You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 tickets REFUNDS etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 44>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

There is one potentially dodgy issue: if five host teams end up in the playoffs, what happens then when the final draw is made in December 2019, before the playoffs? They can't leave the whole thing open til after the playoffs in March, can they? But they can't leave open the possibility of a host not playing at home either....

It is really quite unlikely that of the 12 teams there will be 5 in the playoffs; that is mostly because Romania, Hungary and Azerbaijan are quite unlikely to be in the playoffs if they don't qualify automatically. However, it could happen and it could be messy if it did. All very unlikely though.

Five is the problem as you say.  Otherwise they will schedule the 4 playoff winners for the four hosts and redraw as needs be.  Five hosts means a 4th seed in the draw could be drawn in say Bucharest in December and then moved to Glasgow in April.

Azerbaijan won't make a playoff barring some huge shocks. However Romania are 32nd so there are 12 playoff places open if all 20 automatic qualifiers are higher ranked teams.  I reckon they will get one.  Kosovo are the problem really.  

Scotland are guaranteed a playoff and very likely to be in one.  Hungary might qualify directly but otherwise are likely to be in the playoffs.  We could as well.  

So Scotland, Hungary, Romania and us/Denmark is realistic.

The only other host I can see that might be in the playoffs are the Dutch.  I think they will qualify directly ahead of Northern Ireland but there is a decent chance.      
Sponsored Links

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 9:05pm
This tournament really is as confusing as it could get isn't it.

Every time I think i get it, there's a new curveball
peterbelfast View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterbelfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 10:41am
Got an email offering me tickets for all the games in Bilbao, assuming because I was unsucessfull with request for there 
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 10:43am
I got an email too. All cat 1 group games in dublin are available.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 12:16pm
I got no email from them originally and queried why with them and they basically said those next in line from the lottery got emails. My read of it was they couldn’t send to everyone as it would be too many people trying to get in so they used some kind of lottery to send the second chance emails too. Maybe with tickets still remaining they are now doing another batch of second opportunities.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 1:04pm
What are the Bilbao games looking like. Are there Cat 3s left?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 1:08pm
Still no email received. Very frustrating.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

What are the Bilbao games looking like. Are there Cat 3s left?

There were for MD1 & MD3 but not for MD2.  Not sure if still available.  Both days have games in Dublin so you would be excluded from buying Dublin tickets on those dates.  Of Course you could buy 2 for Bilbao and have a mate buy 2 for Dublin and both be covered then.  

There were no cat 3s for the Rof16 either btw.

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 12:26pm
Should we qualify, what date do people think we will play in Bilbao ? My hunch is the middle game on the 20th June. Any thoughts ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Should we qualify, what date do people think we will play in Bilbao ? My hunch is the middle game on the 20th June. Any thoughts ?

We might not play in Bilbao at all.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 12:30pm
Only if Spain don't qualify...which is unlikely
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 12:37pm
My understanding is if both teams qualify automatically then there’s a draw to decide who is at home. If one qualifies via the traditional method and the other qualifies via the playoff then the team who qualified automatically is at home.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 12:38pm
[QUOTE=Cabra Hoop]Only if Spain don't qualify...which is unlikely[/QUOTE

If we both qualify automatically its a draw to see where the game is played,  so may be 3 games in Dublin.

If we qualify via the play offs (and Spain automatically) then its in Bilbao]
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

My understanding is if both teams qualify automatically then there’s a draw to decide who is at home. If one qualifies via the traditional method and the other qualifies via the playoff then the team who qualified automatically is at home.
My understanding is that the higher seeded host plays 3 at home.Open to correction on thst.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 12:41pm

Will the hosts play their games at home?

Every qualified host would be guaranteed two home games in the group phase, but there would be no such guarantee for the knockout stage. Host nations that qualify will be automatically placed in the following groups. If both paired nations qualify, a draw will be held to determine which is at home in their direct encounter.

From the Uefa website

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 11:26am
I just seen on twitter the English FA announced what their allocation for tickets will be for each game in the tournament and for every ground they could play in.

Allocation for Dublin is only going to be 5000 tickets for their fans (don't include their football family in this) and their potential allocation for bilbao will be 8000

They also include a line from UEFA saying fans will be restricted to tickets for 7 matches in the tournament so be interesting to see how strict they are on this
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 1:51pm
I see the pots have been determined for the euros 
Dublin group will be
Spain
?
?
Winner of playoff B
So the two blank spaces will be filled by 
France
Croatia
Holland
Poland
Swiss
Russia 

Portugal
Turkey
Denmark
Austria
Sweden
Czech
If we don’t qualify be great to get France and Portugal in the Dublin group, if we do I suppose Russia and the Czechs would be the weakest.
jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Adobolo Adobolo wrote:

I see the pots have been determined for the euros 
Dublin group will be
Spain
?
?
Winner of playoff B
So the two blank spaces will be filled by 
France
Croatia
Holland
Poland
Swiss
Russia 

Portugal
Turkey
Denmark
Austria
Sweden
Czech
If we don’t qualify be great to get France and Portugal in the Dublin group, if we do I suppose Russia and the Czechs would be the weakest.

If we qualify, Ireland would play Spain as stated, along with one team from France, Poland, Switzerland or Croatia. 

The other team in the group would be one of Portugal, Turkey, Austria, Sweden or Czech Republic. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 44>
  Share Topic