You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 44>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 5:44am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

hope the thing is cancelled and i get my refund 
Are they not offering refunds anyway? If this goes ahead next summer I can't see fans. Only chance is if they find a vaccine which is unlikely. 
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:11am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Are they not offering refunds anyway? If this goes ahead next summer I can't see fans. Only chance is if they find a vaccine which is unlikely. 

I can’t see the current format happening or full stadiums -

They will have to move it to one/two countries and with limited fans at the games.
They might even reduce the number of games by going straight to knockout. 36 games to eliminate 8 teams is a lot of mileage. 

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

They will have to move it to one/two countries and with limited fans at the games.
They might even reduce the number of games by going straight to knockout. 36 games to eliminate 8 teams is a lot of mileage. 

Less games = Less TV money so that won't happen
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:35am
Yea would be nice to get a refund, have had a couple of enquires from the Nordie fans about my tickets for the Dublin and Bilbao games, they have been told they are not for sale for Northern Ireland fans.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:37am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Yea would be nice to get a refund, have had a couple of enquires from the Nordie fans about my tickets for the Dublin and Bilbao games, they have been told they are not for sale for Northern Ireland fans.

Why wouldn't you sell to them?

If you get a refund and tickets go on resale who do you think is going to get them?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

If you get a refund and tickets go on resale who do you think is going to get them?

I'll be selling to opposition fans if I can. I'm ok with being petty.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:51am
Tickets should be fairly easy to get for the Dublin matches now. Will go if I can get one of the cheapest ones. I’d imagine Slovakia v Sweden won’t be a big draw for the average punter.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 9:55am
I have a polish mate so I can sell two of my 3 to him and maybe even go in to one or two for the atmosphere with him.
N.ireland/Slovakia vs. Sweden, sure there will be Slovaks and N.irish looking to buy
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 10:21am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I have a polish mate so I can sell two of my 3 to him and maybe even go in to one or two for the atmosphere with him.
N.ireland/Slovakia vs. Sweden, sure there will be Slovaks and N.irish looking to buy
The North definitely, I’m not so sure about Slovakia. No chance I’d go if the North qualify. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Less games = Less TV money so that won't happen

More games , more chance of getting C19, more players out... the winners will be the team that manages their bubble the best.

The big money is always the knock out games... viewing numbers go up each round. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 10:31am

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

I'll be selling to opposition fans if I can. I'm ok with being petty.

LOL

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 10:37am
Anyone that thinks this tournament will take place as currently planned with full stadiums spread all over Europe is living in cloud cuckoo land. Not a hope LOL

I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 10:42am
Coming out of a harsh winter period of the pandemic the authorites are not going to want mass travel all over Europe putting ourselves back into chaos.  I'm sceptical the tournament will go ahead at all and if it does there'll be no fans and may be hosted in one county.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Anyone that thinks this tournament will take place as currently planned with full stadiums spread all over Europe is living in cloud cuckoo land. Not a hope LOL

Agree, just some of the comments though LOL

in normal circumstances i would still go to the games I have tickets for even if it is the north that are playing

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 11:17am
I suspect it'll take place in a bubble or two like the Champions League did. 

Keep 2 groups to a city, so you've 4 bubbles, then bring them together to another bubble for knockouts.

Though after the Super Cup, I imagine they will try their best to get fans in. I can see them leaving it right up to next May to confirm which would be a balls for anyone trying to make a trip.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I suspect it'll take place in a bubble or two like the Champions League did. 

Keep 2 groups to a city, so you've 4 bubbles, then bring them together to another bubble for knockouts.

Though after the Super Cup, I imagine they will try their best to get fans in. I can see them leaving it right up to next May to confirm which would be a balls for anyone trying to make a trip.

Doubt it. They'll make a decision by February. Teams will have to find new training venues etc...
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 12:11pm

UEFA has guaranteed a refund if you want one: 

What happens to my tickets if I cannot attend the 2021 tournament?

If possible, we would suggest you wait until the match schedule for 2021 is confirmed. Once it is confirmed, you can then check if you are able to attend the 2021 tournament. 

After the new match schedule is published, you will be able to return your tickets and receive a full refund of the ticket price, should you be unable to attend the postponed tournament.

Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2020 at 12:29pm
This tournament will almost certainly played in a small bubble like the Champions League mini tournament. A country like Spain or Germany will have to step up and host.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 44>
  Share Topic