You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 44>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoofy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

The way the random draw is structured, there is nothing to stop anybody applying for tickets to games on every day as you don't make any commitment to pay now, is that right?

This is going to massively inflate the draw numbers - I can actually see a lot not being taken up in this round (assuming they do the draw once only) with people firing in all sorts of random applications now and deciding later not to take them up when they have to pay. Might not be the case for Dublin but definitely other cities
I think alot of applicants are unaware that if you get your chosen games and you want to go ahead and purchase that you have to financially commit to all the games you applied for and not a selection of the games you applied for

Everyone should only apply for what you are willing to afford under the risk that we won't qualify. I'm just applying for Cat 3 for all the 4 Dublin games and for Fans First for the final despite the odds being low I will get any, no way I am committing to paying €125 or €180 for tickets to games at the Aviva that could end up being Hungary vs Bosnia

Edited by hoofy - 13 Jun 2019 at 7:38pm
Sponsored Links

CaroG View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaroG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 7:55pm
I'm thinking of applying for one Category 3 ticket for all of the Dublin games as if we didn't qualify might go to a few games. If successful in this application and if we qualify, would I still get a ticket via FAI and portal such as follow my team later on? Or would the fact that I got one originally from Uefa come against me? Would just rather be in a section with regular away trippers.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 7:56pm
If you get offered tickets can you turn them down?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by CaroG CaroG wrote:

I'm thinking of applying for one Category 3 ticket for all of the Dublin games as if we didn't qualify might go to a few games. If successful in this application and if we qualify, would I still get a ticket via FAI and portal such as follow my team later on? Or would the fact that I got one originally from Uefa come against me? Would just rather be in a section with regular away trippers.
You won't get one as far as I can tell. You'll already have a ticket against you so won't get another one 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 8:18pm
Exactly... if you have tickets for matches on the same day as Ireland ones, you won't get any other tickets.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 10:53pm
is the application for tickets on UEFA.com only open for certain times during the day(office hours?)went on there now to apply and can't see any platform to apply.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 11:00pm
I had an application in for tickets trough uefa but have decided to delete it after reading all this. I have a fairly Ok away record so I’ll take my chances with the FAI!!
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 9:48am
For 2012 & 2016 the FAI accounts were separate from your UEFA one.  I had the Warsaw semi final through UEFA and FMT to the final from the FAI which could have included the Warsaw SF. In 2016 I had the Lyon Rof16 game which ended up being the France match.  I also had a ticket via FMT.

I actually checked with the FAI and was told it was OK.  

It is certainly true that if you are allocated a Dublin ticket from UEFA you will not be able to buy a Bilbao ticket that day.  Even if you subsequently sell your Dublin ticket back via the portal I think you are often blocked (not certain here).  
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 10:16am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

For 2012 & 2016 the FAI accounts were separate from your UEFA one.  I had the Warsaw semi final through UEFA and FMT to the final from the FAI which could have included the Warsaw SF. In 2016 I had the Lyon Rof16 game which ended up being the France match.  I also had a ticket via FMT.

I actually checked with the FAI and was told it was OK.  

It is certainly true that if you are allocated a Dublin ticket from UEFA you will not be able to buy a Bilbao ticket that day.  Even if you subsequently sell your Dublin ticket back via the portal I think you are often blocked (not certain here).  
So if I want to apply for tickets for the three Dublin games in the open ballot, I could open an account in my wifes or one of my parents names and use their Credit Card. Then if I'm successful in that and we qualify, just apply for the Bilbao game on it's own under my own FAI account and hope I can shift the ticket for the Dublin game I won't be using.

If we don't qualify, I'd still go to the matches in Dublin except for an England RO16 game.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 10:26am
That could work... the only thing is that you have to supply details for every ticket applicant and give addresses & passport numbers.

When I've done it in the past, I've always used different addresses where possible and mixed up the passport number with a single typo, so no automated checks show it as the same person. e.g. if your passport number is PG3729502, put it in as PG37295O2, and no one will ever notice that the letter "O" is used instead of the number "0". If your passport has a 0 or 1 in it, change it to O or l (lower case "L") and you'll bypass all automated checks.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

That could work... the only thing is that you have to supply details for every ticket applicant and give addresses & passport numbers.

When I've done it in the past, I've always used different addresses where possible and mixed up the passport number with a single typo, so no automated checks show it as the same person. e.g. if your passport number is PG3729502, put it in as PG37295O2, and no one will ever notice that the letter "O" is used instead of the number "0". If your passport has a 0 or 1 in it, change it to O or l (lower case "L") and you'll bypass all automated checks.

For this phase you only need to give the main applicant details and no credit card details are required.  

So if you want to be extra careful get a partner of somebody else living in the house to apply.  

I would expect to still be able to apply to the FAI if say we are in Bilbao on this day next year (June 15th) even if I'm lucky enough to have a ticket for Dublin the same day.  

The one obvious caveat is that if we don't qualify it could be very tough to offload tickets.  
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 8:33pm

As expected demand is high for cat 3 tickets but appears to be OK for cat 2.

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 9:09pm
Didn't bother applying. 
Will take my chances with the associations allocation if we qualify. If not will probably pick up a ticket handy enough for any of the dublin games depending on who's playing 
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 7:43am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Didn't bother applying. 
Will take my chances with the associations allocation if we qualify. If not will probably pick up a ticket handy enough for any of the dublin games depending on who's playing 

Not if Ireland are playing
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 7:50am
That’s why it will be handy enough!
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 8:32am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Didn't bother applying. 

Not if Ireland are playing
Of course, but with a decent record with the FAI it'll be fine so I'm not worried about that.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 8:55am
But even with a good record, why wouldn’t you apply for tickets? What’s the downside?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 9:03am
Anyone getting a error message when they try to log in to the uefa portal? Have been unable to access my application since last night...changed the password but still no good. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 44>
  Share Topic