Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 62>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 12:39pm
We got what we deserve. The team seem bereft of confidence and are no longer doing the basics like pressing the opposition. A fresh start is needed...all eyes on JD now.

Edited by colemanY2K - 17 Nov 2018 at 12:45pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 12:40pm
Best case scenario for us IMO providing we get a new manager (unlikely)

Switzerland
Austria
Ireland
Estonia
Luxembourg 
Gibraltar 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Switzerland
Austria
Ireland
Estonia
Luxembourg 
Gibraltar 
Even the likes of Estonia and Luxembourg would probably fancy their chances against us (remember Luxembourg taking 4 points off NI only a few years ago).

We used to be the team no-one wanted to play against. Now MON is turning us into the team everyone wants to play against.Ouch
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 12:46pm

Switzerland
Austria
Ireland
Estonia
Luxembourg 
Gibraltar 
Third at best, even if we get Guardiola in. I can only presume that this is JD's reasoning for not paying him off.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Switzerland
Austria
Ireland
Estonia
Luxembourg 
Gibraltar 
Third at best, even if we get Guardiola in. I can only presume that this is JD's reasoning for not paying him off.
Persuade Guardiola to ditch the Man City job for us? More chance of us all winning the lottery. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Switzerland
Austria
Ireland
Estonia
Luxembourg 
Gibraltar 
Persuade Guardiola to ditch the Man City job for us? More chance of us all winning the lottery. LOL
Well done, you kind of got the point.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 1:08pm

Switzerland
Austria
Ireland
Estonia
Luxembourg 
Gibraltar 
Best case scenario imho for pot 1 team is England as prob only team that fill out Aviva which gives money to Fai to get rid of ONeill. They’ll also beat everyone else in the group + as only 2 hosts countries can be in 1 group we avoid Denmark.

Edited by Dalymount79 - 17 Nov 2018 at 1:09pm
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 1:23pm
No matter who we draw I don't think we'll qualify. No play-off route, so we have to take points off the top 2. Looks very, very unlikely with the downward progression we are on.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

We got what we deserve. The team seem bereft of confidence and are no longer doing the basics like pressing the opposition. A fresh start is needed...all eyes on JD now.
As much as I admire your dedication Coleman , I don't think Jack Daniels will solve our current situation.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 1:39pm

Switzerland
Austria
Ireland
Estonia
Luxembourg 
Gibraltar 
And I thought he was a highly ambitious football man.

Edited by PanteirA - 17 Nov 2018 at 1:40pm
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

No matter who we draw I don't think we'll qualify. No play-off route, so we have to take points off the top 2. Looks very, very unlikely with the downward progression we are on.

there is a playoff route if we fail to finish top two - we just have to hope a large majority of the Nations League Section B teams qualify from their Euro groups also (not wholly unlikely)

taking some points against Denmark might be the difference between a 1-legged tie at home or a 1-legged tie away to somewhere like Turkey, so hopefully Denmark rest some players now they have qualified
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 4:09pm
wouldn't want to play Austria from pot 2. Rather Iceland or Czech Rep

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 4:11pm
Goodness i feel so low at the moment all i wish we get someone away in the sunshine in June or September . We are not going to to the euros with our present management team no matter who we get . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 8:51pm
Clutching at straws here but if Wales and Denmark qualify automatically do we get the playoff spot from our group in the NL I know wales will get it if Denmark qualify automatically and they need it but does it fall to the relegated team I wonder .
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 8:55pm
No it does not just read it there goes to next best ranked team that has not qualified
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 10:21pm
so in League B

the teams who finish top are ranked by performance 1-4
the teams who finish 2nd are ranked by performance 5-8
and the bottom teams ranked 9-12

we need to beat Denmark so we finish as high up in that 9-12 band as possible to give us the best possible chance of achieving a playoff should we need it. We have to assume a lot of the other league B sides will qualify automatically given that they will be seeded 2nd in the qualifying
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

we need to beat Denmark so we finish as high up in that 9-12 band as possible to give us the best possible chance of achieving a playoff should we need it.

Forget it. The team have no confidence under that overpaid spoofer of a manager and can't even get a shot on target these days. 
The only way is up
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 10:45pm
Are we not better being beaten in Denmark then? Then, if we get to a playoff, we will at least be beaten by a better class of opposition.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 62>
  Share Topic