You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 44>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:22pm
Why can’t we get Holland Russia or Denmark?
Sponsored Links

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

Co hosts, host cities were paired ie Dublin and Bilbao
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Co hosts, host cities were paired ie Dublin and Bilbao

Forgot that. The draw is going to be very simple.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by jamie2905 jamie2905 wrote:

I see the pots have been determined for the euros 
Dublin group will be
Spain
?
?
Winner of playoff B
So the two blank spaces will be filled by 
France
Croatia
Holland
Poland
Swiss
Russia 

Portugal
Turkey
Denmark
Austria
Sweden
Czech
If we don’t qualify be great to get France and Portugal in the Dublin group, if we do I suppose Russia and the Czechs would be the weakest.

If we qualify, Ireland would play Spain as stated, along with one team from France, Poland, Switzerland or Croatia. 

The other team in the group would be one of Portugal, Turkey, Austria, Sweden or Czech Republic. 
A potential group with Spain, France and Portugal Ouch 
Cliftonville7Ireland View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliftonville7Ireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 11:15pm
Super optimistic but I’ve  managed to secure category 3 tickets on buy and sell groups for both last 16 games we could be involved in either first place(glasgow) or second place (Copenhagen) by the way I know we could still get through in third place. Flying from Dublin-Copenhagen 
Copenhagen-London
London-Edinburgh 
Glasgow-Belfast for 160£ in all
If we qualify or not will be some time😀😀

Edited by Cliftonville7Ireland - 23 Nov 2019 at 11:16pm
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 1:54pm
Got offered Cat 1 tickets today through the UEFA portal for the two games in Dublin we would be in if we qualified

If I follow through and buy these, could it effect me picking up tickets in the FAI allocation if we qualified? UEFA records would show I already have a ticket for the game
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 2:08pm
will you be touting the spares

Edited by Missy - 30 Jan 2020 at 2:08pm
All opinions are my own and have f**k all to do with Mullingar RISSC CRISC Ticket Office or the FAI
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

will you be touting the spares

I applied for them on the off chance we qualify and the FAI dont use away records to distribute tickets and instead allocate a ticket to each ST holder or something along those lines

I'd be hoping to get a Follow My Team ticket through FAI but wanted to make sure this wouldn't affect it

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Got offered Cat 1 tickets today through the UEFA portal for the two games in Dublin we would be in if we qualified

If I follow through and buy these, could it effect me picking up tickets in the FAI allocation if we qualified? UEFA records would show I already have a ticket for the game
Yes you wouldn't qualify for FAI allocation as they cross check with UEFA, uefa will already see the games in your name so will discard you from FAI allocation for those games.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 2:53pm
Will these tickets count as an away record??

Just got offered for the 2 games for the 2nd time, seems to be easy enough or I've just been very jammy!

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 30 Jan 2020 at 2:53pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Just got offered for the 2 games for the 2nd time, seems to be easy enough or I've just been very jammy!
No, tournament tickets dont count for away records.You've also been given them by uefa, nothing to do with fai. Just means you wont be able to apply through the fai allocation for those 2 games that's all.
Just comes down to if you want to spend the money now taking the risk that we qualify, if not you'll get rid easily enough depending on who qualifies

Either that or wait it out and if your record is good then you've a chance with the fai allocation for the games if we qualify. 

Edited by wanderer - 30 Jan 2020 at 4:11pm
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 4:00pm

Why would you need the same tickets from the FAI?

You wouldn't be excluded from any other games.  There is no FMT this time but done on a game by game basis so better for those who lets say couldn't make a quarter final.  So if we qualified you could still get Spain in Bilbao, conditional rof16, cond QF, cond SF and cond Final.  

Your call on buying them.  If we don't make it I would be amazed if you couldn't offload the Poland one.  Sweden might be a bit trickier if Slovakia or Bosnia.  Worst case you get a good day out if you cannot offload the Sweden ones.  
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

No, tournament tickets dont count for away records.You've also been given them by uefa, nothing to do with fai. Just means you wont be able to apply through the fai allocation for those 2 games that's all.
Just comes down to if you want to spend the money now taking the risk that we qualify, if not you'll get rid easily enough depending on who qualifies

Either that or wait it out and if your record is good then you've a chance with the fai allocation for the games if we qualify. 

I'm defo going to take them. €310 for 2 tickets is very steep but it will be worth every penny if we qualify.

I'd even go to 1 of the games if we don't make it.
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 4:22pm

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

I'm defo going to take them. €310 for 2 tickets is very steep but it will be worth every penny if we qualify.

I'd even go to 1 of the games if we don't make it.

That's the thing they're steep alright. Personally if we dont qualify I wont be too bothered about going or not. Just a matter of preference really, but if you needed to sell them you should be able to, especially if its NI or Poland for example.
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

You wouldn't be excluded from any other games.  There is no FMT this time but done on a game by game basis so better for those who lets say couldn't make a quarter final.  So if we qualified you could still get Spain in Bilbao, conditional rof16, cond QF, cond SF and cond Final.  

Your call on buying them.  If we don't make it I would be amazed if you couldn't offload the Poland one.  Sweden might be a bit trickier if Slovakia or Bosnia.  Worst case you get a good day out if you cannot offload the Sweden ones.  

Ah ok, I get you. I was presuming there would be a full Follow My Team ticket, similar to previous tournaments, which covered the Group stage and all knockouts.

I suppose with 4 out of the last 8 aways I'd have been hopeful of getting cheaper Cat 2 or Cat 3 tickets through the FAI, instead of having to shell out €185 for a CAT 1

Edited by belt - 30 Jan 2020 at 4:55pm
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 5:07pm

Ah ok, I get you. I was presuming there would be a full Follow My Team ticket, similar to previous tournaments, which covered the Group stage and all knockouts.

I suppose with 4 out of the last 8 aways I'd have been hopeful of getting cheaper Cat 2 or Cat 3 tickets through the FAI, instead of having to shell out €185 for a CAT 1

To be honest I dont see why you wouldnt get one from them. Based on the current split there should be 6500 between independent supporters and supporters clubs for Dublin and Bilbao.
There would be uproar if they deviated from the current split and the model of previous tournaments where regular away supporters were given priority.

All about if you want to secure one now albeit at the higher cost of the one uefa have offered you.

Edited by wanderer - 30 Jan 2020 at 5:09pm
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 5:19pm

Whatever happened for your ticket for all scheme gspain? I suppose he could offload the tickets to a relation as easy since you are preaching about buying tickets regardless and selling them onto the participating teams if we don't qualify. If he is entitled to his tickets through the fai then no reason he shouldn't get them. Its not like he's harvesting them for the tournament.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Whatever happened for your ticket for all scheme gspain? I suppose he could offload the tickets to a relation as easy since you are preaching about buying tickets regardless and selling them onto the participating teams if we don't qualify. If he is entitled to his tickets through the fai then no reason he shouldn't get them. Its not like he's harvesting them for the tournament.

I was suggesting to people to buy them before the playoffs as they will be really difficult to get if we qualify.  It is up to them whether to go or not if we do not make it.  I believe it would be very easy to offload Poland if we miss out.  Probably Sweden as well but harder.  So low risk although your money will be tied up for a while.  

This time I have heard there are cross-checks to see who has tickets via the general public portal. So if he buys them he is excluded from buying them from the FAI.  It could be a problem for anyone with Sweden v Poland tickets.  Some England fans with great records were excluded from some of their games as they had other tickets that clashed.  

I don't think anyone knows how the FAI would distribute tickets if we qualify.  

My advice would be to take them.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 44>
  Share Topic