You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2020 Dublin tickets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro 2020 Dublin tickets
    Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 1:19am
If we qualified for the euros, I'd assume the tickets for the Euro matches at home would be part of an overall Euro package rather than part of a season ticket?
And your chance for a ticket will be based on points earned from travelling to home and away games etc, similar how it is to other 'away game' allocation.

Reckon it's going to be absolute chaos when tickets and people getting shalfted when it comes around (if we qualify).
Sponsored Links

schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 10:14am
I've no doubt it will be chaos and that the event junkies will be well looked after before real  fans.

I also hope that in the event of us failing to qualify, Irish fans leave the tickets to fans of the competing teams and dont go along as neutrals. It would be a shame if thousands of fans travelled to Dublin to end up watching in a pub, or worse didnt come to Dublin at all because they had no tickets.

Edited by schillaci - 24 Sep 2017 at 10:15am
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 10:45am
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

I've no doubt it will be chaos and that the event junkies will be well looked after before real  fans.

I also hope that in the event of us failing to qualify, Irish fans leave the tickets to fans of the competing teams and dont go along as neutrals. It would be a shame if thousands of fans travelled to Dublin to end up watching in a pub, or worse didnt come to Dublin at all because they had no tickets.

I'm sure Dublin hoteliers will have their prices well inflated for these dates.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 10:53am
To be honest if our games are in Dublin il probably not even bother il Just watch it on the box. On another note did most genuine fans not get sorted for france assume 2020 will be the same.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 11:02am
Lansdowne Rd with 45k capaticy, 10k will go to sponsors and corporate so left with 35k, so each country would get 17500 each. Yep people would be coming out of the woodwork for it.
Hope fai4eva gets a ticket.
The dark side.. And the light
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Lansdowne Rd with 45k capaticy, 10k will go to sponsors and corporate so left with 35k, so each country would get 17500 each. Yep people would be coming out of the woodwork for it.
Hope fai4eva gets a ticket.

55% of which go to the 'football family' and 15% to anyone who can afford Abbey travel prices.
So that's 5,250 tickets for fans. It'll be some craic when the majority of ST holders get told to go feck themselves.
City Till I Die
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 8:03pm
I presume it'll go the same way any others Euros tickets are sold, through UEFA. FAI will have their allocation (similar to Euro 2016) for the regulars, everyone else will be on portals etc.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 8:19pm
Ruining the whole spirit of the tournament which half the fun is travelling to a country for two weeks at least where you mix with fans from all over Europe.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Ruining the whole spirit of the tournament which half the fun is travelling to a country for two weeks at least where you mix with fans from all over Europe.

Yeah proper buzz kill, il keep my dough for the next world cup hoping we qualify.
viduka9aus View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viduka9aus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 10:11am
yep, a disastrous idea this imo. 

--
Ooohh, Aaaahh, Paul McGrath, Say Ooh Ah Paul McGrath, Ooohh Aaaahh!!!
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 1:16pm

Sure when have Irish people ever shamelessly jumped on a sporting bandwagon in pursuit of a big day out? Unheard of!!
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by tony grealish tony grealish wrote:

Sure when have Irish people ever shamelessly jumped on a sporting bandwagon in pursuit of a big day out? Unheard of!!

I wouldn't be so sure it will happen. Didn't uefa fail to sell out the Europa league final a few years back at LR?!?!
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure it will happen. Didn't uefa fail to sell out the Europa league final a few years back at LR?!?!

True, it would need to be a glamour tie with a substantial bang of 'big event, big day out' off it. Latvia v Slovakia in a group game wouldn't get the time of day from people, but give our event junkies England v Germany in the last 16 and they'd be tripping over each other for tickets.
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 1:39pm
I vaguely remember when applying for Euro 2016 tickets in the original ballot for random stadia without knowing who would be playing that French fans could give their FFF membership number. Not sure if this meant that their ST holders got priority or had an allocation or what but can't see why they'd ask if not. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 2:02pm

I really cannot understand what your problem is with Irish people buying tickets for Euro 2020 games if we don't qualify. We'll never host the tournament outright so this is the only opportunity we'll ever have. I'll be applying for tickets regardless of if we qualify or not. Do you think that fans in other host countries don't buy tickets for games in their cities?

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 2:23pm
I doubt it would have anything to do with Season Ticket, Colum mentioned when the ticket for Euro 2016 were first released they initially went on sale locally something like 10% of stadium were you could buy say tickets for games in your location.

I'd imagine it would something similar this time round fro each of the locations. You could then if you didn't want ticket put them on the resale portal.

Edited by lassassinblanc - 25 Sep 2017 at 2:24pm
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 2:28pm
If we qualify for 2020 then demand will be off the scale for our games. 

If we don't qualify then we may struggle to sellout most games.  Dublin is not easily accessible.  Flights and hotels will go through the roof.

We could of course have Poland or Northern Ireland or England etc who would easily fill the Aviva but a Portugal v Bulgaria style fixture would have low demand.

I certainly plan on attending all games in Dublin unless we are playing elsewhere.    
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I really cannot understand what your problem is with Irish people buying tickets for Euro 2020 games if we don't qualify. We'll never host the tournament outright so this is the only opportunity we'll ever have. I'll be applying for tickets regardless of if we qualify or not. Do you think that fans in other host countries don't buy tickets for games in their cities?

Of course football fans here will apply for tickets. As you have noted, this happens in every host country and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I'm just not a fan of the horrendous event junkie culture we have developed here in Ireland. I'd hate to see regular match going supporters from here and from the competing nations miss out on tickets to some c*nt who has zero interest but wants to go for the day out so that he can stick selfies online and be seen at the big event.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic