Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EURO 2020 qualifiers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Made my opinions abundantly clear over on the TAMB 

I hope for the good of our country and his own health (he is clearly not a well man) that Alex McLeish will do the right thing and hand in his resignation whatever the result of the San Marino game.

Why he had ye playing some decent stuff during the nations league didnt he? However i did look at this game over the last few days and think ye would lose. I didnt get to the bookies in time to back kaz. It was 2 nil by the time i got there. I was raging. Whats this i heard about players pulling out cause of the plastic pitch? If that happened with our players we would be mad with rage. 
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 11:30pm

Snodgrass, Ritchie, Tierney, Robertson, McArthur, S Fletcher, Fraser, Paterson, McGregor
All scottish players missing for one reason or another. Some decent players there. All the managers fault? Me dont think so. Seen that list on TAMB.

Edited by doherty - 21 Mar 2019 at 11:31pm
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I really thought this was a different Scotland. Some seriously good players in their squad and better players than us but they were a disgrace today. I’d be fuming if I were Scottish. Very similar to when Cyprus beat us 5-2. 

Robertson and Fraser are probably our best players but Robbo was out with a dental abscess and as for Fraser, Bournemouth have been utter kunts regarding him and the national team, they pull him out of squads frequently. 

Armstrong is not bad for us but I think the lack of game time recently at Southampton shows at present. We missed Christie too.

A lot of fans are criticising Scott McKenna for today and he did play badly but they ignore the fact he's playing after suffering a bad injury at the weekend which probably should have ruled him out. McKenna is a lad who really does enjoy playing for Scotland and has probably naively played when he shouldn't have.

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Why he had ye playing some decent stuff during the nations league didnt he? However i did look at this game over the last few days and think ye would lose. I didnt get to the bookies in time to back kaz. It was 2 nil by the time i got there. I was raging. Whats this i heard about players pulling out cause of the plastic pitch? If that happened with our players we would be mad with rage. 

We played fairly well against Albania home and away and Israel at home but apart from that it's been dire. 

Bournemouth didn't want Fraser playing on the plastic and Cardiff didn't want Paterson playing on it either. McLeish just gave in to them rather than doing his job and saying "get f**ked" like he should have.

Sheffield Wednesday also did one on us. Gave Steven Fletcher injections for ages and then scheduled an operation for the international break. Thanks ye pricks.

It was the same for the South American tour when half the original squad pulled out after "talks with the clubs", he's terrified of upsetting them. The actions of a coward.

The players don't respect him and it shows. 

And watch him being interviewed. My God, look at the state of him, he is not well and should be getting help and not managing a football team under huge pressure. Not a very PC thing to say, a few didn't like me saying it over on the TAMB, but it's the ugly truth.

Snodgrass, Ritchie, Tierney, Robertson, McArthur, S Fletcher, Fraser, Paterson, McGregor

All scottish players missing for one reason or another. Some decent players there. All the managers fault? Me dont think so. Seen that list on TAMB.

Robert Snodgrass it's rumoured had a bust up with McLeish after the Israel away game. 

Matt Ritchie is no loss, he was poor at international level and had a bad attitude. 

James McArthur was hit and miss at international level, one great game followed by a piss poor one. 

Alan McGregor is a **** of a man without a shadow of a doubt but he's also a damn good goalkeeper. We will be hard pressed to replace him.

Tierney, Robertson, Fraser are all big losses. 

Paterson is not a great player but still handy because of the amount of positions he can play and his energy. Cardiff didn't want him playing on the plastic and McLeish bent over backwards for them.

Steven Fletcher is I think overrated by many of my fellow fans but I have to admit that with Griffiths unavailable (feck knows whats happening there) and Steven Naismith injured, we have to pick him and as I said Wednesday f**ked us over with the injections and operation.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 11:56pm
Thats a lot of decent players tho to be missing. These players should want to play for scotland ni matter who the manager is. Thats one thing we would pride ourselves on(apart from a few wee bust ups under oneill and keane). Its poor from them. Your fcuked in this group now tho.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 12:18am

Thats a lot of decent players tho to be missing. These players should want to play for scotland ni matter who the manager is. Thats one thing we would pride ourselves on(apart from a few wee bust ups under oneill and keane). Its poor from them. Your fcuked in this group now tho.

Of course we're f**ked. Completely. Got the good SFA's "jobs for the boys" policy to thank on that front. 

In their defence some of them do care. 

Robertson is always up for the internationals but the dental problame was bad luck, he might rejoin the squad for the San Marino game. Kieren Tierney flew out to Kazakstan only to be ruled out. And I've always been impressed with Stuart Armstrong, Scott McKenna and Calum McGregor's commitment.

Since the end of the Craigie Broon reign, although far from being world beaters we always could count on Christian Dailly (who would run through a brick wall for Scotland), Kenny Miller, Gary Caldwell, Graham Alexander, Gary Naysmith, Paul Hartley, Shaun Maloney, Alan Hutton and James Morrison to turn up regularly and give it a go, even if we got beat.

The players of course should take a bloody good look at themselves the manager is incapable and should be replaced with someone who could inspire the players (particularly te younger ones) and stand up to the clubs.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 7:58pm
The Czechs think having no good players at the moment is just part of a cycle? They've been complete rubbish for at least 15 years now.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 8:41pm
Surely that was obstruction, which would be an indirect free-kick and not a penalty.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 9:14pm
Sterling hat trick. Daily Heil goes into Meltdown LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 9:30pm
Lithuania getting beaten 2-1 by Luxembourg 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 9:35pm
How do these teams in all england groups just roll over at wembley. Yes they are a good side but im positive as bad as we are at the moment we would give it a good go. Id still always fancy our chances against them. Must be boring been an england supporter. Yes they generally win but its just boring. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Didn't Graham Taylor once relate a story of how when he was England manager, having an argument with a "Combat 18" type who said "goals scored by black players don't count" ? 

Now top of their group and above Portugal ........... albeit after only one game. Still, go on Luxembourg Clap

Edited by ErsatzThistle - 22 Mar 2019 at 10:30pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 10:34pm

Didn't Graham Taylor once relate a story of how when he was England manager, having an argument with a "Combat 18" type who said "goals scored by black players don't count" ? 

Now top of their group and above Portugal ........... albeit after only one game. Still, go on Luxembourg Clap

Yep think Taylor touches on it in "Do I Not Like That"  

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 10:42pm

I knew a fella from West Cork who didn't count Rooney's goals for Manchester United for the first two seasons. Manchester United shouldn't be signing lads who come from Liverpool, apparently.I think he stopped being scouse after the second season, it might have been earlier or later. 
To be fair to the lad in question, he is one of the maddest lads I have ever met and tremendous fun, but sense rarely enters into the equation with him. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I knew a fella from West Cork who didn't count Rooney's goals for Manchester United for the first two seasons. Manchester United shouldn't be signing lads who come from Liverpool, apparently.I think he stopped being scouse after the second season, it might have been earlier or later. 
To be fair to the lad in question, he is one of the maddest lads I have ever met and tremendous fun, but sense rarely enters into the equation with him. 

Wonder if he knew that Matt Busby was a Liverpool player for five years LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 11:08pm
Why didn’t Sterling reveal the t shirt tribute to the young fella who died after his first goal I wonder?
Must have fancied himself to get another 
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 11:27pm

I was in lansdowne when they went 1-0 up against us in 1987 in Euro 88 qualifiers. Thankfully we ended up 2-1 winners 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 11:28pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Wonder if he knew that Matt Busby was a Liverpool player for five years LOL
He knew the history alright and we had that very conversation one night, the details of which are sketchy as there was cider and other vitamin supplements involved, but I do remember a long winded and nonsensical answer that I assume made perfect sense to him.
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 5:19pm
Malta currently top of Group F LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
  Share Topic