You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 4:59pm
I was unclear, I was only talking about the conditions on matchday.

I do recall it being rotten for the fans game the day before.
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 5:03pm
At kick off in the game we won it was stinking. Pretty sure it was 27 degrees with disgusting humidity. My jersey was glued to me. Can't remember the last time weirdly.

Edited by colemanY2K - 05 Dec 2018 at 5:04pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
howieb View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 6:40pm
That's flights booked to Copenhagen for me and my son , worry about tickets in May. Be a break from the Mrs anyway Big smile
Green rebel View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 7:05pm
I never been to Georgia might try it next year,what's the beer like there?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Green rebel Green rebel wrote:

cheap Clap
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 7:12pm
I
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by Green rebel Green rebel wrote:

cheap Clap

LOL very good 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 12:50pm
Some decent games on tonight-

Belgium v Russia 
Dutch v Belarus
Austria v Poland

Those over for the Ireland match can start early

Kaz v Scotland at 3
Huge game Cyprus v Sam Marino at 5

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 2:28pm
Have to root for a lot of the favorites. Want to be guaranteed a Nations League backdoor playoff for Euro qualification. 
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Have to root for a lot of the favorites. Want to be guaranteed a Nations League backdoor playoff for Euro qualification. 

Kazakhstan beating the Scots is a good result for us even if I have a soft spot for them. We should be rooting for all the League A and B teams to qualify. 
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 6:11pm
Edit: Wrong thread

Edited by Denis Irwin - 21 Mar 2019 at 6:14pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

What happens if norn iron come  3rd and we come 3rd. Who has better ranking?

We are ranked one spot above them
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Crap senior Crap senior wrote:

What happens if norn iron come  3rd and we come 3rd. Who has better ranking?

We do. 

We finished on two points, they finished on zero in the Nations League.
BucksburnDandy View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BucksburnDandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

Kazakhstan beating the Scots is a good result for us even if I have a soft spot for them. We should be rooting for all the League A and B teams to qualify. 

No matter if you have a sh*te campaign, you'll not get close to that level of shambles we endured today. Truly is death by a thousand cuts being Scottish
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:18pm
Lots of positive results so far for us in terms of getting a Euro 2020 playoff spot (Hopefully we won’t need it 🙏). Croatia beating Azerbaijan and Slovakia beating Hungary are great for us as they are both League A and B teams. The draw between Israel and Slovenia is another positive as both teams couldn’t really take advantage of Austria home defeat to fellow League B side Poland. The Scots humiliation to Kazakhstan makes it highly likely both Belgium and Russia will qualify. The draw between Bulgaria and Montenegro today is another good result as we would like Czech Republic and England to qualify. Though Kosovo is a solid dark horse in that group. 
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:26am
If all the league A teams qualify, are the 4 best league B teams who haven't qualified put into League A, or are they in the league B qualifier and the next best four unqualified teams in the league A qualifier? 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:29am
Also - guessing we want Spain to win their group so they are a top seeded team given we'd get them as they're hosting. Would be nice for them to completely miss out, but being realistic. 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 7:04am

If all the league A teams qualify, are the 4 best league B teams who haven't qualified put into League A, or are they in the league B qualifier and the next best four unqualified teams in the league A qualifier? 

For arguments sake if the 20 teams that qualify are all from League A and B( let’s assume it’s 12 teams from League A and 8 from League B) then the 4 remaining League B teams would go into the League B playoff and the next 4 highest teams from League C would go into the League A playoff. Essentially you won’t get penalized for your ranking as Ireland will only be moved up to League A if there is already 4 higher ranked teams in the league B playoff. So in the scenario that a Portugal misses out it’s highly likely that they’ll be up against League C and very lowly ranked League B teams in the playoffs. Complicated I know 😂 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

For arguments sake if the 20 teams that qualify are all from League A and B( let’s assume it’s 12 teams from League A and 8 from League B) then the 4 remaining League B teams would go into the League B playoff and the next 4 highest teams from League C would go into the League A playoff. Essentially you won’t get penalized for your ranking as Ireland will only be moved up to League A if there is already 4 higher ranked teams in the league B playoff. So in the scenario that a Portugal misses out it’s highly likely that they’ll be up against League C and very lowly ranked League B teams in the playoffs. Complicated I know 😂 

Thank you! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162>
  Share Topic