Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020: Group D CRO, CZP, ENG, SCO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro 2020: Group D CRO, CZP, ENG, SCO
    Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 7:54am
England and Croatia will easily qualify. 

Sponsored Links

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 8:26am
Lots of storylines in this group.

England/Scotland rivalry
Rematch of 2018 WC Semifinal between England/Croatia
Scotland/Czechs has some bad blood from the Rangers/Slavia racism this season

Tough to see past and England/Croatia 1-2 but Czechs may be a surprise team. Their West Ham lads had a great season, as did Slavia Prague in Europe knocking off Leicester etc
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 9:39am
the weather could be a big factor on Sunday. the heatwave in London is about to crank up a notch with temps up to 30 degrees forecasted on Sunday.

Edited by colemanY2K - 11 Jun 2021 at 9:41am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 10:47am
I dont think it will be that easy for the Croatians, I think the English will win all 3 games and the other 2 will cause trouble, I reckon Scotland might sneak out in second
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:19pm
I think Scotland playing at Hampden could see them sneak through.

England should finish top but you know how England usually fall apart if they're hyped up.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:22pm
Definitely more hype around England this time than there was in 2018, but even at that I get the vibe its cautious enough. On paper, I think England have consistent quality (apart from between the sticks), but I'd still fancy France or Portugal in a tight one.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:26pm
If England lose or even draw the first match the media are going to crack the pressure up to unbearable levels. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

If England lose or even draw the first match the media are going to crack the pressure up to unbearable levels. 

This.

England obviously have one of the best forwards (in Kane) in the competition. I think they'll rely heavily on Set Pieces again as they did in the World Cup.

I just don't see the likes of France,Germany, Portugal even Croatia and Czech Rep looking at England and thinking they couldn't find gaps in the England defence.

Hey I'd even say Scotland might fancy themselves against them. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:42pm
Ya England really need to win the first game. If they don't the second match against Scotland will be real pressure cooker stuff. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Have being saying this. The really need to beat the Croats on Sunday. If they don't huge pressure on them going into the Scotland game
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Definitely more hype around England this time than there was in 2018, but even at that I get the vibe its cautious enough. On paper, I think England have consistent quality (apart from between the sticks), but I'd still fancy France or Portugal in a tight one.

MOTD last night, none of them thought England would win it (surprisingly enough).

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

MOTD last night, none of them thought England would win it (surprisingly enough).

The GK and CB’s are not good enough to win a major tournament.
They certainly have the strength and depth up front and with Foden and Grealish have creative players. 

Thankfully it’s not coming home. 

Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 12:09pm
you underestimate our backline. We have 5 European finalist players at the back. James walker shaw stones chilwell in the champions league and europa league maguire would have been captain in the Europa League final.  White is a very composed defender. Alot better than mings, who is a bombscare but he did captain villa. Coady is wolves captain.  Pickford had a better season than rui patricio.  Lloris isn't the same keeper he was 5 years ago. Portugal for example are relying on 2 38 year old defenders alongside dias. No pace. Belgiums defence is past its best.  Germany are desperate for good defenders so much they recalled hummels after 3 years away. Italy have 2 defenders in their mid 30s. England's defence isn't as bad as people make out 

Edited by Englishborn - 12 Jun 2021 at 12:09pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

you underestimate our backline. We have 5 European finalist players at the back. James walker shaw stones chilwell in the champions league and europa league maguire would have been captain in the Europa League final.  White is a very composed defender. Alot better than mings, who is a bombscare but he did captain villa. Coady is wolves captain.  Pickford had a better season than rui patricio.  Lloris isn't the same keeper he was 5 years ago. Portugal for example are relying on 2 38 year old defenders alongside dias. No pace. Belgiums defence is past its best.  Germany are desperate for good defenders so much they recalled hummels after 3 years away. Italy have 2 defenders in their mid 30s. England's defence isn't as bad as people make out 

I think England's defence is very decent, and it has a good protector in Rice in front of it. 

Patricio or Lloris are better keepers than Pickford.
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 1:24pm
I agree they were better keepers but lloris hasn't had a great season nor has patricio.  Pickford has been very good the second half of the season and has never made a mistake for England 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 2:02pm
England are massively overrated. They’ll be knocked out in last 16.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

I agree they were better keepers but lloris hasn't had a great season nor has patricio.  Pickford has been very good the second half of the season and has never made a mistake for England 

Where do you think England will finish?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 9:05pm
England too reliant on Harry Kane and Croatia too reliant on Luka Modric. Neither team will win the competition, but either could make the last 8. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
  Share Topic