some serious players the team looks better than the last time round. I would love to see them win it again, but Jasus they should be absolutely hammering us in the quals. 

They are a much better team than 5 years ago.
Add in Felix from AM and Bruno & Jota etc

Group of death tho. I think they are about 10/1 to win it.

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 2:28pm

Little entitled pox would be the description there fella LOL
ripbomb View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Little entitled pox would be the description there fella LOL
I can never understand the U2 bashing especially towards Bono which is way over the top. When people bring up their tax affairs they haven't a  clue really what they are on about. In general Bono does go on a bit but he has done so much for the poor in Africa and never gets the credit he deserves in Ireland for it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic