Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020: Group F GER, FRA, HUN, POR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro 2020: Group F GER, FRA, HUN, POR
    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 7:59am
Brilliant group. I expect the winners of the tournament to come from here and possibly 2 finalists. 

Can Hungry better Ireland’s record from 2012???  

Sponsored Links

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 8:22am
Was looking at this group the other day thinking "how the hell did this happen in the draw". 

Pity 3 teams go through, would have been a great fight other than that. 

Prediction: All 3 teams to batter Hungary and a series of draws between the rest.
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 11:03am
Because its the 4 best 3rd place teams that go through I wouldn't necessarily assume that all 3 of these will qualify. If anyone slips up against Hungary and loses to the other 2, I'm looking at Germany for this, then it's curtains.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:13pm
The old catchphrase "NEVER RIGHT OFF THE GERMANS"

I think they'll finish 2nd and then hopefully knock out the English, if they manage to top the group
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:30pm
Can’t trust Jogi Loew to get it right.

Reckon they will go with a back five with Goosens and Kimmich as wing backs, Kimmich is one of the best midfielders in the world but he’s brilliantly versatile so will free up room for Kroos and either Gundogan/Goretzka in midfield.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 2:37pm
Ah I thought only the top 2 went through (shows how much attention I was paying).
I think Die Mannschaft will be in a win or bust vs Hungary in the last game.

Got ticket for the game on Tuesday so there will be a least one Irish fan in with the Germans. Didn't bring them any luck in Moscow vs Mexico

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 12:54pm
Cancelo has covid and is replaced in the squad by Diogo Dalot
Does that mean he’s out of the tournament?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yes 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yes 

Ffs I hope this is a one off and doesn’t keep happening throughout the tournament.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 2:35pm
Not ideal for my Portugal bet.

Will be a big miss.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 4:17pm
cancelo's defensive qualities are suspect so might not be as big a loss in that department as some think. offensively portugal have enough quality to make up for his loss.  
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 7:03am
Looking forward to tonight’s games.

Portugal should beat Hungry by a few goals. I want to see Bruno will a penalty and then fight Ronnie to take it. 

Let’s see how good France are. 

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 1:23pm
You get a 30 minute slot to be in the stadium.
Playing havoc with our pre match planning as our slot is 8 - 30 but other lads 6 to 6.30
Luckily we can stay in the biergarten rather than hrs of alcohol free Heino

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 3:37pm
2-2 tonight 🇩🇪
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 5:04pm
Anyone got a stream that isn't RTE Player?
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 5:25pm
Great to see a full house in Budapest. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 5:25pm
Surprised Portugal have went with two defensive midfielders, would have like to have seen Renato Sanches in for Carvalho and Joao Felix for Jota.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Surprised Portugal have went with two defensive midfielders, would have like to have seen Renato Sanches in for Carvalho and Joao Felix for Jota.
I  assume they want to have their system in place for games against France & Germany, and later in competition. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic