You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 44>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 11:49am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Regulations are here

Seeding is done based on results in qualifying.  Spain as of now are likely to be a top seed and if we don't make it then will have 3 home games in Bilbao.

Thanks. 

So there are currently 10 groups in the qualifying, and there will only be 6 groups in the finals. So the top 6 teams will be seeded 1, 7-12 teams will be seeded 2 and so on. Correct? 

In that case, it is most likely that no team from our group will be seeded 1st, but possibly two teams will be seeded 2nd. If we manage to be seeded 2nd we will have a good chance of getting out of the group in the finals. A Rof16 in Bilbao anyone? Big smile

Correct and some countries look like they are already nailed on for top seeds eg Spain, England etc who will most likely win their qualifying groups with perfect or almost perfect records.  

Poland may well do the same of course. In theory Northern Ireland could do likewise but I don't think anyone seriously expects them to beat the Dutch and Germans home and away.  Germany may well do it though by beating the Dutch at home and winning in Belfast in September.

I agree it is unlikely our group will produce a top seed.   However it is highly unlikely we will be second seeds even if we qualify directly  We'd need to win the group or come second with a large points total.

I don't see 2nd or 3rd seeds being that different and both give you the chance to draw the League D or League C winner.    

I know quite a few England fans who have already booked their flights to Dublin for the Rof16.  Some have booked onward to Copenhagen just in case they are runners up.  We could be sharing those flights.

We just need to qualify somehow.  It would be awful to host the party and not get to participate. 

THIS Disapprove
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 11:50am
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Bear with me.

Assuming we qualify we already know Ireland and Spain would be allocated Group E. If Spain are top seeds and Ireland are for arguments sake second seeds does that mean we will be allocated slots E1 & E2 respectively?

If my thinking is correct it would mean both teams play each other on matchday 1 with the venue and time tbc.

Have I got that right?
I think Spain would be seeded 1 and Ireland 2, but the draw will decide which team gets E1, E2, E3 and E4. i.e. the draw decides who we play first, second and last, and whether we are at home or away v Spain. 

Gotcha Thumbs Up

Edited by colemanY2K - 10 Jul 2019 at 11:50am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:02am
Applied for the final for Cat 2. Saw the demand was super high for it overall (1.3M applicants). I checked the box that said I’d be open to Cat 1 or 3 as well. Would my chances go up if I just applied to Cat 1 outright vs Cat 2 with the option?
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 12:53pm
doubt it, I’d say they’ll do the cat 2 draw and if not successful you’ll go into cat 1 then. But if Cat1 isn’t oversubscribed you might just get that straight away? Hard to know but can’t see them giving you cheaper tickets and leaving higher unsold if you’ve said you’ll take dearer ones.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:15pm
I know last time around, the only chance you had of getting tickets in another category was if that category itself was not oversubscribed. So take for example the following situation:

Category 1, 10,000 tickets, 12,000 applicants
Category 2, 12,000 tickets, 12,000 applicants
Category 3, 12,000 tickets, 15,000 applicants
Category 4, 15,000 tickets, 30,000 applicants

Everyone who gets tickets will only get them in the category they applied for. Then take this situation:

Category 1, 10,000 tickets, 12,000 applicants
Category 2, 12,000 tickets, 10,000 applicants
Category 3, 12,000 tickets, 15,000 applicants
Category 4, 15,000 tickets, 30,000 applicants

Everyone who applied for category 2 in the first place will get a ticket, but everyone who applied for category 1 and category 3 who didn't get a ticket (5,000 people) will be entered into a draw for the remaining 2,000 category 2 tickets.

That's definitely how the euro 2016 draw was done. There's no guarantee this will be similar. It could be the case that all applicants for category 1, 2 and 3 will be entered into the category 2 draw, if they have ticked the box, so in the scenario above people who picked category 2 as first preference could miss out. It depends how they do it; it is not clear this time, it was last time.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 2:02pm
More than 19 million ticket applications received by UEFA for 1.5 million tickets!!! Shocked

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

More than 19 million ticket applications received by UEFA for 1.5 million tickets!!! Shocked

Always going to be a high amount given how spread out the tournament is.

Fingers crossed we're in it so everyone that applied now isn't stuck with tickets
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Wait for the "I havent missed a home game in over two hundred years and didnt get a ticket, but my mates sister who works for (pick multinational of your choice) got tickets for all the games...."
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 3:47pm
1.9 million applications for the final. 

Smile
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

1.9 million applications for the final. 

Smile
One of them is mine!

So would it be fair to say I'd have more chance of winning the Euromillions than getting a ticket for the final?  Certainly seems like it atm. Cry
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 5:45pm
You have a far greater chance of getting a ticket for the final than winning the euromillions

Edited by eboue16 - 16 Jul 2019 at 5:46pm
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Gravitas AFC View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravitas AFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 7:16pm
They take their time these UEFA folk!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 3:54pm
It could be another 2 to 3 weeks as per their website. After all there is 19 odd million applications to process. 
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 6:39pm
mid-August at the latest, they say on their website.
Might hear something next week?

I applied for Cat 3 for each of the four Dublin matches. Even if we're not there, I'm more than happy to go along to any European Championship match at the Aviva. Should be a great occasion no matter who's there.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 10:59pm
Yeah, I’m expecting emails to be out next week. Applied for some random weekends in Europe too which I’m keen to get planning if successful. Dublin games are more important but need no work.
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 1:43pm
Successful emails have begun.... 
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
johnvonp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnvonp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 1:52pm
Yep, got all two tickets for all three games in Dublin.

€750...
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 1:54pm
Unsuccessful Stern Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 44>
  Share Topic